Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A new vaporizer
rpatzer Offline

A new vaporizer
I have taken my MPG vaporizer and combined it with my Condensator. I took out the screen element in the Condensator and inserted a fuel hose in place. The fuel hose supplies air into the glass jar as well as the fuel.
It is basically a "bubblier" unit with the vapors being sucked into the manifold intake.
Since I have oil blow-by, I left the PCV in place with the oil being sucked back into the engine.
I seems it won't let me instal the photos, it says they are too large, but if anyone is interested in the operation, email me and I can send them to you. I also have a video of the set-up, but it says it cannot email it because it is too long. There must be some way to be able to send long videos- they have them on You Tube all the time.
I basically have 2 systems operating. The vacuum for both is common, I T'd off the intake manifold. One runs the PCV system and the other supplies the vacuum for the vaporizer. So far I have a valve on the end of the vaporizer air source for control. Too much and the rpms increase. When I get it set up I can source the air from after the air filter.
This way I can see the drops in the jar and can control the fuel level as well as regulate the air flow. I use the the AFR meter to monitor the mixture. So far what works at higher speeds, it too rich at idle.
I will play with it to get both setting down.
I basically use the MPG vaporizer as my fuel source- I flooded the chamber so fuel reached the condensator/vaporizer and is returned to the manifold as vapor.
I did manage to get 1 photo uploaded- the dirty jar is on the outside from a previous tape job.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 06:55 PM by rpatzer.)
07-05-2013 01:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: A new vaporizer
You can post the photos. Just resize them to fit with the max file size. It is set at 100K. There are some links to free image re-size programs in this post: http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Uploadi...-the-forum

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-06-2013 08:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

I had my first freeway test- Home to LA rt= 85 miles. I got 38mpg. I usually get 32-33 mpg. I will continue to tweek it. I have total control over the air supply as well as the fuel supply. I can see what is going on. My goal is to achieve 40-45mpg.
BTW- that test result included sitting on the 91 in LA, 4:30, stop & go.
I see that I can increase the air supply and open the gas to keep up with that demand.
07-08-2013 08:01 PM
mike Offline

Nice results. Are you working from a document from the internet, or is this completely a home brew design? If the former, what's the link. I'd like to see how your doing it.

If you can adjust both the air and the fuel flow, I think that could be a winner.

Visit Our Documents Page
07-10-2013 06:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Test reply.

Visit Our Documents Page
07-11-2013 07:20 AM
rpatzer Offline

(07-10-2013 06:49 AM)mike Wrote:  Nice results. Are you working from a document from the internet, or is this completely a home brew design? If the former, what's the link. I'd like to see how your doing it.

If you can adjust both the air and the fuel flow, I think that could be a winner.

Mike- this is a combo of the MPG vaporizer, my fuel source, and a Condensator that I converted to a vaporizer. I can control both air and fuel with this setup. I sent you a video of it in operation since I can't seem to get it to upload anywhere.
I use the AFR meter to see if too rich or lean and am not using my EFIE, I am letting the computer keep to it stock ratio.
I have set it leaner, but it runs rough at low speeds. It needs the higher air velocity to work properly.
I am still playing with it.
07-11-2013 07:56 AM
rpatzer Offline

I just made a rt from LA to Berkeley and back. I adjusted my MPG to 10 drops/L for a total of about 20-25 drops. I kept my "bubbler" jar in line, but it acted as a second vaporizer. It had no liquid in it.
My air source is filtered open air as I "blow oil" throught the PCV system. My air vacuum is T'd off of the intake manifold, split with the PCV.
I got 38.8 MPG with CC @ 70MPH and no air. I wanted to see what ideal conditions would produce. Normal mileage is 32MPG.
I never got good mileage with MPG before bacause I think the oil from the PCV system oiled my MPG cylinder preventing good vaporization.
I will now play with the fuel & air to see if I can get 40+MPG.
I do have an AFR meter (Air-Fuel-Ratio) . I don't know how anyone could see what is going on w/o one. I use it to keep my LEDs in the green. Orange indicates it is getting richer.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 04:13 PM by rpatzer.)
07-22-2013 03:50 PM