Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aquatune
snc22782 Offline

Aquatune
Does anyone here have any experience with this device? It can be seen at Aquatune.com

it claims to be a water injection and hydrogen producing device all in one easy to install unit. They gaurantee a 25% increase in milage.

They also claim to have one that can make alot of power simillar to nitrous system.
05-20-2008 09:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryanrpm Offline

RE: Aquatune
I've been thinking about getting one for my Tundra.....

I emailed them to ask if they thought it important to have something like an EFIE unit also installed with the Aquatune...and they claimed that their system didn't need it. Here is their reply:

Ryan,
As we state, we do not need any kind of manipulators. Our system is simply
different. Our system also uses the oxygen to further enhance the burn
rate.
Thank you for your inquiry and for your Tundra we recommend the AquaTunePlus
kit.
Customer Service
AquaTune

I'm not sure......I would till think you need a way to convince the computer to not read too lean and end up dumping more fuel than you need.

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
08-08-2009 06:16 AM
biggy boy Offline

I found this info on Aquatune this guy tried it and found no inprovement.

http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Hydr...uatune.htm

Glen

2001 GMC Sierra 4.8
08-09-2009 06:31 AM
Ryanrpm Offline

Yeah, and that particular guy is advertising his own HHO unit at the bottom of the page. One would think that if you spend $700+ on a fuel saving device, you would exhaust out the 30 days they give you, with their CS and determining to make the unit work before sending it back.

Oh well.....you'll hear positives and negatives on virtually every fuel efficiency device out there....

I still plan on trying it out though...but I may add an EFIE also...

08-09-2009 04:56 PM
biggy boy Offline

(08-09-2009 04:56 PM)Ryanrpm Wrote:  Yeah, and that particular guy is advertising his own HHO unit at the bottom of the page.

I went back to the site but did not see the ad for a HHO car system there is one HHO house system, but he trashes it and the pulse plug he trashes it too.

His store only appears to sell two items a wall outlet plug thing and a frig thermometer.

The ads on the side people are paying to have those there.
They may not be his.

He does promote the Scanguage thou!!!

2001 GMC Sierra 4.8
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2009 05:28 PM by biggy boy.)
08-09-2009 05:26 PM
Ryanrpm Offline

Well, I've since called 2 Aquatune dealer/installers and also was on a 3-way call with a distributor and the owner-inventor Nick. I had my list of questions all laid out.

Some of them were:

Q: How does the Aquatune not need a sensor manipulator like an EFIE unit?
A: What makes the Aquatune different from any other hydrogen system, is that is introduces hydrogen and 'cracked' water into the mixing chamber where it actually creates a rich reading to your o2 sensor....which in turn tells your ECU to lean down the air/fuel ratio. The water is what gives it this ability. Other hydrogen systems only introduce H2 and O2 into the intake.

Q: On your website, I noticed many units that did not have that cone shaped filter....why?
A: There are different styles of units posted in the automobile pictures. The Aquatune system keeps advancing and improving over the years.

Q: Is it absolutely necessary to replace my O2 sensors before installing the Aquatune?
A: As the website says, you need to make sure your 02 sensors are in proper working order for the Aquatune system to perform to its full potential. Our recommendation is that you replace them at 60,000 miles or at the manufacturers recommended mileage.

Q: Popular Mechanics gave a negative review of the Aquatune...can you comment?
A: There are a few important facts that Popular Mechanics didn't reveal in their test. For one, they asked for a unit for a particular vehicle, and then installed it on a different vehicle. The units come pre-adjusted for the particular vehicle motor they will be used on. Secondly, they did not install the unit as per the instructions. And as Nick said in the news video on the website, "Everything that we said is a no-no, they did. It was destined to fail."

Q: Fran Giroux, owner and promoter of Hydrogen-Boost, also gave a review that showed no positive results...can you comment?
A: That review was done about 15 years ago...back when he was still getting his system up and going. In fact, he wanted to partner up with us in order to promote each others products. We said no. He purchased our unit anyways, and there were several things wrong with his install also. For example, the intake port was so small you couldn't fit a pin in it. Anyways, he took advantage of the opportunity to downplay the Aquatune system, and in contrast, to promote Hydrogen-Boost.

Q: Give me the bottom line, does the Aquatune really work?
A: We have sold literally thousands upon thousands of units over the years, and we can say with certainty that the system works. That is why we can guarantee certain gains in fuel economy and horsepower. The minimum is 25% increase in fuel economy....but the normal gains we see are 40-60%. We have had this in use for over 35 years and have done countless tests to verify its consistency and sustainability.

So, that was a small part of the conversations I had with them. I am still thinking about getting the unit for my truck, but won't be able to until around Feb 2010. I encourage you guys to pick up the phone and give some of their distributors a call and talk about the system with them. Not a single one tried to sell it to me over the phone, but graciously answered all my technical and non technical questions. One guy even took time out of his Sunday to talk to me when I called his home.

Here is the system I plan on putting in my Tundra 4.7L: AquaThrustPlus with dual reactors, and Platinum plate kit. It will cost me around a $1000 or so.... It's ok....I'll sell some company stock to get it. Sell one investment in order to capitalize on another.

I'll be sure to keep this forum in mind when I finally get it so I can post results.

08-19-2009 08:24 PM
rpatzer Offline

"Q: How does the Aquatune not need a sensor manipulator like an EFIE unit?
A: What makes the Aquatune different from any other hydrogen system, is that is introduces hydrogen and 'cracked' water into the mixing chamber where it actually creates a rich reading to your o2 sensor....which in turn tells your ECU to lean down the air/fuel ratio. The water is what gives it this ability. Other hydrogen systems only introduce H2 and O2 into the intake."

Ryan- I also talked to technical and got a similar reply. I am still fuzzy on their talk about "cracked water". The O2 sensor reads O2. If there is too much, it reads "lean" and the computer adds more fuel to maintain the 14.7:1. The only way to create a rich reading at the sensor is to produce less O2 (too much fuel)
The computer will only alter the ratio very little before adjusting the fuel. That is why I don't see how they can claim it leans out the mix on its own. I have a vaporizer and just using the vaporizer alone will make the mix read rich very quickly. I could only achieve a 10-15% increase that way. By using the EFFIE I have been able to add in way more vapor with higher gains.
08-20-2009 07:31 AM
Gary Offline

Perhaps the water was not "cracking" as we thought, and it's just doing what your vaporizer is doing. But your gains are worth something, at least. What was your improvement with the EFIE?
08-20-2009 02:09 PM
rpatzer Offline

(08-20-2009 02:09 PM)Gary Wrote:  Perhaps the water was not "cracking" as we thought, and it's just doing what your vaporizer is doing. But your gains are worth something, at least. What was your improvement with the EFIE?

I have gotten 25%, but am still testing and playing with the EFFIE.
08-20-2009 03:58 PM
biggy boy Offline

(08-20-2009 03:58 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  I have gotten 25%, but am still testing and playing with the EFFIE.

Hi rpatzer
What mister tip did you use?
Do you have a link per chance?
Thanks
Glen

2001 GMC Sierra 4.8
08-20-2009 04:51 PM