Acetone & Xylol additives to fuel
drive-h2o Offline

RE: Acetone & Xylol additives to fuel
Some reasrch for diesel engine
09-05-2013 02:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1964 gto Offline

Smile RE: Acetone & Xylol additives to fuel
xylene xylol are a high aki rom fuel,meaning that it is a higher octane. To really get good use by using these as an additive you would need to have a higher compression motor. Added to e85 @30% xylene I can get around real 114 octane.With a compression ratio of 13.5 to 1 in my 455 pontiac it runs great .The higher the octane the slower and more evenly the fuel burns in the cylinder. Look up Xylene octane and due some reading on what octane is .It does not make horse power it helps fuel burn slower more evenly and help with engine knock. Hope to see you on the street
09-14-2013 11:14 AM
Wolfie62 Offline

I have been using acetone in my gasoline since 1977, off and on. I also have been using Stoddard solvent in my gasoline since 1977, off and on. First car was a 1969 Dodge Coronet, 426 Hemi. Later vehicles were 4 cylinder engines, carbureted, then throttle body injected, now port injected. Also V8 and V6 engines.

Stoddard solvent, or sometimes commonly called "lacquer thinner" is a mixture of hexane, xylene, acetone, and other solvents.

I have used up to 10% mixtures, and everything in between none and 10%. In one instance, when I ran out of gas, I poured a full gallon of lacquer thinner in my tank to get me to a gas station. (Good thing it was in my trunk.)

I have also used ATF and Marvel Mystery Oil in my gasoline mixtures.

So, what are my results, and why have I been doing it all these years? (32 years)

I will explain further in my next post. I am at work right now---as an engineer, I was researching some combustion formulas and came across the thread for acetone and xylene in my search.
08-13-2015 11:30 AM
Trucker Offline

Hi everyone! anyone experienced this mix with diesel as of today ?
06-06-2016 04:28 AM
oldcarguy Offline

10 years experience with this cocktail..3.0/oz acetone+1.0 oz xylene+ .5 oz 2-cycle-oil @ $.11/ 15 gal. 87 octane unleaded gasoline = 10-13% added economy, better performance, cleaner running from a more complete burn..
07-03-2016 09:50 AM