Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
Thor Offline

(12-30-2011 07:12 AM)rpatzer Wrote:  Thor- what the EFIE will do will make the mix too lean. I got a "test smog" done with my EFIE and the vaporizer and all the numbers improved except NOx which spiked. If it had been a real test, I would have failed.
I maintain you don't want to use the EFIE, just let the ECU keep you in 14.7:1 balance. I will try to find that smog report which I posted.

Doesn't the EFIE tell the computer to reduce fuel usage by a certain amount? Sad Maybe I'm wrong and it does something else.
12-30-2011 07:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: AGS Fuel Vaporizer & Hydrocarbon Cracking System HCS
(12-30-2011 07:34 AM)Thor Wrote:  
(12-30-2011 07:12 AM)rpatzer Wrote:  Thor- what the EFIE will do will make the mix too lean. I got a "test smog" done with my EFIE and the vaporizer and all the numbers improved except NOx which spiked. If it had been a real test, I would have failed.
I maintain you don't want to use the EFIE, just let the ECU keep you in 14.7:1 balance. I will try to find that smog report which I posted.

Doesn't the EFIE tell the computer to reduce fuel usage by a certain amount? Sad Maybe I'm wrong and it does something else.
Yes it does, and that makes it too lean. When EFIE takes over the ratio, it can artificially put it "outside" of the "desired" ratio. When the ECU "rules", it keeps it within that ratio.
12-30-2011 09:41 PM
Thor Offline

(12-30-2011 09:41 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(12-30-2011 07:34 AM)Thor Wrote:  

Yes it does, and that makes it too lean. When EFIE takes over the ratio, it can artificially put it "outside" of the "desired" ratio. When the ECU "rules", it keeps it within that ratio.

Is there any difference between the vaporizer mpg and the vaporizer gls units? Or have you tried both yet? I would think the one on http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com would be the re better one using the EFIE system. The one I'm using is the http://www.agsint.com/atom.htm vaporizer gls system, that's the one I'm seeing the reduced NOx level accordign the my report. Big Grin
01-15-2012 02:43 PM
chrisdibor Offline
Ceedee

Hi guys, I am trying to make up my mind to commit one of the vaporizer units. which would you recommend and why? how much fuel savings do you get (with or without EFI)? Has anyone tried it with volo?

Responses will be appreciated please

Chris

Need to save fuel now....
01-15-2012 02:55 PM
Thor Offline

(01-15-2012 02:55 PM)chrisdibor Wrote:  Hi guys, I am trying to make up my mind to commit one of the vaporizer units. which would you recommend and why? how much fuel savings do you get (with or without EFI)? Has anyone tried it with volo?

Chris

Chris, both are awesome products - I use them with my vehicles. The MPG website http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com I think might be better for smaller engines cause it is a smaller unit. Not sure if its built that way by design or was just designed that way.
The other one at http://www.agsint.com/atom.htm is the GLS unit, which I have installed on my larger vehicle than my wife's. Both do aboutt he same job from what I can see. Never the less, I'm impressed with both systems. All I can tell you is to try them to see what I'm talking about as, I'm very impressed with both. Big Grin
01-19-2012 10:31 AM
romeo Offline

(01-19-2012 10:31 AM)Thor Wrote:  
(01-15-2012 02:55 PM)chrisdibor Wrote:  Hi guys, I am trying to make up my mind to commit one of the vaporizer units. which would you recommend and why? how much fuel savings do you get (with or without EFI)? Has anyone tried it with volo?

