Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Before I buy!
SloobyLoo Offline

Before I buy!
This is a screen grab from ODB2007, it is from my 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5 Non Turbo. I am 99% sure that the wide band digital EFIE for the A/F and possibly the analogue one for the O2 is what I need. This is a belts and braces question, does this all look right? I would hate to damage my newish car!

I am using it to lean out an LPG system that is running slightly too rich.

Thanks
SL

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2010 07:41 PM by SloobyLoo.)
08-22-2010 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Before I buy!
Just email support@fuelsaver-mpg.com and ask what you have. They can look it up for you. Be sure to include the make/model/year and engine size of your car.

I can't tell what you have from that screen shot, but we can look it up for you.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-22-2010 11:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SloobyLoo Offline

Mike,

I have done that and it appears that the wide band digital is correct but I just wanted to see if the specs on the AF sensor (bank 1 sensor 1) specifically where in the range expected and dealt with by the device namely 1128mV-3589mV & 644mV-3541mV
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2010 11:38 PM by SloobyLoo.)
08-22-2010 11:34 PM
mike Offline

It sounds OK. But they don't really mean anything. All that is telling us is the voltage range that the computer is set up to accept and report on in its software. Wide band sensors don't even use voltage. They use current. But the higher end of the range is consistent with wide band sensors. Also, narrow band sensors would need to go lower than the low end of the range of voltages, so its not consistent with narrow band sensors.

But don't worry. We've been selling wide band EFIEs for years. They work on all known wide band sensors. If your car is fitted with them, the EFIE will work.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-23-2010 08:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SloobyLoo Offline

Hmmm OK... nutin is straight forward! Oh well I will look forward to playing with these things! Have you got a clue as to the general relationship between the A/F settings and the O2 settings? How can I relate them to each other? You know, if I adjust one by x I should adjust the other by y +- z% kinda thing.

I assume that the O2 sensor is looking to see that enough fuel is going into the Cat to make it work properly. So too clean is no good and to dirty is no good?! It is the only reason I can come up with for treating the O2 as well? Can anyone enlighten me further on that point. Any guide for settings? I need to pull out about 17% of the LPG consumption to get it around its ideal in relation to ULP.
08-23-2010 07:42 PM
mike Offline

I usually set the downstreams at 200 mV, and then leave the rear EFIEs alone until you get the best mileage you can with adjustments to the front sensors. After that, you can bump up the rear EFIEs by 25 mv at a time, and see what results you get. If you get further reductions in fuel consumption (without loss of HP), then you can also try to nudge the front sensors a bit leaner.

At some point you'll find that further changes don't change the fuel mileage, and then you've got it.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-24-2010 02:09 AM
SloobyLoo Offline

Thanks for that...

LPG will burn out valves in a big hurry if it is run a little lean, it burns very hot! I have to lean it out to the point that I use around 15-17% more LPG than petrol. You can go leaner but the engine typically will not stand it. Currently I am running about 40% more LPG than Petrol which is just crazy. So I will lean it out and keep a very close eye on my spark plugs to see if I am over heating them!

Thanks again!

SL
08-24-2010 04:49 PM