Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
96 Ford explorer v6
GL Page Offline

96 Ford explorer v6
I have just purchased a twin Pack hydrogen generator from Cherokee Products (MileageMaker) In their FAQ They recommended you for EFIE.
My qoestion is they said post 96 would require an EFIE. having a 96 Explorer V6 do I need an EFIE and if so witch one shouid I order?
Thanks
06-17-2008 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dino Offline

RE: 96 Ford explorer v6
Anything with fuel injection really needs one, you most likely need the dual. You just need to find out how many o2 sensors you have before the cat.
06-17-2008 08:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 96 Ford explorer v6
I'm not sure why some folks think there's a difference between pre 96 and post 96. There isn't. What happened in 96 was the OBD II standard was adopted and required to be used in new automobiles by legislation. OBD II (On Board Diagnostics "version" II), is an adopted standard for data input and output to the vehicles emission controls computer. From '96 on you can plug a ScanGauge (or other OBD II compliant reader) into any auto and read the outputs of the sensors, read and clear trouble codes, etc. It was a required standardization of the I/O port for this.

The subject of needing an EFIE to handle the oxygen sensor never changed during this transition. It was needed before 96 and it's needed after 96 too.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-17-2008 09:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply