Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone have results ER's carb enhancer?
KenS Offline

RE: Anyone have results ER's carb enhancer?
(06-17-2014 11:22 PM)masster Wrote:  
(06-17-2014 07:14 PM)KenS Wrote:  I understand your thinking about the rise in the float level, but, the float level will adjust for that. As fuel is used, the level will fall. No problem there.
Wrong. Everybody knows that a higher fuel level inside the float chamber means HIGHER CONSUMPTION. Furthermore, the fuel level is NOT decreasing 'as fuel is used' since the fuel pump is constantly filling the chamber at a greater rate, regardless of engine load.

Y are you thinking the fuel level will rise? The fuel bowl is not sealed off with the vacuum tube connected to it. If it was sealed off, the device connection would draw liquid through it and into the intake. That is not what this setup is supposed to do. If someone has their setup with that much vacuum, the engine would flood. The device is designed to draw or purge the vapors from the fuel in the bowl. The air vent allows the air to purge the vapors. Instead of arguing about it, wouldn't it be easier for you to ignore the device and try another? In reality, these devices tweak and fine tune fuel systems. Not all vehicles will obtain the same results.
(06-17-2014 11:22 PM)masster Wrote:  
(06-17-2014 07:14 PM)KenS Wrote:  I understand your thinking about the rise in the float level, but, the float level will adjust for that. As fuel is used, the level will fall. No problem there.
Wrong. Everybody knows that a higher fuel level inside the float chamber means HIGHER CONSUMPTION. Furthermore, the fuel level is NOT decreasing 'as fuel is used' since the fuel pump is constantly filling the chamber at a greater rate, regardless of engine load.

I'm not sure about your vehicle, but mine reduce fuel flow to the carb when the fuel bowl level increases. You must have a bad needle valve if your level continues to fill.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 12:26 AM by KenS.)
06-18-2014 12:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
masster Offline

(06-18-2014 12:13 AM)KenS Wrote:  Instead of arguing about it, wouldn't it be easier for you to ignore the device and try another?
So according to your brain who is not on your side should not have the right to an opinion and shut up? Google for 'freedom of speech' then for 'hydrostatic pressure'. You should better learn this: "let's agree we disagree" and stop spreading false principles, explanations or solutions.

(06-18-2014 12:13 AM)KenS Wrote:  I'm not sure about your vehicle, but mine reduce fuel flow to the carb when the fuel bowl level increases.
Well, in that case you have a one of a kind car that defies physics and you should definitely call the London Physics Academy to tell them Blaise Pascal was a moron.

Today is today, only today. Tomorrow it will only be yesterday.
06-18-2014 03:41 AM
Boendoe Offline

Dear Masster of None

Really? You talk about science? However, do you understand why your toilet does not overflow all the time? Obviously not.... Once you figure that one out genius, you'll understand the workings of the device in question. Why? Because the principals of a toilet float-bowl and a carburettor float-bowl are similar. I would have though that a scholar of your stature would be able to figure that out all by yourself. Guess not....

I think Wiseman knew that arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. That's why he gave it up.

All the best of luck to you Masster of None.

Regards
06-10-2015 12:06 AM
sc2dave Offline

More like MORON than masster. maybe I can explain it so that your negative stubborn attitude MIGHT understand it. All the enhancer does,is draw a SLIGHT vacuum in the fuel bowl. Not direct intake manifold pressure,that's why YOU ADJUST the valve,so that a TINY amount!!! of vacuum is exerted IN the bowl. I'm guessing that by doing this, it holds back fuel flow and not make the fuel rise. TRY HARD to remember a few sentences ago that I stated a SLIGHT vacuum. If it did raise the fuel level,the float (you do know what that is,I hope) would stop the fuel coming into carb. and start flowing again once the fuel; GASOLINE! would start to be consumed. The trick here is to ADJUST and maybe buy your own plans and stop asking people here how to do it ,show you diagrams,and inform you of everything!! I have done a couple of these on Holley carbs and I did notice it ran better and saved fuel.
10-26-2016 06:48 PM