Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
rpatzer Offline

RE: AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
(09-16-2013 06:06 PM)vapor Wrote:  wow - very interesting thread - i read each and every one of the 9 pages Smile

as always, i did a search for user feedback after finding the agsvaporizermpg.com site and i landed here - have to say, i am quite impressed by what i read

anyone one have some more recent feedback on the agsvaporizermpg.com unit?

my concern with vaporizing more of the fuel is with heat and friction within the combustion chamber components - what is the effect on valves, injectors and rings - anyone have any input on that?

I set the MPG according to specs and got a 20% increase on freeway. I tried various options which in the long run didn't work out.
1- I opened the needle valve for more vapor but had problems at idle speed and in stop/go city traffic. It was too rich.
2- I tried a bubbler. I flooded the chamber on the MPG unit so it ran into a second vaporizer. But that created too much vapor and again too rich for slower driving.
I am sticking with stock specs. No trouble at slow speeds and 20% at freeway speeds. That works for me. '97 Honda Accord EX, normal freeway mpg=32, with vaporizer=38-39.
09-17-2013 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vapor Offline

thanks for the feedback

sounds to me like a proper fuel map would be the ticket maybe???
09-17-2013 10:40 AM
vapor Offline

i just emailed AGS and their response to my questions leaves me bewildered - while it seems apparent his systems do work, i wouldn't buy a fishing sinker from him

here's my questions and his replies...

1) what is the difference between the GLS, HB and MPG systems?

A G S Fuel Vaporizer MPG GLS
http://www.agsint.com/atom.htm
http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com
Order : (888) 436-0899

the pages he sends me to, which i already know about, tell me almost nothing about the differences between the 3 systems, which is why i asked. his answer is useless

2) which unit offers the best fuel economy? All do

great - then why have 3? again, his answer is utterly useless

3) do these systems need to be refilled, or is the fuel flow regulated automatically? No, not at all.

no what? no they don't need to be refilled? no they are not regulated? no, the regulation is not automatic? !!!

4) is there any maintenance? no

5) is an EFIE required? No

6) i see you're using copper tubing. it is my understanding that ethanol attacks copper and will corrode it rapidly. could you please comment on this? Our system work with all systems.

i'm now looking at the lawbright system: http://www.lawbright.com/energy/
09-18-2013 01:35 PM
rpatzer Offline

(09-18-2013 01:35 PM)vapor Wrote:  i just emailed AGS and their response to my questions leaves me bewildered - while it seems apparent his systems do work, i wouldn't buy a fishing sinker from him

here's my questions and his replies...

1) what is the difference between the GLS, HB and MPG systems?

A G S Fuel Vaporizer MPG GLS
http://www.agsint.com/atom.htm
http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com
Order : (888) 436-0899

the pages he sends me to, which i already know about, tell me almost nothing about the differences between the 3 systems, which is why i asked. his answer is useless

2) which unit offers the best fuel economy? All do

great - then why have 3? again, his answer is utterly useless
[undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined]He is correct- they all do, but there is a difference in how they vaporize the fuel. With the GLS, you need several feet of hose which I think helps to complete the vaporization process which the MPG doesn't need. The MPG has a needle valve which allows you to precisely measure out your drops- the GLS doesn't. I think the MPG is more precise in its settings. I have had both the GLS and MPG. I don't know what the HB is.[/undefined][/undefined][/undefined]
3) do these systems need to be refilled, or is the fuel flow regulated automatically? No, not at all.
[undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined]No refilling- the jars/cylinder is for vaporization- it allows the air to vaporize the gas. No liquid would be in either container. Once set, it is set for good.[/undefined][/undefined][/undefined]
no what? no they don't need to be refilled? no they are not regulated? no, the regulation is not automatic? !!!

4) is there any maintenance? no

5) is an EFIE required? No

6) i see you're using copper tubing. it is my understanding that ethanol attacks copper and will corrode it rapidly. could you please comment on this? Our system work with all systems.
[undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined]I had the GLS for several years and no problem with corrosion.[/undefined][/undefined][/undefined]
i'm now looking at the lawbright system: http://www.lawbright.com/energy/
09-19-2013 07:24 AM
vapor Offline

hi rpatzer

the BB-code buttons don't work on these forums, hence all the "[/undefined]" tags in your reply - i was able to follow your reply though and i thank you for the info... that they didn't provide
09-19-2013 10:04 AM
rpatzer Offline

(09-19-2013 10:04 AM)vapor Wrote:  hi rpatzer

the BB-code buttons don't work on these forums, hence all the "[/undefined]" tags in your reply - i was able to follow your reply though and i thank you for the info... that they didn't provide

Slight correction- in the MPG unit, there will be some liquid in the cylinder, but it won't be full.
I think the jar in the GLS is for the oil vapors to collect at the bottom. The fuel is vaporized above the jar.
How much oil you collect depends upon how old a car it is and how much oil blow-by via the PC valve. That is why on my Honda, I sourced my air from the air cleaner, post filter because I was blowing oil and it was messing with my vaporization of the fuel.
So I think with the earlier model (GLS), it was a combination of vaporizer and condensator.
09-19-2013 10:48 PM
Lithial Offline

Have any of you guys tried water injection to lower the heat which lowers the nox?
11-23-2013 01:21 AM