Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
shearinfinity Offline

AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
Greetings Everyone,

I've been reading a lot about the AGS Vaporizer and the HCS.

HCS seems to use a bubbler filled with gasoline and bubbles the gas vapors to a copper line that goes through a "catalyst" tube to heat the fuels to crack the hydrocarbons. Or instead of the catalyst, you can wrap the copper tubing around the exhaust several times to get the same effect to crack the hydrocarbons.

AGS seems to feed off of a T of your fuel line with a valve into an oil catch through about 5' of tubing to vaporize the fuel before it is fed into the intake manifold.

Both systems use vacuum to pull the full, and use the idea to pull air from the PCV/exhaust. (At least a later idea that sprung up with the HCS)

Has anyone ever tried using the AGS fuel system heated like the HCS system? I know AGS is sold as a "cold" vapor system, but I like the way AGS system doesn't depend on refilling a bubbler. Has anyone thought about or tried something similar?
08-04-2011 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

RE: AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
I'm doing further research on bubbler design, and have been using a Zylene/water/ibuprofin mix unsuccessfully thus far, but NOTHING seems to work on my '02 Silverado 5.3, where others get results. OTOH, if I get results on mine, it should work on ANYONE'S engine. Have not tried the gasoline thru it yet due to glues on the lexan top of the bubbler.
I've already melted down an aquarium stone in it. Also, there is some concern for the gas in the top of the bubbler and vacuum line. I don't think the vacuum is sufficient to lower the flash point of the gasoline.
08-06-2011 05:37 AM
rpatzer Offline

(08-04-2011 08:29 PM)shearinfinity Wrote:  Greetings Everyone,

HCS seems to use a bubbler filled with gasoline and bubbles the gas vapors to a copper line that goes through a "catalyst" tube to heat the fuels to crack the hydrocarbons. Or instead of the catalyst, you can wrap the copper tubing around the exhaust several times to get the same effect to crack the hydrocarbons.

AGS seems to feed off of a T of your fuel line with a valve into an oil catch through about 5' of tubing to vaporize the fuel before it is fed into the intake manifold.

Both systems use vacuum to pull the full, and use the idea to pull air from the PCV/exhaust. (At least a later idea that sprung up with the HCS)

Has anyone ever tried using the AGS fuel system heated like the HCS system? I know AGS is sold as a "cold" vapor system, but I like the way AGS system doesn't depend on refilling a bubbler. Has anyone thought about or tried something similar?

Why do you need to heat it? Once it is vapor, that is all you need. I used to have the AGS system and it created more vapor than my OBDII could handle.
08-06-2011 06:15 PM
shearinfinity Offline

Over at the HCS thread, they experimented with cracking the heavy hydrocarbons into lighter form ones? Anyhow here's the thread:

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hydroca...ing-System

They pull gas vapor and heat it to get better results, several people who posted on there get good results with just vapor, but when the engine warms up and heats the gas, things get even better.

I've read up on the GEET system which seems to use a similar theme to the experiment, except the fuel line runs directly into the exhaust lines to crack the fuel, but incase of GEET, mostly were smaller engines durring tests, but they were able to mix gas with other substances, like a gas/water mix and burn it all completely.

I'm just doing research and seeing if anyone out there has some similar projects. I'll be mixing a few ideas around in the future on my own projects and post up what I get.
08-06-2011 08:18 PM
rpatzer Offline

(08-06-2011 06:15 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(08-04-2011 08:29 PM)shearinfinity Wrote:  Greetings Everyone,

Why do you need to heat it? Once it is vapor, that is all you need. I used to have the AGS system and it created more vapor than my OBDII could handle.

I did read through about 75% of the original posts and a few of the last ones. They were using this technique on motorcycles and vehicles with carbs in Indonesia. They can get getter results with carbs because they don't have all the controls that FI/OBDII cars have. They also use heat because they didn't have any other method to vaporize the fuel. I didn't see where that technique results translated to FI autos.
The cold vaporizer does a good job of vaporizing the fuel. The catalyst used was just another heating device, no chemical.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2011 10:01 AM by rpatzer.)
08-07-2011 08:07 AM
shearinfinity Offline

I'll be grabbing the AGS Vaporizer soon for a go thanks to you and Drew on the other AGS thread. Just gotta find somewhere to run/hide 5' foot of fuel line so my engine bay doesn't look messy.
08-09-2011 03:57 PM
dingo Offline

(08-09-2011 03:57 PM)shearinfinity Wrote:  I'll be grabbing the AGS Vaporizer soon for a go thanks to you and Drew on the other AGS thread. Just gotta find somewhere to run/hide 5' foot of fuel line so my engine bay doesn't look messy.

Is there any reason not to use both AGS style vaporizer, then HCS on the exhaust to crack or vaporize even further ???

just thinking aloud...
08-12-2011 02:02 PM
shearinfinity Offline

(08-12-2011 02:02 PM)dingo Wrote:  Is there any reason not to use both AGS style vaporizer, then HCS on the exhaust to crack or vaporize even further ???

just thinking aloud...

Thats actually what I was asking in the first post, if anyone had ever done it. I will probably be trying it out a little after I install the AGS Vaporizer. I just have a couple other small projects ahead and can't do them out of order really heh. But I'm getting there.
08-12-2011 03:13 PM
rpatzer Offline

(08-12-2011 03:13 PM)shearinfinity Wrote:  
(08-12-2011 02:02 PM)dingo Wrote:  Is there any reason not to use both AGS style vaporizer, then HCS on the exhaust to crack or vaporize even further ???

just thinking aloud...

Thats actually what I was asking in the first post, if anyone had ever done it. I will probably be trying it out a little after I install the AGS Vaporizer. I just have a couple other small projects ahead and can't do them out of order really heh. But I'm getting there.

Are you sure there is going to be enough unburned material to make it worth your while. It seems the cat has taken care of that for you.
" The type of chemical reaction varies depending upon the type of catalyst installed, for example current North American gasoline powered Light Duty Vehicles are fitted with a Three-way Catalytic Converter which reduces carbon monoxide(CO), unburned hydrocarbons(HC), and oxides of nitrogen(NO, NO2, & N2O) to produce carbon dioxide(CO2), nitrogen(N2), and water(H2O)."
Check on your car and see if it shows a viable project. Look at your last smog test and see how much HC you have left.
If you can tap the exhaust before it goes to the cat, that might work.
08-13-2011 07:00 AM
Thor Offline

(08-13-2011 07:00 AM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(08-12-2011 03:13 PM)shearinfinity Wrote:  

just thinking aloud...

Are you sure there is going to be enough unburned material to make it worth your while. It seems the cat has taken care of that for you.
" The type of chemical reaction varies depending upon the type of catalyst installed, for example current North American gasoline powered Light Duty Vehicles are fitted with a Three-way Catalytic Converter which reduces carbon monoxide(CO), unburned hydrocarbons(HC), and oxides of nitrogen(NO, NO2, & N2O) to produce carbon dioxide(CO2), nitrogen(N2), and water(H2O)."
Check on your car and see if it shows a viable project. Look at your last smog test and see how much HC you have left.
If you can tap the exhaust before it goes to the cat, that might work.

Just had my emissions test completed for relicensing purposes. I'm still surprised Big Grin as I dropped 12% from last years report. This does exactly as AGS Vaporizer advertises - what amazes me is how corporate corporate america has not tried buying them out.
10-10-2011 04:30 PM