Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Acetone & Xylol additives to fuel
Delray Dude Offline

RE: Acetone & Xylol additives to fuel
visek Wrote:http://kikerperformance.com/articles.htm

He uses 10.7 oz xylol per 10 G and 2 oz acetone also. He says it works.

Some people see good results using ~ 1 oz acetone per 10 G....espec with no ethanol in the gas.

Each vehicle can react differently and it depends on whether your gas has ethanol in it. So you TEST.

Interesting.

We have the 10% ethanol crap down here and i hate it. I did notice a 5% gain with using 3 OZ of acetone and Xylol per ten on my car, maybe I should up the Xylol and see what happens. I'm running a tank without this time so I'll try it next time.

1993 Mustang LX
2.3 Liter engine
5 speed manual
8.8 GT axle with 2.71 gears
Smack Design Booster
EFIE currently set at .25
Without HHO was getting 24-25 MPG
Best result with HHO : 29.5 MPG
10-21-2008 04:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
realtyroy Offline

So, what do you guys think. Is the Acetone just adding back to the gas what the ethanol is taking away?
I figure I've lost about 2 to 3 mpg using gas with the ethanol in it.

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
10-21-2008 06:58 AM
Delray Dude Offline

realtyroy Wrote:So, what do you guys think. Is the Acetone just adding back to the gas what the ethanol is taking away?
I figure I've lost about 2 to 3 mpg using gas with the ethanol in it.

It definitely helps to offset the ill effects of the ethanol crap, but on the flip side think of the extra 3-5 MPG we would see if the fuel was pure and void of the ethanol. Obviously this sucks, but when you do the math, it's about 3 to 4 cents per gallon cost to restore the loss we get from ethanol adder - but woth it especially when you do the math.

1993 Mustang LX
2.3 Liter engine
5 speed manual
Smack Design Booster
10-21-2008 10:10 AM
visek Offline

http://www.brightgreen.us/free_tips/fuel...e_info.pdf

Xylol

"What Does It Do: Protects the Acetone from Ethanol, which allows the Acetone to do it’s job of vaporizing fuel, creating a more complete, cleaner burning combustion."
10-23-2008 04:17 AM
dogman Offline

visek Wrote:http://www.brightgreen.us/free_tips/fuel...e_info.pdf

Xylol

"What Does It Do: Protects the Acetone from Ethanol, which allows the Acetone to do it’s job of vaporizing fuel, creating a more complete, cleaner burning combustion."

So, if i am using an 87 octane w/out ethanol, is the xylol necessary?

Doug
2003 Buick Lesabre Limited
3.8L V6
Minot, ND
10-23-2008 04:55 AM
Delray Dude Offline

dogman Wrote:So, if i am using an 87 octane w/out ethanol, is the xylol necessary?

The way I see it, probably not. and thank your lucky stars you don't have that ethanol crap!!!!

1993 Mustang LX
2.3 Liter engine
5 speed manual
Smack Design Booster
10-23-2008 05:35 AM
dogman Offline

Delray Dude Wrote:
dogman Wrote:So, if i am using an 87 octane w/out ethanol, is the xylol necessary?

The way I see it, probably not. and thank your lucky stars you don't have that ethanol crap!!!!

We have afew stations where I can get 87 w/out ethanol. Pretty much every where mid grade and premium have ethanol. I am going to pick up some acetone today and give it a try.

Doug
2003 Buick Lesabre Limited
3.8L V6
Minot, ND
10-23-2008 07:27 AM
realtyroy Offline

Are any of you pre-mixing the acetone and xylol like in a jar to have it ready to pour in after you fill up? I read the above link about premixing it with gas in a gas can but if I can just have a mason jar ready to go it would be a little easier.

Found another interesting link for the use of Acetone you might want to read.
http://pmgen.com/hhoresearch/viewforum.p...fe72e655e8

A friend of mine told me about a guest that was on one of those radio talk shows and he says that the acetone with the xylol and a little bit of oil like it says in the above link will double your miledge. I dont know about that but he was a big name of sorts spouting off about how well it works. Must be something to it.
Roy

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster

2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro

10-23-2008 09:21 AM
Delray Dude Offline

realtyroy Wrote:Are any of you pre-mixing the acetone and xylol like in a jar to have it ready to pour in after you fill up? I read the above link about premixing it with gas in a gas can but if I can just have a mason jar ready to go it would be a little easier.

Yeah I premix it. The way it worked out for me is great - I had a bottle of Sta-Bil that was almost used up and so I finished it off in the fuel of my 69 Charger tank (heck at 4 MPG it's been sitting mostly). The cool thing about the Sta-bil container is that it has the ounces marked on the side and it holds 8.5 ounces in the main container and .5 in the upper mix thing. So, I keep my acetone and Xylol in their original containers and add 4.5 of each to the empty Sta-bil container and put that in my trunk of my car. The mustang holds 15 gallons, so the 3 & 3 oz. per 10 gallons works out to 4.5 of each. So I have the "pre-mix" in my trunk - and when I go to fill up the car, I simply dump the mixture in the tank just BEFORE I fill up, and then fill up - I think it mixes the fuel better doing this. Then I put the empty Sta-bil container back in the trunk and fill it when I get home.

1993 Mustang LX
2.3 Liter engine
5 speed manual
Smack Design Booster
10-23-2008 10:35 AM
realtyroy Offline

Delray Dude Wrote:
realtyroy Wrote:Are any of you pre-mixing the acetone and xylol like in a jar to have it ready to pour in after you fill up? I read the above link about premixing it with gas in a gas can but if I can just have a mason jar ready to go it would be a little easier.

Yeah I premix it. The way it worked out for me is great - I had a bottle of Sta-Bil that was almost used up and so I finished it off in the fuel of my 69 Charger tank (heck at 4 MPG it's been sitting mostly). The cool thing about the Sta-bil container is that it has the ounces marked on the side and it holds 8.5 ounces in the main container and .5 in the upper mix thing. So, I keep my acetone and Xylol in their original containers and add 4.5 of each to the empty Sta-bil container and put that in my trunk of my car. The mustang holds 15 gallons, so the 3 & 3 oz. per 10 gallons works out to 4.5 of each. So I have the "pre-mix" in my trunk - and when I go to fill up the car, I simply dump the mixture in the tank just BEFORE I fill up, and then fill up - I think it mixes the fuel better doing this. Then I put the empty Sta-bil container back in the trunk and fill it when I get home.

That is exactly what I wanted to do! Thanks for the reply. I have a friend with a 68' charger with a 440 that I built up pretty hot with a 4spd and thinking about after market efi. 4MPG, shot we were getting about 5mpg with his, there must be something wrong with yours Smile
I have a 64' Impala SS with a 409 and we like to go out and play with them and burn up gas and rubber. Early american muscle, Nothing like it!!!
Thanks again.
Roy

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster

2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro

10-23-2008 11:26 AM