Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
Handy Offline

RE: AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
(11-16-2011 11:44 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  Handy- I thought that return valve might mess with the vacuum. Back to the drawing board.
I believe you said you are heating vapor. I think that once you have vapor, you don't need to heat it. What is the advantage of heating vapor?
Well after doing some heavy reading about it my understanding is that is helps with the break down in the same way they used to use heat to make gas from oil. Same Idea. Some how as the gases go through the heating process it changes the way it burns. Excuse my crude explanation. They talk about it in great detail earlier in this forum.
(11-17-2011 05:46 AM)amos33 Wrote:  My only recommendation is to never use fine steel wool, it can ignite; use fine brass wool instead. Looks like a clever invention, stay safe...
Yes I agree with you and that is the next step. I live in the middle of nowhere and could only get the steel wool. Thanks for the heads up. The other reason I wanted to use the brass is that it doesn't rust.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2011 08:19 PM by Handy.)
11-17-2011 08:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Handy Offline

Wink RE: AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
Well it's been a couple of trips to Phoenix and back and I have had some interesting results. If I drive 70 to 75 the whole way my mileage really dumps at about 46 miles to the gallon. But if I just cruise at 60 to 65 I get about 54 miles to the gallon. It still seems to be a little more peppy than before but not sure. The next trip I take I'm going to shut it down and just run it like normal and see what the results are.
11-22-2011 05:34 PM
Thor Offline

(11-16-2011 11:44 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  Handy- I thought that return valve might mess with the vacuum. Back to the drawing board.
I believe you said you are heating vapor. I think that once you have vapor, you don't need to heat it. What is the advantage of heating vapor?

have you tried the vaporizer MPG system yet at http://www.agsvaporizermog.com website?
Just thought I'd check as I didn't know if you sold you other unit, yet?
11-23-2011 03:42 PM
Handy Offline

Hello Thor, Nope. At this point I am done with doing anymore stuff to my car at the moment. I'm going to wait and see how the car does with this unit and maybe a hot air intake to see if that helps.
11-23-2011 05:52 PM
Handy Offline

Hello all, just thought I would post an update to my heating coil. I noticed that even though it was wrapped around the exhaust pipe a few times it still was not keeping the heat due to not getting it tight around the exhaust. So I had a tube of exhaust puddy so I just sealed up the whole thing so that the heat would stay in. Works much better. I also decided to keep hammering away on my HHO system. Gonna see what it does with some HHO added to the mix. I also noticed that when I try to use my EFIE with the fuel vaporizer that it gives me a code. I'm sure that the o2 is already sensing the extra fuel and sending a rich mixture signal to the ECU and when I try to use the EFIE with that it is too much. So now I'm going to run the HHO system without the EFIE and see what it does with that first and then with it on to see how it reacts. Who knows.

[Image: 6398185915_5c870159c5.jpg]
Vaporizer Heating Coil by Handycomp1957, on Flickr
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 09:44 PM by Handy.)
11-24-2011 09:41 PM
justing Offline

(11-24-2011 09:41 PM)Handy Wrote:  Hello all, just thought I would post an update to my heating coil. I noticed that even though it was wrapped around the exhaust pipe a few times it still was not keeping the heat due to not getting it tight around the exhaust. So I had a tube of exhaust puddy so I just sealed up the whole thing so that the heat would stay in. Works much better. I also decided to keep hammering away on my HHO system. Gonna see what it does with some HHO added to the mix. I also noticed that when I try to use my EFIE with the fuel vaporizer that it gives me a code. I'm sure that the o2 is already sensing the extra fuel and sending a rich mixture signal to the ECU and when I try to use the EFIE with that it is too much. So now I'm going to run the HHO system without the EFIE and see what it does with that first and then with it on to see how it reacts. Who knows.

[Image: 6398185915_5c870159c5.jpg]
Vaporizer Heating Coil by Handycomp1957, on Flickr

My car is a 2004 Kia Optima 2.7L V6 beginning MPG was 22.
I have a fuel heater I made to put on my car (my fuel heater is a 3x3x6" box with 10' of tubing coiled inside...engine coolant passes thru the box and around the tubing to heat the gasoline) .... this is the next step.... Currently I have a Volo fs-2 and an open element air filter. With the Volo chip and making sure that I put 100% gasoline in the tank I now get between 26.5 and 27 MPG. I cant wait to see what the fuel heater does for it. After the fuel heater I will install my HHO Dry cell.

Justin Green
Chattanooga TN
2004 Kia Optima
from 22MPG to 26.5MPG
VOLO FS-2
11-25-2011 07:58 AM
Thor Offline

AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
Wink I'm not sure, why you're trying to heat up fuel? I've seen others over the years trying it with limited success, though. The vaporizer mpg is a "cold vapor system" that [for a lack of better words] would be much safer in my estimation. The one in this http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com website. Smile
had to log in and fix the url typo
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2011 08:15 AM by Thor.)
11-25-2011 08:12 AM
justing Offline

(11-25-2011 08:12 AM)Thor Wrote:  Wink I'm not sure, why you're trying to heat up fuel? I've seen others over the years trying it with limited success, though. The vaporizer mpg is a "cold vapor system" that [for a lack of better words] would be much safer in my estimation. The one in this http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com website. Smile
had to log in and fix the url typo

Mike Holler has had great success with heating fuel. And it only makes sense that if the fuel is heated under pressure when the injector sprays the fuel the fuel is more atomized and thus more likely to have a complete burn. I feel like my method is safe because I dont use the exhaust to heat the fuel, the main reason I dont use the exhaust is because I dont want to damage the injectors. I will post my results in a few weeks.

Justin Green
Chattanooga TN
2004 Kia Optima
from 22MPG to 26.5MPG
VOLO FS-2
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2011 12:52 PM by justing.)
11-25-2011 12:48 PM
Handy Offline

Hello all, just wanted to clear up a thing about my fuel vapor system. I am not heating the fuel that comes from the fuel tank to my throttle body. I have a completely separate fuel vapor system. I have a vacuum that draws fuel vapor ( NOT LIQUID ) through a bubbler and then through a flash arrest. It then goes through the copper coil on the exhaust and then into a vacuum.

[Image: 6341651870_43e13cfa03.jpg]
IMG_20111113_120246 by Handycomp1957, on Flickr

When my 02 see's the extra fuel in the system it sends a rich signal to my ECU to lean out the mix. I have seen some very promising gains from this system. Also my engine runs not only smoother but has more power. Very happy with it. So now I just finished my dry cell HHO generator and will be testing it tomorrow. My plan is to be able to run them both at the same time as the Hydrogen will help with the burn. I will have some pics and info for all to see soon. Thank you all for you great input. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2011 09:38 PM by Handy.)
11-25-2011 09:36 PM
justing Offline

@Handy..... If you want more Ortho hydrogen in the mix you might run the HHO thru some heated coils as well. You might send the HHO thru the gasoline bubbler, then when the gasoline is cracked and broken down into its smaller bits the HHO would be there to give Hydrogen to the unhappy hydrocarbons. Making methane, ethane, and other smaller hydrocarbon chains. The things I am saying is actually headed toward a simplified GEET setup. (which I have successfully ran on a pushmower with 60% less fuel consumption than the factory carb.)

Justin Green
Chattanooga TN
2004 Kia Optima
from 22MPG to 26.5MPG
VOLO FS-2
11-26-2011 06:16 AM