Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone Else Having Steam Issues?
hydrodine Offline

Anyone Else Having Steam Issues?
Every single hho cell that i have built minus the one that seperates the oxygen and hydrogen produce a lot of steam after 20-30 minutes. Amps or in the 15-20 amp range hot. I have tried the different electolyte mixes and all have the same results.
05-04-2008 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rdgeorge2008 Offline

RE: Anyone Else Having Steam Issues?
hydrodine Wrote:Every single hho cell that i have built minus the one that seperates the oxygen and hydrogen produce a lot of steam after 20-30 minutes. Amps or in the 15-20 amp range hot. I have tried the different electolyte mixes and all have the same results.
you need to use a pwm if you use straight dc current will heat up everytime go to hydrogen garage.com around 28$ you build it your self easy instruction also you might beed to know the basic of hho and whats happening go to eagles-research.com buy book called browns gas book 1 a must have when i first stared building my gen had the same problems now ive built one 3 series cells with no heat or steam pwm works
05-04-2008 12:57 PM
colchiro Offline

Hydrodine, what's your plate design? Do you have any neutral plates in the middle (not connected to + or -)?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-04-2008 04:52 PM
hydrodine Offline

I built the x cell that byte312 has. Similar to what Wulfram is using. It is 2 plates and each one is bent 90 degrees to form the X with about 1/2" between the closest point in the middle.
05-04-2008 05:12 PM
colchiro Offline

If you add neutral plates between the + and - , it'll drop the voltage and heat down.

Something like this (- N N N + N N N -) would run cooler.

Positive in the middle and two negative plates and neutral plates (no connection) in the middle.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-04-2008 05:25 PM
rdgeorge2008 Offline

will still heat up you must pulse the dc current
05-05-2008 02:43 PM
jksav7 Offline

With brute force electrolysis it is very difficult to keep the generator from overheating unless a pwm is used (already mentioned). On the other hand, a true series cell design where each cell gets about 2 volts, in its own separate bath of electrolyte, is much more efficient. It will produce more gas at less amps, and it should create very little heating. The issue with a true series cell is space.

hydrodine Wrote:Every single hho cell that i have built minus the one that seperates the oxygen and hydrogen produce a lot of steam after 20-30 minutes. Amps or in the 15-20 amp range hot. I have tried the different electolyte mixes and all have the same results.
05-06-2008 12:20 AM