Chris

Chris, both are awesome products - I use them with my vehicles. The MPG website http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com I think might be better for smaller engines cause it is a smaller unit. Not sure if its built that way by design or was just designed that way.
The other one at http://www.agsint.com/atom.htm is the GLS unit, which I have installed on my larger vehicle than my wife's. Both do aboutt he same job from what I can see. Never the less, I'm impressed with both systems. All I can tell you is to try them to see what I'm talking about as, I'm very impressed with both. Big Grin

thor, were your emissions tests done a state run test center or private test center? The reason I ask is, because of the state by state test centers - some states allow for independent testing while others don't. My fuel economy Big Grin is what I noticed as my best results.
02-07-2012 07:14 AM
rpatzer Offline

smog results from about 2 yrs ago on a 1997 Jeep Cherokee, 4 cyl.

smog results this is from a State Station with pre-test rather than official test. Done in CA.
These are the smog results with the vaporizer/efie off and then on. You can see how all the numbers(MEAS,BOLD) were reduced with the vaporizer/efie on except the NO which greatly increased, which would have caused me to fail if it was the official test.

AMS EmissionTest Results- Vaporizer off

CO2 %O2 HC (PPM) CO(%) NO (PPM)
Test RPM MEAS MEAS MAX AVE MEAS MAX AVE MEAS MAX AVE MEAS
15mph 1665 15.1 .2 54 8 39 .69 .02 .24 527 82 512 PASS
25mph 1598 15.0 .1 38 6 13 .83 .02 .03 780 74 244 PASS

AMS Emission Test Results- Vaporizer On

15mph 1620 14.6 .3 54 8 12 .69 .02 ,01 527 82 1408 FAIL
25mph 1600 14.6 .3 38 6 8 .83 .02 .01 780 74 1327 FAIL

CO2 %O2 HC (PPM) CO(%) NO (PPM)
Test RPM MEAS MEAS MAX AVE MEAS MAX AVE MEAS MAX AVE MEAS
15mph 1665 15.1 .254 8 39 .69 .02 .24 527 82 512 PASS
25mph 1598 15.0 .138 6 13 .83 .02 .03 780 74 244 PASS
15mph 1620 14.6 .354 8 12 .69 .02 .01 527 82 1408 FAIL
25mph 1600 14.6 .338 6 8 .83 .02 .01 780 74 1327 FAIL
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 03:34 PM by rpatzer.)
02-07-2012 02:55 PM
Thor Offline

(02-07-2012 07:14 AM)romeo Wrote:  
(01-19-2012 10:31 AM)Thor Wrote:  

Chris

thor, were your emissions tests done a state run test center or private test center? The reason I ask is, because of the state by state test centers - some states allow for independent testing while others don't. My fuel economy Big Grin is what I noticed as my best results.

hi romeo, in response to your question, mine was done in a private (state approved) emissions center. In which I owe you and rpatzer an apology after reading your's and rpatzer's comments. Chad, my emissions guy and (kidde corner neighbor) explained my readings to me a second time around yesterday.

After further review with him, I did not reduce emissions but, I did not gain any increase in emissions either. When he told me he was surprised that there were no increases to my NOx levels, he explained it in terms of 18% lower than he'd expected from my results. That's where I reported (in error) previously that I decreased my emission by 18%.
So please accept my apologies for assuming what he didn't say. Chad said he bought one as well for his vehicle and as best as he could explain it, the 02 sensors worked well enough with the onboard computer chip to reduce fuel amount reading at the injection system to offset and get neutral readings. As Chad's had an (ever so slight) increase.

Once again, "thanks to rpatzer" for posting as I got a clue on exactly what you asked for.
(By the way, Chad reports he got a 23% increase in his F250 V8 pickup.) --- Smile so kudos to Chad
02-08-2012 07:40 AM
olaff Offline

Hello , I am new on this: Will anybody tell me what is the EFIE? and the ECU, MAP? etc. That is is easy to understand Please, and what and why do you use to upset the readings of those in a FI engine?
Thanks to all
Olaff
olaff29@gmail.com
03-19-2012 06:53 AM
diesel4engine Offline

sorry for bothering,

actually I still cant see how petrol can separate their atom by H and C just by the heat,
is this true the petrol is electrolysis their atom? or the petrol just change their form, from liquid to vapour/gas.......
because IMO if I use it on diesel engine, when it still petrol which just tranform to gas/vapour, it will make damage to engine, because of knocking phenomenon,

thank you for you attention.........
03-19-2012 09:10 AM