Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone know if HydroReactors is an OK company?
john m Offline

Anyone know if HydroReactors is an OK company?
I'm new to this forum so forgive my if my question has long been hashed out but I recognize a few names here that I saw on the Hydroreactors forum. Has anyone heard of someone that is using the Blox they sell and if so what was their results? I just started looking into HHO a few months ago and spent most of my time in their forum(which was my first time on a forum) and knowing so little when they started shipping I ordered thinking it was a great product. In spite of all the negative about the company on their own forum, to the point they shut it down, I ordered from them. They said If I ordered the Hr1 they would send me the kit minus the (Linx) their electronics and monitoring unit, it would come later, which would have everything I needed to get up and running. I ordered the Hr1 and an extra blox so I could play with it. For almost $500 I got 3 Blox, some T fittings, hose, and what I guess is their bubbler although the fitting placement doesn't make sense. No instructions, no brackets, no resevior, no wiring, no way to check or fill it and no answers back from the company.
Before I spend a lot of time hooking it up I'm hoping someone can tell me if they even work or if I just got burned? Any Info? john.
11-09-2008 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Anyone know if HydroReactors is an OK company?
I made this a new thread so it didn't get lost in the gas4free thread.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-10-2008 02:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gtkco Offline

They had a very rocky start. And I wouldn't give them anymore money. The blox seems to produce well as they claim but their service is terrible and you have to take their promises with a grain of salt. Check the link below. Splatman has some blox under operation.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=2236
11-11-2008 08:18 AM
colchiro Offline

I'd make sure you pay with a CC or other means of getting a refund if dissatisfied. AFAIK, the main complaint is taking orders (probably to raise capital) months before they could deliver.

FWIW, several of us ordered their HR1 and got a prompt refund (in my case, within 24 hours of asking, but I had corresponded with them on several occasions). OTOH, they like to censor their forum (a LOT) when that was still online. Can't say I blame them tho, it was full of complaints.

I would probably buy from them in at least 6 months, if they had something I needed.

Seems to me someone claimed they were shipping HR1's now.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 09:27 AM
cleverklutz Offline

Hydroreactors website says that they are shipping the hydroblox as of now. Can anyone confirm that they are? Other than Splatman and now John, I haven't heard of anyone actually receiving anything. I'm interested in just buying the gen, mainly to see if I can actually get any gains on ANYTHING! I would test it on my brothers carbed truck, if I see gains, I'd do a setup on my car.

If you know of anyone that has ordered a hydroblox recently and actually gotten it, I'd love to know.

Thanks,
Ben
11-15-2008 08:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

AFAIK HydroReactor is buried underground with too many orders. Going from the last forum thread (posted above), there are just too many people who are looking for this "miracle kit" but aren't getting it in time. If you're willing to wait months before you receive the product, give it a shot!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
11-18-2008 09:53 AM
mike Offline

I'm still out $400 to these guys. I wanted to try out their system. I've got no money back from them yet and no product. I started a PayPal dispute, but they stopped using their PayPal account, so PayPal says that I can't get a refund from them.

Just fair warning. There have been delivery issues with this company.

Visit Our Documents Page
11-20-2008 10:10 AM
cleverklutz Offline

mike Wrote:I'm still out $400 to these guys.

Just fair warning. There have been delivery issues with this company.

I think that I'll just pony up and buy the smack booster. I don't need to get screwed again like I did with W4G. At least the smack I know what I'm getting and that I will get it! I like the idea of the electronics with the hydroreactor system, but nobody has ever seen that thing in real life. Also it seems some vehicles are a PITA to tune with the 02 and MAP. I'm thinking about doing an engine build on my car and will require a piggyback ecu for the engine. May as well tune the HHO on a dyno, do it once and do it right.

Ben
11-20-2008 03:36 PM
mike Offline

Programming the ECU directly is the best solution. It's just not practical for most folks. But I agree, you won't need their electronics package if you do that.

Visit Our Documents Page
11-21-2008 10:02 AM
john m Offline

I never got any thing more from them so I built my own system around the 3 blox. This is my first and I'ts up and running but I'm still chasing leaks and when I hooked up the B+ lead to the fuse block supply wire I broke the connection long enough that I lost the ECM memory. It's relearning with the hho.
This is where I stand right now. 99 Sonoma, M/T, 2.2l, 175k, 3 HR blox each feeding out of their own 1/4" hose into a bubbler/ reservior with flash back relief of my own design. I haven't spent the the time to build a flow meter but from what I've seen these blox are the real deal. I have no idea of my electrolyte mix with all the leaks and moving it back and forth but at what I think is about 25-28 amps the bubbling is incredible. I'm feeding into the hose I installed behind the gause/wire mesh air filter that replaced the factory air box/intake I removed to provide room to mount the unit. I'm using a Fluke 88 with a Blue Point(Snap-On) inductive pick up as my gauge so I'm not sure of my amps because 1. It's 15 years old and 2. I can get the amps to vary when I move the wire around in the loop formed when the meter jaws are closed. Would a cheap series amp meter be more accurate than what I'm using? I want the most output I can get but even now at idle with the headlights on the volt meter drops, so I don't know how much more I can tax the alt before loosing to the load.
I drive almost 150 miles to work and back so I figure I should start seeing results as soon as the ECU relearns. I fill-up every other day and depending on trafic and headwinds it takes 10-12 gals. I haven't seen any improvement in mileage yet but the power gain was a pleasent suprise with no cel. So I'm looking for help. I have plastic everything except the throttle body and the pcv and crank case breather are molded into the bottom of the air chamber in front of the tb so before I start adding holes to get manifold vac or tieing off the brake booster port I need some sound reasoning that with the 1/2" hose coming from my bubbler the effort won't be in vain or devestating. Any thoughts are appreciated. john.
12-08-2008 04:48 PM