Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breakers?
Jimbobiker Offline

Breakers?
I assume a breaker is better than a fuse due to the ability to reset it. Where do I get a breaker suitable for a hydroxy booster? Auto parts store or do I go Lowes and us a household breaker? Forgive my ignorance.
06-25-2008 06:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fordsohc46 Offline

RE: Breakers?
i would go to a parts store. they should have them. i have considered getting some myself it would be cheaper in the long run especially with thermal runaway causing blown fuses.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2008 06:28 PM by fordsohc46.)
06-25-2008 06:27 PM
brupska Offline

RE: Breakers?
Fuses are a better way of protecting your generator because they are a lot faster acting than a breaker. I am a Industrial electrician and we use fuses to protect important things more often than breakers. Yes if you have a high amperage draw you will burn up a fuse but if the breaker goes bad and you will not know it until it is to late on a breaker. You can get a small motor starter with a heater installed in it. They look like a houshold switch but have something like a fuse underneath the switch that will burn up and fuse back together after it cools. Just make sure you get one rated for DC voltage and I would say 125% over your intended amperage. For 30amps you will need a 37.5 amp heater. Good luck Brad
06-25-2008 07:21 PM