Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At air box, or near butterfly?
clickhere255 Offline

At air box, or near butterfly?
having HHO piped at the end of the intake at the air box, or having it put in at the beginning right beside the butterfly?

1. which is better or which for certain situations?

2. is having it right next to the butterfly considered having it under vacuum? or is that just using pvc?

thanks for the answers ahead of time Big Grin

92 honda civic hatchback 30-34mpg before install.
Got my BB smack!
just working out the kninks
03-01-2009 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: At air box, or near butterfly?
(03-01-2009 09:50 PM)clickhere255 Wrote:  having HHO piped at the end of the intake at the air box, or having it put in at the beginning right beside the butterfly?

2. is having it right next to the butterfly considered having it under vacuum? or is that just using pvc?

Ideally 4 or 5" before the butterfly so say the soothsayers, but, I don't think it matters where you inject it into the airbox just as long as the HHO does not flow over the MAF sensor.
03-01-2009 10:08 PM
jjw2564 Offline

(03-01-2009 10:08 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(03-01-2009 09:50 PM)clickhere255 Wrote:  having HHO piped at the end of the intake at the air box, or having it put in at the beginning right beside the butterfly?

Ideally 4 or 5" before the butterfly so say the soothsayers, but, I don't think it matters where you inject it into the airbox just as long as the HHO does not flow over the MAF sensor.

What does the hho have to do with the map sensor. Or why does have to be before the map sensor where it comes in.
03-02-2009 05:49 AM
thomasbala Offline

(03-02-2009 05:49 AM)jjw2564 Wrote:  
(03-01-2009 10:08 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  

Some vehicles have a MAP sensor and others a MAF sensor. modern day MAF sensors operate on a hot wire filament. As air passes over it there's a cooling effect changing the resistance and thus the signal from the MAF to the ECU. Most MAF sensors start by heating the MAF sensor element red hot to clean it. If you run HHO over that filament you're going to burn it out. MAF sensors are expensive, about $200.00, junkyard price. Find out if you've got a MAP or a MAF.

What does the hho have to do with the map sensor. Or why does have to be before the map sensor where it comes in.
03-02-2009 06:47 AM
clickhere255 Offline

yeah i have a MAP.
and i was just makin sure doin mah research.
hopefully buying a combo o2 sensor and map sensor enhancer on ebay.
not sure which one to go with tho, digital, or regular

Got my BB smack!
03-02-2009 02:54 PM
thomasbala Offline

(03-02-2009 02:54 PM)clickhere255 Wrote:  yeah i have a MAP.
and i was just makin sure doin mah research.
hopefully buying a combo o2 sensor and map sensor enhancer on ebay.
not sure which one to go with tho, digital, or regular
Quite frankly I'd forget about the MAP enhanser. Almost everyone who has tried one found out they don't work; they're cheap; that's why they sell. Read the docs on this site to find out how electronic fuel injection really works. In short, O2 sensors rule; O2 sensors have the last word when it comes to the signal that goes to the ECU to control the pulse width signal sent to the injectors. Mike, the owner of this site has the best EFIEs I've seen; I've been turning wrenches for 50 years and you can't beat Mike's product or his service. Good Luck.
03-02-2009 04:31 PM
jbalat Offline

Depends on you cars ECU.
With some cars 'like mine' the O2 does almost nothing on its own..It depends on the programming. You need to play with all the sensors to get a good result unless you are very lucky..

Read this..
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/TuningForMileage.html
03-03-2009 02:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

(03-03-2009 02:50 AM)jbalat Wrote:  Depends on you cars ECU.
With some cars 'like mine' the O2 does almost nothing on its own..It depends on the programming. You need to play with all the sensors to get a good result unless you are very lucky..

Read this..
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/TuningForMileage.html
I've read it many times. don't know what kind of car you have but I'll bet your O2 sensors work just like everyone else's. If you read up on O2 sensors you will agree that the O2 sensor has the last word on the pulse width signal sent to the injectors from the ECU. If you don't agree put an oscilloscope on any injector and then watch what happens when you add or subtract voltage to the O2 sensor. You can change the AIT, ECU, MAF, BARO, etc all you want and the O2 sensor will override your changes. The gist of the article quoted from this site is basically don't play with too many sensors at one time. If you've been in HHO for any length of time you've probably tried the MAF/MAP enhansers first, just to find out they don't work. Eventually you should have come to the conclusion that an EFIE, a bit more expensive, is the answer and you found your mpg gains, that is if you have enough HHO. The formula is really very simple: sufficient HHO + EFIE = mpg gain.
03-03-2009 06:38 AM
jbalat Offline

The other gist of the article I believe was that you needed to lower your lean limits by using the other sensors so that your O2 doesnt go into open loop.. I think the ECU programming for the lower lean limit will vary from vehicle to vehicle..

I have an evoscan pc link cable coming soon and I should be able to test this..

P.S. BTW I have a Mitsubishi Pajero 4WD 3.0V6 Petrol. If you have any other data on this car please point me in the right direction.. My fuel consumption went up when I added the HHO and the Efie did nothing at 130mV. Unfortunately my HHO unit blew up before I could boost the Efie any higher but the new improved unit is nearly finished.
03-03-2009 03:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clickhere255 Offline

i will take your opinions into consideration!
thank you

Got my BB smack!
03-08-2009 10:13 PM