Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
94 GMC Truck Sierra 2500 install - UPDATE! 60 % gain! 9-13
CraigBMM Offline

94 GMC Truck Sierra 2500 install - UPDATE! 60 % gain! 9-13
I just installed a Gen setup in my fathers 94 GMC Sierra 2500 Truck.

went smooth , installed 2 gens in series ,6 volts each. for those that dont know series means
+ to Gen1 out to jumper to Gen2 out to - (the water conducts the current to the other cell and halves the voltage to each gen)

truck has been a very good truck and ran great before.

specs
94 GMC Sierra 2500 5.7L auto , 225000 miles
normally 9/14 city hiway mpg (was killing my father)

new spark plugs just installed

truck has throttle body injection (2 large fuel injectors on top of a carburetor looking like intake on top of manifold) injected HHO right on top of this clean side of the air cleaner lid right over the fuel injectors.

2 gens - 4 large 8x4 inch 16 gauge 304 stainless plates spaced about 1/8 inch apart
with NaOH electrolyte 2 teaspoons per gen . +-+-

30 amp relay wired from battery next to it and activated by a toggle switch inside cab only powered when truck is on.

1 HHO hose running from back of truck to engine compart with 1 copper tubbing pipe run over driver side exhaust , then going up into the air cleaner, 5/16 inch inside dia clear hose used.

1 one way low force to open check valve installed right before copper tubbing to keep HHO filled in the lines at brief stops. (doesnt need to create all the HHO gas again to reach the front of the truck from the truck bed that way ,, its up and producing very quick at a start)

adjustable knob type efie controller installed in the cab to control the 1 o2 sensor pre cat. running around 380 mv right now seems good. 400 was a bit too high started hesitating.

I havent checked the output but a water bubble test up front near intake shows very good HHO production.

heres a few pics will post more soon and keep updated on MPG gains .

cheers , Craig in hot ca. 107 degrees.. uuuugh. was totally worth it though as its a nice gift for my dads 73 rd Birthday Smile

UPDATE - 8-31
my Dad called me tonight . he took a trip up to the mountains , normally his truck got 9/14 city hiway , today ... 23 mpg combined mountain hiway! woooohooo i like it .. will keep you posted

UPDATE - 9-13
the acrylic gen cases didnt hold up .. they started cracking , I was worried about them holding up.
so i am thinking now to use one 5 gallon paint bucket with a sealable lid . attached a pic of the 5 gallon bucket design sketch below. my father will try this , will keep you posted. the thing on this design is it doesnt get that hot. so plastic should be ok , and of course there not alot of pressure so a 5 gallon bucket with a sealed center divider to make 2 cells , with sealable lid this should work. the good thing is he was getting good results so we know this does work .. its just getting some good gen cases going. will keep you posted.

[Image: Untitled3.jpg]
[Image: Untitled2.jpg]
[Image: Untitled1.jpg]
[Image: Untitled.jpg]
[Image: Untitled4.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0010.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0009.jpg]
[Image: ToolBox.jpg]
[Image: 5GallonBucketDesign.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2008 02:20 PM by CraigBMM.)
08-28-2008 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
howiemandel Offline

RE: 94 GMC Truck Sierra 2500 install
sweeeeeet. and a happy happy to dad!
Gave up on the cups huh? you know, the cup idea works great for me. But you know what really produces? Bigger cups, lol . However, use doggie or cat water/food dishes. They can be had at dollar stores and discount places.
5 bucks should buy however big you want, round, for 3. Wink
The one im building now just barely fits into a 5 gallon bucket! lol. Will upload some pics of that beast!!! can you say.....need 2 in a series with this build.??? lol
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2008 12:33 PM by howiemandel.)
08-28-2008 12:33 PM
CraigBMM Offline

howiemandel Wrote:sweeeeeet. and a happy happy to dad!
Gave up on the cups huh? you know, the cup idea works great for me. But you know what really produces? Bigger cups, lol . However, use doggie or cat water/food dishes. They can be had at dollar stores and discount places.
5 bucks should buy however big you want, round, for 3. Wink
The one im building now just barely fits into a 5 gallon bucket! lol. Will upload some pics of that beast!!! can you say.....need 2 in a series with this build.??? lol

hey howie , ya the cups didnt hold up for me , ate right through one of them . i think its because of the very thin SS.

lets see it eat through 16 gauge 304 Smile , wink

lol dog bowls! hahahaha love it .. let us know how it does.

yeah howie you could run 2 gens with those 3 bowels each gen +n- would be good to run in series , 6 volts to each gen . would cut heat way down and the 6 volts should run that gen real good.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2008 01:07 PM by CraigBMM.)
08-28-2008 12:41 PM
howiemandel Offline

wow, ate through the cups? Man, I still have my first set of cups still running. I took them out too, just a few days ago to look at them and to wash them. (boredom really) They looked great. Distilled water and naoh right? hmm.
lol Yeah, the dog bowl is like....... 1 foot around. Smile picture that. Its just like the cups, only 10x bigger. LOL
Cant wait to see the output.
08-28-2008 02:29 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

That's great to hear and see! I can't wait to hear results of how it all goes, keep us posted! In the mean time, I think I have to up my resistance on my MAF sensor's ground because I went on almost all my 2.8gal. of gas + HHO and I only got 45 miles so far and my empty gas light already came on! The car says I have 20 more miles so I'm gonna run it to 0 and see what I get near the end. Maybe I should go extreme to a 25ohm resistor or something, little jump from 10 lol!

