Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bubbler flashback valve
wes77 Offline

Bubbler flashback valve
I came up with this for my own bubbler. I haven't tested it for leaks or function (lighting the output tube), but in theory, it should work Smile Either way, I thought i'd pass it on either for replication or food for thought. build and use at your own risk.

-Wes

Attached File(s)
.pdf  HHO Relief valve 10-08.pdf (Size: 390.48 KB / Downloads: 469)
11-19-2008 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
john m Offline

RE: Bubbler flashback valve
I saw almost the same setup on a u-tube video and it worked great. It was hooked to a portable generator engine that was running on hho with the fuel tank removed. His output was too low (lean mixture) and the engine kept backfiring so the valve was cycling like crazy but reset itself each time. I want the same type of valve and you gave me some ideas from your components, but I was thinking lighter plunger maybe a disc and a light spring to reduce the chance of a blowout somewhere else. I'll be interested to see how yours works because it beats the hell out of a piece of sandwich bag and a whole lot of wasted hho before you find it blown. You replaced the fuse with a circuit breaker. Another small step foreward, I like it! john.
11-19-2008 04:09 PM
mobilehydricity Offline

wes77 Wrote:I came up with this for my own bubbler. I haven't tested it for leaks or function (lighting the output tube), but in theory, it should work Smile Either way, I thought i'd pass it on either for replication or food for thought. build and use at your own risk.

-Wes
NICE IDEA!
I like your construction plans, and the safety margin it brings to the table. I have been using two check valves, one at the hho generator and the other at the output of the bubbler. GREAT IDEA! MIKE
11-20-2008 07:24 AM
mobilehydricity Offline

john m Wrote:I saw almost the same setup on a u-tube video and it worked great. It was hooked to a portable generator engine that was running on hho with the fuel tank removed. His output was too low (lean mixture) and the engine kept backfiring so the valve was cycling like crazy but reset itself each time. I want the same type of valve and you gave me some ideas from your components, but I was thinking lighter plunger maybe a disc and a light spring to reduce the chance of a blowout somewhere else. I'll be interested to see how yours works because it beats the hell out of a piece of sandwich bag and a whole lot of wasted hho before you find it blown. You replaced the fuse with a circuit breaker. Another small step foreward, I like it! john.
GOING TO POST THIS ON MY WEBSITE. http://www.freewebs.com/mobilehydricity. MIKE
11-20-2008 07:26 AM
hydrotinkerer Offline

That is a cool idea. You could adjust the spring to any tension you want.
11-20-2008 08:57 AM
wes77 Offline

hydrotinkerer Wrote:That is a cool idea. You could adjust the spring to any tension you want.

I forgot to mention, I used a die to lengthen the thread on the bolt slightly. That way the plunger is in a fixed position on the bolt. Yes If you add another washer and nut and use an all thread bolt, you can change spring tension very easily.

The only thing I worry about is sealing around the hole in the rubber cork. You might need to do something there. I haven't thoroughly tested it. It does open with a little less than 10 psi in from an air compressor though. It should easily pop in a flashback and reset.

-Wes
11-20-2008 11:57 AM