Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Air Filter
goinstrong Offline

Air Filter
HI. I have installed an electrolyser, a fuel heater, a DEMSE, an EFIE, a K @ N air filter, a FRANZ Oil filter, a bowl containing glass beads in the PVC line all on a 2007 Chevrolet 5 cylinder Colorado...My question is this...Can I eleminate the air filter box to make more room for another electrolyser??? Will this screw up the comnputer??? Ever since I installed the EFIE I get an error code pertaining to the air flow...Any suggestions would be greatly ajppreciated...goinstrong:Smile
02-08-2009 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrbillr Offline

RE: Air Filter
(02-08-2009 02:56 PM)goinstrong Wrote:  HI. I have installed an electrolyser, a fuel heater, a DEMSE, an EFIE, a K @ N air filter, a FRANZ Oil filter, a bowl containing glass beads in the PVC line all on a 2007 Chevrolet 5 cylinder Colorado...My question is this...Can I eleminate the air filter box to make more room for another electrolyser??? Will this screw up the comnputer??? Ever since I installed the EFIE I get an error code pertaining to the air flow...Any suggestions would be greatly ajppreciated...goinstrong:Smile

My guess is, when you installed the K&N you probably either did not hook the MAF/MAP sensor back up, or it is not hooked up correctly. But back to your original question, if you hook up the K&N correctly, then the factory box would not be needed and you could remove it. But first, you need to correct the error code before you proceed further.

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
02-08-2009 03:00 PM
goinstrong Offline

RE: Air Filter
(02-08-2009 03:00 PM)mrbillr Wrote:  
(02-08-2009 02:56 PM)goinstrong Wrote:  HI. I have installed an electrolyser, a fuel heater, a DEMSE, an EFIE, a K @ N air filter, a FRANZ Oil filter, a bowl containing glass beads in the PVC line all on a 2007 Chevrolet 5 cylinder Colorado...My question is this...Can I eleminate the air filter box to make more room for another electrolyser??? Will this screw up the comnputer??? Ever since I installed the EFIE I get an error code pertaining to the air flow...Any suggestions would be greatly ajppreciated...goinstrong:Smile

My guess is, when you installed the K&N you probably either did not hook the MAF/MAP sensor back up, or it is not hooked up correctly. But back to your original question, if you hook up the K&N correctly, then the factory box would not be needed and you could remove it. But first, you need to correct the error code before you proceed further.

OK thanks...I will be removing the box as time permits...I am not getting the error code anymore...seems that the connector was not seated tight enough...Thanks again...goinstrong
02-09-2009 02:02 PM