Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ACT
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

ACT
The wiring diagram from ahdol.com shows my ACT sensor, but I don't see it anywhere on my air intake and it says it is integrated into the MAF but I dont see those color wires on it, so I decided I would catch the signal at the ECU but the ACT has the grey wire going to the ECU and the other Red and Grey wire connecting to other wires, most likely the ground. But I know you are supposed to put the resistor in between the 2 wires, but I can't find the other wire, only the grey one at the ECU. What is the difference if I just put the resistor on the grey wire...
03-09-2008 06:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: ACT
There is no problem with this. It is electrically equivalent. If the gray wire is the signal wire, then put the resistor between the gray wire and any of the red/gray wires. It doesn't matter if you do this at the ECU or at the sensor. It's electrically equivalent. It also doesn't matter if you use the red/gray that came from the ACT sensor or if you use another sensor's red/gray. If they are connected, then they are equivalent for this purpose.

I would do a little verification that you really have the correct signal wire though, since you never found the device where it should be. Just test the signal wire to ground. Start the car while it's still cold, and get a measurement. Then watch the voltage as the engine warms up. You should see a voltage that is proportional to the engine temperature as it warms up.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-09-2008 10:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SlibeseeNal Offline
SlibeseeNalAV

Some bumf about buying low cost Accutane in UK
buy accutane
buy accutane
accutane
buy accutane
buy accutane
accutane
accutane

accutane
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 01:26 PM by SlibeseeNal.)
05-01-2012 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply