Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aquatune
rpatzer Offline

RE: Aquatune
(08-20-2009 04:51 PM)biggy boy Wrote:  
(08-20-2009 03:58 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  I have gotten 25%, but am still testing and playing with the EFFIE.

Hi rpatzer
What mister tip did you use?
Do you have a link per chance?
Thanks
Glen

I don't do the HHO thing. I have a Vaporizer 2000 + the EFFIE. So far I am gathering stats for 2, 2.5, 3 and more on the EFFIE.
Even though I increase the vapor and decrease the liquid, I still have plenty of power. I need to use a different freeway coming home because 39 & 52 seems too high for the 70MPH 28 mile run for my Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4L. I will take a longer way home next time and see.
08-20-2009 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
biggy boy Offline

(08-20-2009 05:12 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(08-20-2009 03:58 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  I have gotten 25%, but am still testing and playing with the EFFIE.

Hi rpatzer
Thanks
Glen

I don't do the HHO thing. I have a Vaporizer 2000 + the EFFIE. So far I am gathering stats for 2, 2.5, 3 and more on the EFFIE.
Even though I increase the vapor and decrease the liquid, I still have plenty of power. I need to use a different freeway coming home because 39 & 52 seems too high for the 70MPH 28 mile run for my Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4L. I will take a longer way home next time and see.
Sorry I thought you were talking about a water vapourizer/ water injector.

2001 GMC Sierra 4.8
08-20-2009 06:00 PM
rpatzer Offline

(08-20-2009 06:00 PM)biggy boy Wrote:  
(08-20-2009 05:12 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  

Hi rpatzer
Thanks
Glen

Sorry I thought you were talking about a water vapourizer/ water injector.

A water-vaporizer won't do too much for mileage.
08-20-2009 06:55 PM
Gary Offline

I'm beginning to see that water injection is good for power and cooling. Power mostly on forced air engines although some naturally aspirated have reported a little more whizz.
Water can be used directly with an EFIE for cooling, but I'd be leary. ETG time.
08-21-2009 03:58 AM
biggy boy Offline

(08-21-2009 03:58 AM)Gary Wrote:  I'm beginning to see that water injection is good for power and cooling. Power mostly on forced air engines although some naturally aspirated have reported a little more whizz.
Water can be used directly with an EFIE for cooling, but I'd be leary. ETG time.
Ya scary.
A ETG would be a good Idea but are over a $100 bucks.Sad
From what I have read, due to the cooling effect it allows you to run leaner. So leaning out the engine is where the fuel savings is, not the water injection itself. But the water injection is what keeps it cool enough to allow you to run leaner.

2001 GMC Sierra 4.8
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2009 04:05 AM by biggy boy.)
08-21-2009 04:04 AM
Gary Offline

Exactly.
Free shipping:
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/exhaust-t...nAodRjrMgQ
Cheap:
http://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/mm5..._Code=CCTI
08-21-2009 04:32 AM
Ryanrpm Offline

Guys, forgive my ignorance, since I'm still learning......

But wouldn't a hotter engine mean you can lean it down because a hotter engine vaporizes more fuel?

From your posts above, how can a cooler engine run leaner?

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
08-21-2009 05:29 AM
AlexR Offline

Be careful when adding water injection. If you only add water and don't cut back any fuel flow the combustion will be hotter. I forget the technical explanation of exactly why.

This is done in fact to clean out the combustion chamber. Fill a Windex container with water and spray it into the intake with the engine running, air cleaner removed obviously.

To keep the combustion temps from getting to high the fuel needs to be reduced. A portion of fuel during combustion is actually cooling the process. So it makes complete sense to replace some of that quenching effect of fuel with water.

Careful with any method you use to actually inject the water. If something breaks and water pours into your engine it could destroy the engine.

Water injection is the definite way to cool combustion temps and reduce emissions along with saving fuel. The rewards are well worth it.
(08-21-2009 04:32 AM)Gary Wrote:  Exactly.
Free shipping:
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/exhaust-t...nAodRjrMgQ
Cheap:
http://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/mm5..._Code=CCTI

Gary,

Good links.
I looked at the links and the first one has a good price with the EGT probe included. I've seen a lot of EGT gauges for sale, but the probes are many times sold separately.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2009 05:18 PM by AlexR.)
08-21-2009 05:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

This is from Wikipedia:

Effects
In a piston engine, the initial injection of water cools the fuel-air mixture significantly, which increases its density and hence the amount of mixture that enters the cylinder. An additional effect comes later during combustion when the water absorbs large amounts of heat as it vaporizes, reducing peak temperature and resultant NOx formation, and reducing the amount of heat energy absorbed into the cylinder walls. The alcohol in the mixture burns, but is also much more resistant to detonation than gasoline. The net result is a higher octane charge that will support very high compression ratios or significant forced induction pressures before onset of detonation.

When used in a turbine engine, the effects are similar, except that preventing detonation is not the primary goal. Water is normally injected either at the compressor inlet or in the diffuser just before the combustion chambers. Adding water increases the mass being accelerated out of the engine, increasing thrust, but it also serves to cool the turbines. Since temperature is normally the limiting factor in turbine engine performance at low altitudes, the cooling effect allows the engines to be run at a higher RPM with more fuel injected and more thrust created without overheating.[2] The drawback of the system is that injecting water quenches the flame in the combustion chambers somewhat, as there is no way to cool the engine parts without cooling the flame accidentally. This leads to unburned fuel out the exhaust and a characteristic trail of black smoke.

Fuel economy can be improved with water injection, although the effect on most engines with no other modification, like leaning out the mixture, appears to be rather limited or even negligible in some cases.

Some degree of control over the water injection is important. It needs to be injected only when the engine is heavily loaded and the throttle is wide open. Otherwise injecting water may simply drown the engine and cause it to quit.

Direct injection of water is possible. In a piston engine, this can be done late in the power stroke or during the exhaust stroke.
08-21-2009 08:13 PM
Ryanrpm Offline

Thanks for that information.

Now, add Hydrogen in the mix...and what do you get? That's what the Aquatune does.

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
08-22-2009 04:39 AM