Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone Econokit ?
pdai11 Offline

Anyone Econokit ?
Couple of days ago, i stumble accross a fairly new fuel saver called Econokit (http://www.econokit.fr ), which is made in France and they also have distributors worldwide. Although the price doesn't come cheap, think its around $200 mark, the kit basically includes a bubbler, a metal reactor and some silicon tubing. I reckon it is easily duplicated. What i was thinking is use a 1 Quart HHO reservoir tank, on the bottom, fit a one way valve as their bubbler requires to draw air in. For the reactor, just use a stainless steel tube and wrap it around the manifold and connect each end using silicon hoses.
I had also emailed them stating if their kit requires any adjustments to the maf or o2 sensors but non are neccesary. Has anyone experience on this kit ?
Thanks
04-27-2012 05:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chrisdibor Offline
Ceedee

RE: Anyone Econokit ?
(04-27-2012 05:06 PM)pdai11 Wrote:  Couple of days ago, i stumble accross a fairly new fuel saver called Econokit (http://www.econokit.fr ), which is made in France and they also have distributors worldwide. Although the price doesn't come cheap, think its around $200 mark, the kit basically includes a bubbler, a metal reactor and some silicon tubing. I reckon it is easily duplicated. What i was thinking is use a 1 Quart HHO reservoir tank, on the bottom, fit a one way valve as their bubbler requires to draw air in. For the reactor, just use a stainless steel tube and wrap it around the manifold and connect each end using silicon hoses.
I had also emailed them stating if their kit requires any adjustments to the maf or o2 sensors but non are neccesary. Has anyone experience on this kit ?
Thanks

Hi, I actually bought two samples from them, the econokit regular and one econokit pro. I installed the regular on a toyota camry 2002 model but I cant say I saw any savings although I must admit that my testing was anything but scientific since I only relied on the onboard mpg reading. I installed the pro on a 60kva diesel genset and noticed that it does a great job reducing opacity of the exhaust gases but no savings. I know this because I went scientific with my test - installed a flow meter on the diesel fuel line and a watt-hour meter on the electricity output. My cost per kilowatt hour did not change. perhaps I should have adjusted the governor? I do not know but they didnt say i needed to do that.

my conclusion? not worth it as a fuel saver in my part of the world (Africa), but I wouldnt know about temperate regions because the temperature difference might be a factor, though i doubt it.

Need to save fuel now....
05-01-2012 11:27 AM
pdai11 Offline

Hi Chrisdibor
Thanks for your information, yeh i was quite sceptic with this product saving fuel, maybe i will try some expreiment but not gonna buy the kit, little expensive for what it is included.
05-06-2012 05:12 PM
chrisdibor Offline
Ceedee

(05-06-2012 05:12 PM)pdai11 Wrote:  Hi Chrisdibor
Thanks for your information, yeh i was quite sceptic with this product saving fuel, maybe i will try some expreiment but not gonna buy the kit, little expensive for what it is included.

You are correct. If it is for your own use, its better to check out Aat Yuli's Hydrocarbon Cracking System

Need to save fuel now....
05-07-2012 05:25 AM
flake Offline

Indeed its nice community.
Keep it up.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 12:13 AM by flake.)
06-19-2012 09:23 AM