Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Amazing Results, Part II
mrbillr Offline

Amazing Results, Part II
I counted the plates wrong, there are 25 plates total.
MrBill
===============================================================
An update on my dry cell:
After all the redesign, bench testing and ordering parts, I have finally installed the dry cell in my F150 truck, 4.6.
I added 1 more neutral plate between cells and doubled my plate gap. The cell is configured with 25 plates, 8x8, 4 series cells with 5 neutral plates each, and .080 gap between plates. I am getting about 2.4 volts between plates.
-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-
I had to stop at 25 plates instead of 36 because I just simply ran out of room in my grill.

Electrolyte is 2 teaspoons NaOH per gallon of distilled water and cold I am pulling 7 amps and warm gets up to 12 amps. However, it takes about 14 hours of constant running to get slightly warm.
At 12 amps I am getting 1.3 lpm. MMW efficiency is right around 8.25, but I have a huge amount to stainless steel square inches. Subtracting about 1 inch around the parameter for the gasket gives me about 6x6 usable surface which makes it 1,800 sq inches.
Being actually mounted in my vehicle, the results should be slightly different than the bench test, but I should be close. I am thinking once I figure out what it is doing, I’ll bump up the NaOH until I am getting about 18amps, but no more than 30amps warm. It is just some value I got in the back of my head, nothing scientific.

I have topped the tank (now that gas has gotten down to 2.09 per gallon) and ready to start the road test.

I have a dual EFIE set at .300mv and I know it has leaned out because I have lost a very small amout of power and my milage has gone up to 18.3mpg, no HHO only EFIE. It has never, in the last 5 years, been over 16mpg. Now to watch to see if I get my power back and if the mpg goes even higher.

I’ll start posting results in the “result” section.

Here is my install.

MrBill

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2008 09:36 PM by mrbillr.)
11-03-2008 06:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
howiemandel Offline

RE: Amazing Results, Part II
Sounds and Looks awesume ! Keep us posted. Nice build btw.
11-03-2008 07:03 AM
JET USA Offline

BTW Good looking build there! Results should be great.

http://Jet-USA.com
"Those who say" " It cannot be done"
"should get out of the way of those who are doing it"[/size][/align]
11-04-2008 04:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Warren928 Offline

Sounds like good progress! Let us know of the final results. Some computers will trip the check engine light if their base MV on the o2 sensors exceeds 175mv. So don't panic if you see the light come on, but don't bother turning the EFIE down either if the light is not on.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2008 01:31 PM by Warren928.)
11-04-2008 01:30 PM
mrbillr Offline

I counted the plates wrong, there are actually 25 plates total. So I went back and changed the numbers in the first post that started this thread. There is actually 1,800 sq inches of usable stainless steel producing HHO.
I am trying to keep the information as accurate as possible without trying to mislead anyone how I built my cell.

MrBill

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
11-04-2008 09:40 PM