Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adding a Volt meter in line
harleykwa Offline

Adding a Volt meter in line
I recently purchased the dual EFIE deluxe and anxiously waiting for delivery. I plan on taking the wire from each O2 sensor and running them into the EFIE and from the EFIE into separate panel mount digital volt meters and go from the volt meters to the onboard computer of my truck. This would give me live readings of the actual voltage at all times, weather the EFIE is on or off. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
07-01-2008 06:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Adding a Volt meter in line
Are you planning to read from the signal wire to ground? You want to watch the signal fluctuations of the signal wire?

My thought is that it won't really tell you anything. The voltage changes too fast, and the best you'll be able to do is sort of average is out.

On the other hand, if you're measuring the EFIEs offset voltage, all you'll see is the same voltage all the time, which you don't need to see on your dash. You only need to see this info when you set the EFIE.

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but I don't think these meters will be very useful once the novelty wears off. On the other hand, an ammeter for your HHO gen would be good data to have. That will alert you to low or high electrolyte levels, and situations that if unchecked could cause damage to your gen (if amps go too high), or hinder your mileage savings (if amps go too low).

But that's just my 2 cents worth.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-03-2008 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

If you add a LED, wired across the cell terminals and run that inside the vehicle, you can tell if the cell is on (and the fuse isn't blown). You'd need a 12 volt LED for that tho.

Also you could add an ammeter (connected in series with your cell) and run that inside the vehicle.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-03-2008 04:00 PM
steelerfan89 Offline

You can also attach a temp gauge to the side of your gen (Im assuming it couldnt withstand the environment inside the gen) and send it's info into the cab.

I intend to do just that, and the amp gauge also
07-04-2008 05:34 AM
mike Offline

colchiro Wrote:If you add a LED, wired across the cell terminals and run that inside the vehicle, you can tell if the cell is on (and the fuse isn't blown). You'd need a 12 volt LED for that tho.

Tip:
A 12 volt LED is just a plain LED wired with a 500 ohm resistor (470 to 540 is fine) wired to one of it's legs.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-04-2008 07:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply