Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aluminum Engines and Potassium Hydroxide?
Robert Ameigh Offline

Aluminum Engines and Potassium Hydroxide?
Was wondering if using Potassium Hydroxide solution and then injecting the gas into the cylinder would cause damage to Aluminum Heads? I had a freind tell me that Oregon University teted a HHO system and couldn,t get it to work. Had to laugh because We all know how to make it work.Good job on all the support here in the Forums.
07-16-2008 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ocpd426 Offline

RE: Aluminum Engines and Potassium Hydroxide?
Robert Ameigh Wrote:Was wondering if using Potassium Hydroxide solution and then injecting the gas into the cylinder would cause damage to Aluminum Heads? I had a freind tell me that Oregon University teted a HHO system and couldn,t get it to work. Had to laugh because We all know how to make it work.Good job on all the support here in the Forums.
From the looks of all the post it only works for about 2% of us that try it.
07-16-2008 05:12 PM
cantburn Offline
All Fired Up

You're not injecting KOH into your engine, just HHO gas from a reaction. The KOH stays in the bubbler/mising chamber.

"Life is but a tire swing"
07-16-2008 05:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

If your bubbler is too full it can puke a bit of electrolyte into the motor, and running it's not such a problem IMO, but if it did it as you stopped it and some liquid sat on the piston: bad news. I use a dryer after the bubbler on my smack unit (it boils a lot) and just some steel wool in the top of the bubbler on my series unit thus far.
I had put distilled water in my bubbler...I found that it is now electrolyte as it ran over into the intake...dripped down on the tranny case and was making HHO on top of that. So don't think that your bubbler water is just water; it changes. Got the tranny nice and clean though.
07-16-2008 06:31 PM
Robert Ameigh Offline

Gary Wrote:If your bubbler is too full it can puke a bit of electrolyte into the motor, and running it's not such a problem IMO, but if it did it as you stopped it and some liquid sat on the piston: bad news. I use a dryer after the bubbler on my smack unit (it boils a lot) and just some steel wool in the top of the bubbler on my series unit thus far.
I had put distilled water in my bubbler...I found that it is now electrolyte as it ran over into the intake...dripped down on the tranny case and was making HHO on top of that. So don't think that your bubbler water is just water; it changes. Got the tranny nice and clean though.

I think part of the problem with heat and boil overs is controlling the amps either with a PWM or with the amount of KOH used.I see all the time that plate spacing and the pos and neg plate arrangement also affects the amount of amps used to produce HHO. Check out U-tube John Arrons 16 call plate videos and he explains what he found adjusting the way plates are arranged. Bob
07-16-2008 08:24 PM
Gary Offline

Even easier to control with a sealed series unit. Dang thing won't even warm up! But puts out more gas at less amps.
07-17-2008 05:43 AM