Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
98 Jeep Wrangler needs help
avarg Offline

Question 98 Jeep Wrangler needs help
I am new to this forum I have a 98'wrangler I placed the HHO bottle in it then a week later I placed the O2 sensor regulator I am not getting any results I may be doing something wrong. I hope I did not get scammed but from the looks of the forum people are getting results. I got the instructions from water 4 gas.com I am running the first hose into the intake manifold (. The other hose coming from the electrolyzer is capped off. The Mechanic that is assisting me cannot find the PCV valve to place the PCV enhancer. The top of the engine only has two vent caps. He took the caps off and they are flat on the bottom and don't make a rattling sound when you shake them.The front cap runns into the air intake hose and back cap I am not sure. I placed the MAP sensor the other day and I am having trouble fine tuning the knobs as to prevent my vehicle from stalling. I filled the Jar with distilled H2O and one teaspoon of baking soda. I would really appreciate what ever advice anyone can give me because I spent a pretty penny on this kit and I feel like I am at a lose.
07-13-2008 06:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
howiemandel Offline

RE: 98 Jeep Wrangler needs help
did you need the efie? In other words, did you get a light? Or you got no gain, so you bought an efie?
PCV, i know where your mechanic is looking but on newer vehicals they sometimes are in the boot area, somewheres between the throttle body and air filter. Just an idea, but thats where that is, im sure, course you can use google, and find out exactly in about 3 minutes.
Im no pro on this. But been messing around with it alot.
number 1, are you producing gas? Just take your hose off the intake, and put it in a bucket of water, start your gen. Is it bubbling like the dickens? Mine will start bubblin, the very second i turn mine on. Its instant. YOu can measure it, by taking a 1 liter soda bottle, submergin' it into a bucket, put your hho hose into it. As your unit produces gas, it will push water out of the soda bottle. You time it. thats how you can get, 1 liter per whatever time.
Number 2. Leakage. Man, my first gen i built, i was bummed. It was bubblin, things looked good. But no results. Found out, it had a small leak. And hydrogen goes away so fast, that if you got a small leak, its going there. Small leak, equals no gas.
07-13-2008 07:11 PM
avarg Offline

Hello Howiemandel,
I did what you said and put the end of the hose that is connected to the intake manifold into a bucket of water and there were no bubbles. The other hose that is on top of the electrolyzer is capped off. Should I be doing something with that hose like drilling a hole in the air intake hose and placing the capped hose there. That hose also has a one way valve going outward(Vacuum). If I was to do that should I keep that valve as is or turn it. I checked for leaks on the canister and hose and there is no leaks that I can find. Pardon my stupidity but what is the efie is that the same as the MAP sensor because if I don't really need it then I will take it off my jeep because the engine keeps sputting when I stop. When you said a light turned on do you mean the check engine light because that came on after I put the MAP sensor. The kit that I bought also came with a PCV enhancer should I put that on as well. Thanks in advance for assisting me with what ever you can. By the way were you successful with this device and what were the results?
07-14-2008 01:42 PM
jrior001 Offline

Can't help on the water4gas kit cuz like most of the others here gave up on that a long time ago.... i do know jeeps pretty well though. Not certain about the 4-cyl models but I know the 4.0l for sure does not use a pcv valve. It uses what they call a CCV system that basically does the same thing. Follow those 2 hoses you mentioned....the back one should go to intake vaccumm....the front to your airbox. It circulates fresh air from your airbox into that front connector, through the crankcase, out the rear connector. When it exits, it's all the nasty fumes and gunk from the crankcase that head into your intake manifold to be burned up. If there's any place to put this would be it. Good luck seeing any changes though. Supposedly that rear connecter has only a small precision orifice that lets only minimal gases out and if I remember right the hose comin off of it is a small hard plastic line. May not be easy to install your enhancer. Hope the info helps.
07-16-2008 07:17 PM
stevekos7 Offline

Not sure if I am getting this right, but there are 2 potential issues to start with here. 1. Are you getting production from the wires? When you hook up the unit there should be lots of bubbles coming from the wires. If not you have either a bad connection or a short circuit.
2. If you are getting bubbles, but none coming from the hose in the bucket you definitely have a leak somewhere. The previous post was right. Just a slight leak and all your gas will escape.

If you have a one-way valve in the top of the jar like the plans say, you may need to cap that off and test it again. It is supposed to be placed so that if there is any pressure it releases it, so to test using the bucket test you don't want the gas escaping from here.

Also, although most of the guys here use other systems, there are plenty of folks who use the water4gas system who claim results, so it should work so some extent. Most who get results using that system have at least 2 units, or more.

Also, although the instructions say use baking soda, it's crap! Use either sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide. Baking soda just makes a mess and isn't the best electrolyte.

Just my 2 cents worth.
07-16-2008 07:39 PM
95CHERJUST Offline

dont use KOH ITS SO strong it ate off the pos anode side of cell, also for the pcv enhancer i drain it once a month hooked from back valve cover port that runs a line to intake manifold and works great.
10-30-2008 12:16 PM