Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An old man wants help on EFIE
wphuang2005 Offline

Sad An old man wants help on EFIE
I have made an series cell with seven ss 316 plates which are 200*100*1 mm and space is 3 mm. Gas output was 68L/h at 13.5V * 15A. Temperature rising was 30 degree C。KOH was 2% and no PWM was used.

I put the cell on a 1.6L EFI gasoline car for test of mileage improvement. I connected the EFIE according the document, and measured it as:

1. Offset was set .225mV and when no check engine lighting come.
2. When engine was on in 2500rpm and EFIE was on
-the voltage at the point which was from O2 sensor and the ground was 0.1V to 0.68V fluctuating, the fluctuating times was more than 8 in 10 second.
-and the voltage at the point which was to ECU and ground was about 0.3V to 0.9V fluctuating but the fluctuating times was less than 8 in 10 second. Is this a problem?
The analog voltage meter was used.

We put the gasoline container on the digital scale for check the fuel used.

We drive 100km without hydroxy and EFIE then 5.22kg gasoline was consumed;
drive 100km with hydroxy and EFIE then same 5.22kg gasoline was consumed;
we changed the EFIE offset from 150mV to 248mV and run the car on road many times but the gasoline used were same.

4S maintenance shop checked with their computer no problem.

Do you have any coments to help me? Thanks.

100km100km
07-16-2008 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cantburn Offline
All Fired Up

RE: An old man wants help on EFIE
From my experience with the efie, I initially set it at 200 mv. I then started doing mileage tests and bumped the unit up75 mv at a time until I saw improvement or problems. The magic sweet spot for my particular engine which is a 5.7L chevy is 326 mv. Anything over that and I will throw a light. Once the EFIE is active and in an on condition, the readings from the meter should remain constant at a particular reading more or less. The efie sends a constant reading of whatever mv to the computer so it leans the engine out. There shouldn't be a lot of fluctuation when using the EFIE.

"Life is but a tire swing"
07-16-2008 04:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Try cutting your amperage down to 5-10 amps and see how it does. With a series cell you shouldn't need 15 amps.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-16-2008 04:56 PM
wphuang2005 Offline

colchiro Wrote:Try cutting your amperage down to 5-10 amps and see how it does. With a series cell you shouldn't need 15 amps.

Thanks very much. You mean the hho I used for this small engine is too much?
07-17-2008 02:17 PM
colchiro Offline

wphuang2005 Wrote:Thanks very much. You mean the hho I used for this small engine is too much?

IF you have a true series cell, it will be 6x more efficient than a conventional cell.

Is your unit a series cell?Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-17-2008 02:29 PM
wphuang2005 Offline

cantburn Wrote:From my experience with the efie, I initially set it at 200 mv. I then started doing mileage tests and bumped the unit up75 mv at a time until I saw improvement or problems. The magic sweet spot for my particular engine which is a 5.7L chevy is 326 mv. Anything over that and I will throw a light. Once the EFIE is active and in an on condition, the readings from the meter should remain constant at a particular reading more or less. The efie sends a constant reading of whatever mv to the computer so it leans the engine out. There shouldn't be a lot of fluctuation when using the EFIE.

Thanks cantburn, when efie is on I measure the efie output on connector 3 and 2 is a constant at 228mV but when the efie voltage plus O2 sensor's voltage then sending to ECU is fluctuating which is mesured at connector 3 to ground. Is this Ok? Thanks, Wupu

Are you mean that you only send the efie's constant voltage to computer instead of efie plus O2 sensor voltage and disconnected the O2 sensor away? Thanks Wupu
07-17-2008 02:35 PM
wphuang2005 Offline

I check again that:
-efie is off the connector 3 or 2 of efie is shorted. The voltage on 2 or 3 to ground is 0.1 to 0.7V in fluctuating.

-efie is on the voltage on 3 to 2 of efie is bacically 230mV around with a small waving and the voltage on 3 to ground is 0.3V-9V in fluctuating.

But the injection pulse duty time is fixed in a range of 8.5% to 7.3% with hho or whithout hho. The ECU cant see the 0.228V added?

Please help, Wupu
07-17-2008 02:50 PM
wphuang2005 Offline

colchiro Wrote:
wphuang2005 Wrote:Thanks very much. You mean the hho I used for this small engine is too much?

IF you have a true series cell, it will be 6x more efficient than a conventional cell.

Is your unit a series cell?Hmm

Yes, I have made an series cell not like Smart Booster with seven ss 316 plates which are 200*100*1 mm in area and space is 3 mm. Gas output was 68L/h at 13.5V * 15A. Temperature rising was 30 degree C。KOH was 2% and no PWM was used.
07-17-2008 02:55 PM