Keep up the good work my friend!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
08-29-2008 11:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CraigBMM Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:That's great to hear and see! I can't wait to hear results of how it all goes, keep us posted! In the mean time, I think I have to up my resistance on my MAF sensor's ground because I went on almost all my 2.8gal. of gas + HHO and I only got 45 miles so far and my empty gas light already came on! The car says I have 20 more miles so I'm gonna run it to 0 and see what I get near the end. Maybe I should go extreme to a 25ohm resistor or something, little jump from 10 lol!

Keep up the good work my friend!

I wouldnt mess with the MAF , i have a dual MAP o2 controller and i prefer the o2 control . reason is on the MAP/MAF you are constantly adjusting it due to diffferent loads on your motor . the EFIE o2 control you set and forget it . letting the lean setting coming from the O2 controller and allowing the MAF to work as normal adjusting to different loads automatically as its supposed to work Wink

besides Kamikaze you got 70 mpg before , why mess with that? your o2 extenders are working like an EFIE o2 controller .. leave it like that Wink .. uuuuuse the fooorce young jedi

go get cha milage!

also my Dad called me tonight . he took a trip up to the mountains , normally his truck got 9/14 city hiway , today ... 23 mpg combined mountain hiway! woooohooo i like it .. will keep you posted
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2008 11:42 PM by CraigBMM.)
08-30-2008 11:36 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: 94 GMC Truck Sierra 2500 install - UPDATE! 60 % gain!
Good job Craig, you're doing us HHO buffs a great bit of pride in all our combined work Big Grin .

The reason I have a resistor on my ground wire is it supposedly (as colchiro's link on Toyota sensors states) changes the reading sent to the computer on a constant basis. It doesn't just give one reading like a MAF adjuster would, but yet, modifies it similarly to an EFIE if I'm understanding right to where there is a higher voltage being sent back to the ECU, meaning it uses less gas. More probing will be under way soon, I just need to get my correct clamping ammeter Tongue!

And about my gains, I'm not sure where they went! Ever since the e85 kit again, something hasn't been the same. I sure hope I didn't hurt anything in my engine!! I'll probably rip out all the plugs again to double check and make sure they're all still A OK. Or maybe just upping the resistance on my MAF ground wire would lean the engine a bit. Where are all you electronics gurus when I need you, ahh!

Sorry, I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread. Please PM me people if you have suggestions, or find my post about 70mpg highway. Thanks!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
08-31-2008 01:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ghahai ghato Offline

Yooohooohoo... Big Grin Great job!!!...
I always love it when big trucks get good gas mileage...
Just guessing here... you're probably getting around 500ml/min gas output... please check coz it's valuable information to us all...

Keep up the good work...
08-31-2008 03:38 AM
hygear Offline

CraigBMM Wrote:I just installed a Gen setup in my fathers 94 GMC Sierra 2500 Truck.

went smooth , installed 2 gens in series ,6 volts each. for those that dont know series means
+ to Gen1 out to jumper to Gen2 out to - (the water conducts the current to the other cell and halves the voltage to each gen)

truck has been a very good truck and ran great before.

specs
94 GMC Sierra 2500 5.7L auto , 225000 miles
normally 9/14 city hiway mpg (was killing my father)

new spark plugs just installed

truck has throttle body injection (2 large fuel injectors on top of a carburetor looking like intake on top of manifold) injected HHO right on top of this clean side of the air cleaner lid right over the fuel injectors.

2 gens - 4 large 8x4 inch 16 gauge 304 stainless plates spaced about 1/8 inch apart
with NaOH electrolyte 2 teaspoons per gen . +-+-

30 amp relay wired from battery next to it and activated by a toggle switch inside cab only powered when truck is on.

1 HHO hose running from back of truck to engine compart with 1 copper tubbing pipe run over driver side exhaust , then going up into the air cleaner, 5/16 inch inside dia clear hose used.

1 one way low force to open check valve installed right before copper tubbing to keep HHO filled in the lines at brief stops. (doesnt need to create all the HHO gas again to reach the front of the truck from the truck bed that way ,, its up and producing very quick at a start)

adjustable knob type efie controller installed in the cab to control the 1 o2 sensor pre cat. running around 380 mv right now seems good. 400 was a bit too high started hesitating.

I havent checked the output but a water bubble test up front near intake shows very good HHO production.

heres a few pics will post more soon and keep updated on MPG gains .

cheers , Craig in hot ca. 107 degrees.. uuuugh. was totally worth it though as its a nice gift for my dads 73 rd Birthday Smile

UPDATE - 8-31
my Dad called me tonight . he took a trip up to the mountains , normally his truck got 9/14 city hiway , today ... 23 mpg combined mountain hiway! woooohooo i like it .. will keep you posted

[Image: Untitled3.jpg]
[Image: Untitled2.jpg]
[Image: Untitled1.jpg]
[Image: Untitled.jpg]
[Image: Untitled4.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0010.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0009.jpg]
[Image: ToolBox.jpg]
You didn't post what ammount LPM's your cell's generating with that kind of increase of mpg.Do you have that data available as well?It does help to have the data complete to compare with our own.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 5.7 hemi
08-31-2008 04:46 AM
CraigBMM Offline

{ You didn't post what ammount LPM's your cell's generating with that kind of increase of mpg.Do you have that data available as well?It does help to have the data complete to compare with our own.
[/quote]

nope didnt do a flow check , now i'm back in Wa and cant do one.

the bubbles were coming in pretty good in a water test .. i would guess .750 to 1 LPM . maybe more

one more thing is these gens run very cool , and its the way i designed it. that plastic wouldnt hold up to alot of heat. plus being in 107 degree weather alot.
running in series like that 6 volts each gen cuts way down on heat , the plates get just enough voltage to produce without creating alot of wasted heat.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2008 01:21 PM by CraigBMM.)
08-31-2008 01:17 PM