Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few questions for the guys on here who know more then me?
hhagen_1 Offline

Question A few questions for the guys on here who know more then me?
So I will this spring be install my monster HHO on my old 74 Dodge W100 with a 225 CID slant. A bit of history on the engine it has the 2 barrle Carter BBD carb, standard 225 Dart solid lift cam set valves to .018 intake and .020 exhaust, shaved .060 off the head and had bronze valve guides installed.
I have a few things to do before I install the HHO tune up replace the vaccum advance on the electronic distributer, rejet carb for the E85 I started to run it on do to 50 ents less per gallon the regular unleaded. I also need to remove the cat I put on to pass colorado sniffer test.
My questions are what should I set the timing to for the HHO? How much HHO should I be making to see real increases? I think I need to put a bigger alternator on to and a ajustable voltage regulator too keep the voltage at 13.5 at idle.
Please let know your thoughts on these questions. I would like know if I should piggy back the HHO with the HCS system to really see results.
Thanks for all the good info.
04-17-2013 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: A few questions for the guys on here who know more then me?
You'll get results from both technologies. You should add them one at a time and optimize each for the best gain possible before installing the other.

For quantity of gas, you'll probably do best with around 10 amps on your HHO generator.

Your fuel mix will burn more quickly, so you want to fire the spark closer to TDC. Less advance.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-19-2013 06:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhagen_1 Offline

Thanks Mike right now I'm still working out bugs on the old girl she was in storage for 5 years and needs some TLC. The last few day days it was loosing spark and at the most unopertune time like in traffic lol. I think I habve those issues fixed now had to go back to the basics of auto mechanics but found the problem was bad grounds and 2 crossed wires on the balist resistor. it ran great tonight.
I have to rebuild my HHo set up and then re test it with my flow meter. But that will not take long. Thanks again for all the great advice you and HHo fox have given me over the year.
04-19-2013 08:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

No problem.

Please post your results when you finish. We'd like to hear how it turns out.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-20-2013 12:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply