Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A thought on freezing of HHO
hhagen_1 Offline

A thought on freezing of HHO
I was just thinking what if a person wrapped a heat tube with water from the car heater hose running through it to keep it from freezing. Has anyone thought of doing this instead of running a stronger mix and using a pulse width modulator. Just a thought for tonight.
07-06-2013 09:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonnkopp Offline

RE: A thought on freezing of HHO
Others have used redirected hoses from the heater or radiator. The problem with this is that once your hho cell is running, which is when the car is running, it will generate its own heat, so why heat it after the engine is running? If the hho unit happens to freeze solid, it might thaw it out, but letting your cell freeze solid, especially a dry cell is a bad thing and you are risking damage. The real trick is to not let it freeze up when it's sitting there in yourdriveway at night when's its -20*.i live in the Adirondack Mts near the Canadian border and -20* is a regular thing in the winter so I deal with coldore than most. I used a small length of heat tape and wrapped it around my dry cell. I plug it in at night. Works great.
07-07-2013 04:53 AM
hhagen_1 Offline

RE: A thought on freezing of HHO
thanks I live in Colorado and the coldest I have seen in 5 years was 0 so I like the heat tape idea. Heat tape runs cheaper then buying all that heater hose. My dry cell is a 6"x6" high density the same stuff counter tops and cutting boards are made of. The container I sue for my mix is 4" black PVC pipe with a screw on cap on top. I use 3 tablespoons of KOH to 1 quart of water runs about 10 AMPS to start then settles to 7 when running. I have a tee with a oneway valve for the cool down btween the tank and the bubblier. The line from the Bubblier goes to a tee in my vacuum advance line. I'm running right now 16 degrees BTDC because my timing chain has a lot of wear and the truck seems to run great there. Mike told me I should run closer to TDC but the truck eats fuel like crazy there. Sence Monday I have driven 80 mile on about a 1/4 of a tank witch is about 5 gallons and all city driving.
07-07-2013 08:21 AM