Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A MUST READ...Skeptics
randolphoralph Offline

A MUST READ...Skeptics
I have been following the research on Brown's Gas/Hydrogen/HHO closely. Recently a local mechanic in San Antonio, Texas was interviewed on the news about the use of electrolysis to increase gas mileage.

Here is the link to the video
News Video

The mechanic contacted Southwest Research Institute (independent research lab) to run some test on this technology. This was some exciting news since Southwest Research Institute has been testing engines for decades. They have one of the largest labs to test internal combustion engines as well as they do lots of research on Hydrogen. For once some test were being done by engineers in a non-biased environment. I have included a link to a letter from Southwest Research Applied Physics Division with the outcome of the testing that was done.

Outcome of Electrolysis Cell Testing from Southwest Research Institute

Well the good news is that they have found what we have known!
07-22-2008 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cheapfuel Offline

RE: A MUST READ...Skeptics
Great article! I know a few people on this site that would do well to read this!
07-22-2008 01:34 PM
nismotekk Offline

randolphoralph Wrote:I have been following the research on Brown's Gas/Hydrogen/HHO closely. Recently a local mechanic in San Antonio, Texas was interviewed on the news about the use of electrolysis to increase gas mileage.

Here is the link to the video
News Video

The mechanic contacted Southwest Research Institute (independent research lab) to run some test on this technology. This was some exciting news since Southwest Research Institute has been testing engines for decades. They have one of the largest labs to test internal combustion engines as well as they do lots of research on Hydrogen. For once some test were being done by engineers in a non-biased environment. I have included a link to a letter from Southwest Research Applied Physics Division with the outcome of the testing that was done.

Outcome of Electrolysis Cell Testing from Southwest Research Institute

Well the good news is that they have found what we have known!

The mechanics name is Steve Gehrlein, and I have been following this story for a while. I actually joined his hydrogen sign up sheet on his web page cambridgeauto.com. He is really respected in the community of San Antonio, he owns his own repair shop, he has his own talk show on radio, and he is an automobile expert for the local courts. This exactly why I have been following his work, I believe that he has done extensive testing on HHO. He is the one who called SWRI to have his booster tested. He was getting insane numbers out of focus' and civics. 80 miles to the gallon to be exact. I must admit though, this was not the report I was waiting for...dont get me wrong, I am happy with the findings, I was just expecting more from SWRI. The beginning makes the report seem bias, but all in all I am really excited about it, and I will be contacting Mr. gehrlein very soon!
07-22-2008 03:16 PM
stevekos7 Offline

This is great. But does anyone know of any truly independent tests done on a dyno with verified results over an extended period? I used to sell a fuel enhancer product that had been tested extensively at a university in Queensland Australia, and these tests helped to sell the product because they were independent and verifiable. Anyone could ask the university to verify that the report was genuine, and they did.

While the report referred to here is great news, unfortunately the H2 enhancement results were given only in conjunction with other enhancements (tyres, special plugs etc.) when highway drive testing was done.

I think for the hard core skeptic we need more professional testing. I'm no skeptic, as anyone on this forum will know, but there is nothing to compare with systematic independent research done under lab conditions, rather than highway conditions.
07-22-2008 03:37 PM
tangomar Offline

Guys,

this is fantastic!!!
This will change the world right here and right now.
07-22-2008 03:45 PM
nismotekk Offline

stevekos7 Wrote:This is great. But does anyone know of any truly independent tests done on a dyno with verified results over an extended period? I used to sell a fuel enhancer product that had been tested extensively at a university in Queensland Australia, and these tests helped to sell the product because they were independent and verifiable. Anyone could ask the university to verify that the report was genuine, and they did.

While the report referred to here is great news, unfortunately the H2 enhancement results were given only in conjunction with other enhancements (tyres, special plugs etc.) when highway drive testing was done.

I think for the hard core skeptic we need more professional testing. I'm no skeptic, as anyone on this forum will know, but there is nothing to compare with systematic independent research done under lab conditions, rather than highway conditions.

What fuel additive did you sell in Australia? More testing will be done now that SWRI has gotten improvements. I will call them tomorrow to verify the authenticity of the document.
07-22-2008 04:33 PM
stevekos7 Offline

nismotekk Wrote:What fuel additive did you sell in Australia? More testing will be done now that SWRI has gotten improvements. I will call them tomorrow to verify the authenticity of the document.

Pro-ma systems products. They have gasoline and diesel fuel enhancement products that really work.

(This isn't an ad, I'm just answering your question).
07-22-2008 06:28 PM
nismotekk Offline

Did anyone read the bottom of the SWRI report? Quote"we will get the officially certified measurments soon from the EPA, dynamometer labratory, including NOx, which shows to be reduced by your system". Guys this WILL be huge! Lets hope the EPA gets the same results as SWRI. People claim hydrogen injection is nothing more than placebo effect. Placebo effect does not change emissions!
07-23-2008 02:40 AM
visek Offline

stevekos7 Wrote:I think for the hard core skeptic we need more professional testing. I'm no skeptic, as anyone on this forum will know, but there is nothing to compare with systematic independent research done under lab conditions, rather than highway conditions.

People don't drive their cars in the lab.

The EPA is politically compromised?

Anyone seriously interested in gaining mpg...will use a combination of techniques.

No one really needs to PROVE anything to doubters...they just need to improve their mpg?

Not trying to be negative....but I have hopefully learned over time that one's time and energy is best spent making real improvements and gains...and not by trying to drag along a bunch of deadwood skeptics.

It takes some serious effort to consider various techniques and improvements and actually apply them and test for results....way too much talking....and time wasted trying to "prove" things to doubters?
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2008 05:11 AM by visek.)
07-23-2008 05:04 AM
nismotekk Offline

visek Wrote:
stevekos7 Wrote:I think for the hard core skeptic we need more professional testing. I'm no skeptic, as anyone on this forum will know, but there is nothing to compare with systematic independent research done under lab conditions, rather than highway conditions.

People don't drive their cars in the lab.

The EPA is politically compromised?

Anyone seriously interested in gaining mpg...will use a combination of techniques.

No one really needs to PROVE anything to doubters...they just need to improve their mpg?

Not trying to be negative....but I have hopefully learned over time that one's time and energy is best spent making real improvements and gains...and not by trying to drag along a bunch of deadwood skeptics.

It takes some serious effort to consider various techniques and improvements and actually apply them and test for results....way too much talking....and time wasted trying to "prove" things to doubters?
I am not out to prove anything to doubters, I would just like to see some accredited organizations do some actual research on hydrogen boosted automobiles. You may be right the EPA might be compromised, but I would still like to see their results.
07-23-2008 05:34 AM