Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
91 Toyota Hiace 2,4ltr Turbo Diesel w/HHO
mybrid Offline

Rolleyes 91 Toyota Hiace 2,4ltr Turbo Diesel w/HHO
I recently had a system designed/installed on my 91 Toyota Hiace 2,4ltr turbo Diesel. 1+nnnn1- 1+nnnn1- drycell. PWM, amp gauge, 5qt dist water container, Home Depot water filter, and a similar container for the bubbler.Circulating pump. All contained in a box standing at the rear of the van. All hoses have quick connect fittings which would allow the removal of the complete system.
the cell is split into 2 parts. Idle part comes on when engine starts and remains operational full time, drawing 10 amps. The throttle part engages via electronics connected to the throttle. It engages when the throttle is depressed and cuts out when throttle is released. It draws 18/20amps.
There are 2 switches under the dash which allow manual control of both parts of the cell.
The increase in power was immediately noticed. The main reason for my purchasing this system is the minimal amount of exhaust gas and soot. Just amazing. We have only been able to do a small test for consumption, as I want to do highway only driving to get a better reading.
We filled at a station 1km from freeway entrance. Slow fill to allow foam to break down. Fill to 1" of the top of the filler neck. First run with HHO 8,8km per ltr. Returned same station, same pump,same fill method run on diesel only. 6,2km per liter. We will do another test in the spring, when weather permits.
all I can say is, I will likely never pay for the system because i don't drive much but it is worth the money to cut emissions and show the NAYSAYERS............yes it can be done.
12-27-2012 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 91 Toyota Hiace 2,4ltr Turbo Diesel w/HHO
Thank you.

Once you have done some mileage tests, I want to make a recommendation to improve your mileage: Reduce the amount of HHO you are producing. I think you will find that if you cut both amounts by 1/2, you will get better mileage. You are making too much HHO for that size engine, and will probably get better mileage if you cut it all in 1/2. Don't stop there either. If you get better mileage, test with even less hho, until you find the sweet spot that gives you the best possible mileage.

By the way, your email address has something wrong with it. We are unable to send you updates when your threads are answered. You can turn those updates off if you want. But the email address is incorrect. I know because I saw the bounce back when you started this thread.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-28-2012 09:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mybrid Offline

Mike,
Thanks, I was hoping you would comment about the production volume. Sad that I did not find this forum sooner as I had my alternator rebuilt. Because of the 30amp draw and all the other wintertime needs I kept running the battery down.
Perhaps you would be good enough to give me more details about the changes needed to reduce output. Granted I did help with the installation of the system but I am somewhat in the dark about the process. FYI .....H-gen.com sold it to me. Close by, almost a neighbor. Very helpful with all the relays and wiring and the install. 100% guarantee for a year. Spent many hours getting it set up......Good man. We are running sodium hydroxide, My recollection is that more than 2 cups went into the distilled water when we activated the system. I will get in touch with John @ H-gen to discuss this with him, as I am very interested in any more improvement I can derive.
I have changed the e-mail addy. Don't know what happened because the original is good as given. btw. had to use that one because I was rejected as a spammer (not quite sure what that actually means lol) I am impressed by your filtering process. I was on another forum and as soon as the details were posted ream and reams of the Naysayers came out of the wood work and all I did was defend, ??
Cheers
Gus
12-28-2012 10:40 AM
mike Offline

It sounds like you're getting great service from your manufacturer, so I would discuss this with him. I don't know anything about your set up. For instance, we use a PWM to control the amperage, and we can set the amperage to anything we want. If you don't have a PWM in your system, then you can't control the amperage as easily.

In that case, you would only be able to reduce the electrolyte concentration. This is a much cruder way to do it, because the amp draw will change with cell temperature. It will draw less when cold and more after the cell heats up. That's why we always recommend a constant current PWM with an HHO system to get maximum mileage gains. You can find out more about them here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/what-is-a-pwm .

Sorry you got some grief from the anti-spam software. We were getting tons of spam before I started using it. But it sometimes produces false positives. Sorry.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-02-2013 10:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mybrid Offline

Rolleyes RE: 91 Toyota Hiace 2,4ltr Turbo Diesel w/HHO
Hi everyone,
Just a little update.........I just had the Air Care testing done. (B. C. govt.
requirement) They only do limited testing on Diesels.
Last year before the system was installed the reading was CO 3.3 tons
Now with HHO in operation the reading was 2.6 tons

My little contribution to the cleaner air.
Cheers
Gus
05-08-2013 06:44 PM
mike Offline

Nice. Thanks for the data.

Visit Our Documents Page
05-09-2013 03:04 PM