Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aquatune
guitfiddle07 Offline

RE: Aquatune
(08-20-2009 07:31 AM)rpatzer Wrote:  "Q: How does the Aquatune not need a sensor manipulator like an EFIE unit?
A: What makes the Aquatune different from any other hydrogen system, is that is introduces hydrogen and 'cracked' water into the mixing chamber where it actually creates a rich reading to your o2 sensor....which in turn tells your ECU to lean down the air/fuel ratio. The water is what gives it this ability. Other hydrogen systems only introduce H2 and O2 into the intake."

Ryan- I also talked to technical and got a similar reply. I am still fuzzy on their talk about "cracked water". The O2 sensor reads O2. If there is too much, it reads "lean" and the computer adds more fuel to maintain the 14.7:1. The only way to create a rich reading at the sensor is to produce less O2 (too much fuel)
The computer will only alter the ratio very little before adjusting the fuel. That is why I don't see how they can claim it leans out the mix on its own. I have a vaporizer and just using the vaporizer alone will make the mix read rich very quickly. I could only achieve a 10-15% increase that way. By using the EFFIE I have been able to add in way more vapor with higher gains.

I believe that the way their system works for "Cracking" water (based on other literature I've read in the past) is that they use a harmonic vibrational frequency associated with the bond length of O–H in an H2O molecule to split water into H• and •OH radicals. Two H•s will recombine almost instantly forming molecular hydrogen (H2) leaving two •OH radicals to combine and form a peroxide H–O–O–H or react with other species in the flow. Again, this is what I suspect is being done but I have nothing to base it on for this particular product. It works similar to a microwave oven but probably using a higher frequency and more energy from a Piezo-electric source or something like that. It is a lot different than electrolysis where H2 and O2 at the anode and cathode.
05-23-2013 06:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tesla_heart Offline

RE: Aquatune
I had a completely horrible experience with Aquatune. It went so badly that I submitted a BBB complaint. Basically they do not honor their return policy, run a bait and switch scheme, and belittle their customers.

Here is a link to their BBB page where you can read multiple accounts of the same lousy service and non-working products: http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-revie...omplaints.

(05-20-2008 09:42 PM)snc22782 Wrote:  Does anyone here have any experience with this device? It can be seen at Aquatune.com

it claims to be a water injection and hydrogen producing device all in one easy to install unit. They gaurantee a 25% increase in milage.

They also claim to have one that can make alot of power simillar to nitrous system.
11-23-2014 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply