Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone tried there 'h2' setup but with hho?
jjb2888 Offline

RE: Anyone tried there 'h2' setup but with hho?
that0n3guy Wrote:
jjb2888 Wrote:No I think it would be a good comparison. I do know I had a small hho unit hooked up pulling 8 amps and lost mileage. So these h2 units run 6-8 amps. Though I believe that h2 only is the answer a comparison would be good to show that. I was just trying to convey that extra o2 causes a problem thats all. It is true in all forms of combustion.

Most of the units I've seen pull less than 6 amps, and thats when they were hot. Your's was probably pulling 6 to start out and then up'ed as it got hot (just a guess). And the LPM wouldn't even be close to the same between the two.

Assuming the comparison is the same is not the same as actually comparing them. Both amperage and LPM (maybe not at the same time, but maybe so).
In order to do a lpm comparison you would have to use the two out puts on the h2 cell on seperate testers and add the totals. Because they are vented separately.
09-18-2008 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
that0n3guy Offline

jjb2888 Wrote:In order to do a lpm comparison you would have to use the two out puts on the h2 cell on seperate testers and add the totals. Because they are vented separately.

You wouldn't 'have to'. That would be just a variable to try. There are no "have or have nots" in this type of research. There is just "Do" and document.

http://Aquauto.com - Join our community - See if your vehicle is in our database - increase your MPG
09-18-2008 07:50 AM
splatman2 Offline

Please help me understand this. Lets say we have a stock air filter and every thing is running fine and dandy. Not sensor's going off. Now we change the Air Filter and only the Air Filter with a new let's call it Massive Flow in which they promise you better filtration and more air getting into your engine for better (what ever) Lets say it in science gives you 10 lpm more air. Now the ecu was not reset. You drive normal yet you never see any sensor lights turn on. Wouldn't there be more oxygen in the exaust? Why didn't the o2 sensor pick it up and CEL kick? Ok maybe the ecu gave it more gas to comp for the extra air. Now let's say instead we reset the ecu which SMACK is suggesting on his Ranger Smack and the ecu learns the new air input or in our case hho. And cel. And you get either gains or no gains in mpg. But at least it's a good start.
Just talking out loud!
09-26-2008 04:13 PM
finallyME Offline

splatman2 Wrote:Ok maybe the ecu gave it more gas to comp for the extra air.

I think that is what you get initially. Anyways, some computers don't reset. When you give conditions that aren't programmed in, they just throw gas at it and maybe not throw a cell.

My vehicles:
2002 Saturn SL2 4 banger
2006 Chrysler Town and Country

You can kill two birds with one stone, but you can't kill one stone with two birds. Big Grin
09-26-2008 07:52 PM
that0n3guy Offline

Ok, back to my original question. Can someone that already has an h2 generator and an HHO system, try to boost there vehicle with the hho system at very low amperage and low LPM... like 1-3 LPH (HOUR)?

That way we can somewhat compare h2 only and small amounts of hho?

http://Aquauto.com - Join our community - See if your vehicle is in our database - increase your MPG
09-30-2008 06:17 PM
finallyME Offline

thatOn3guy....I think you have a valid argument. But, most of us are at the very infancy of this H2 thing. It will take some time to get to it. Please be patient.

My vehicles:
2002 Saturn SL2 4 banger
2006 Chrysler Town and Country

You can kill two birds with one stone, but you can't kill one stone with two birds. Big Grin
10-01-2008 06:27 AM
davidnreba Offline

(09-30-2008 06:17 PM)that0n3guy Wrote:  Ok, back to my original question. Can someone that already has an h2 generator and an HHO system, try to boost there vehicle with the hho system at very low amperage and low LPM... like 1-3 LPH (HOUR)?

That way we can somewhat compare h2 only and small amounts of hho?

When I figure out how to balance the pressures coming out of both sides so I can get the H2 right, I will try comparing. Right now, I have both resevoir outlets t'd into one bubbler. By the way, I had been bubbling propane through gasoline in the bubbler. The gasoline evaorates slowly, enrichening the gas entering the air stream. With out the gasoline in the bubbler and just propane, I averaged 36mpg-up from 33 mpg baseline. With the gasoline in the bubbler, I averaged 39 mpg. This tells me that the computer saw less oxygen, reducing injector timing. I want to use H2 in this setup and would use HHO if I add a second bubbler with H2O.
07-21-2012 11:58 AM