Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building A HHO Flow Meter - Video
DodgeViper Offline

Building A HHO Flow Meter - Video
I have begun to construct my flow meter. A friend of mine who own Plastic Plus in Tucson, Arizona has provided me the material to build my flow meter. The base is 6” x 6” and 1” inch thick. The larger tube is 3.5 inches inside measurement and the smaller tube is 1” outside measurement.

I found a 1 litter plastic water bottle that 3” in diameter and about 12” tall. I have drilled a series of holes in the bottom. The plan is to machine a pair of groves into the 1” block, the larger grove will be 3.75” while the smaller grove will be 1.0”. Next I will drill and tap a ¼” NPT thread directly in the center of the 6” x 6” block. This will support a 90 degree fitting so that I can connect my cell block. Next I will glue the smaller 1” tube to the base followed by the larger tube being glued to the base. Then I will place rubber feet on the bottom of the block to raise the block to clear the 90 degree elbow. I had thought of machining a hole in the side of the block to the center hole and tapping the block to support a fitting, I still may do this if time permits.

Once completed I will fill the larger tube full of distilled water. Removing the cap from the 1 litter bottle I will slide the 1 litter bottle down into the larger tube allowing the 1 litter bottle to completely submerge until the bottle neck comes into contact with the smaller 1” tube. Next I will place the cap back onto the 1 litter bottle tightly. The series of holes I drilled in the bottom of the 1 liter bottle will allow the bottle to rise and at the same time allow the water to exit as HHO gas displaces the water.

Now the flow meter is ready to be used. This will make a very efficient flow meter much better than submerging a bottle in a bucket. The plan is once I see movement is when I will start the stop watch. Once the 1 litter bottle has displaced all water from the bottle is when the stop watch is stopped. The given time on the stop watch will tell me how quickly I produced a litter of HHO gas. Video - HHO Flow Meter

[Image: 50.jpg]

[Image: 51.jpg]

[Image: 52.jpg]

[Image: 53.jpg]

[Image: 54.jpg]

Video - HHO Flow Meter

[Image: Hydrogen%20Powered.jpg]
2002 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 Ram
4.7L EFI
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2009 04:54 PM by DodgeViper.)
01-08-2009 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qsiguy Offline

RE: Building A HHO Flow Meter
That's pretty cool and I love fabricating things myself but the flow meter I use and sell is much simpler and cheaper (see photo). I'd rather spend the time building a better generator or control system for it.

[Image: P1040004.JPG]

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
01-08-2009 11:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DodgeViper Offline

(01-08-2009 11:37 PM)qsiguy Wrote:  That's pretty cool and I love fabricating things myself but the flow meter I use and sell is much simpler and cheaper (see photo). I'd rather spend the time building a better generator or control system for it.

What I have learned from many forums, it’s all about being visual. People want to see true results. This is why I am using a 1 litter bottle and having everything clear. There is no mistaken in this design, once the water has been displaced from the bottle by the production of HHO gas this is the true output. It’s all about being visual.

I like your inline flow meter as well and had seen it before but you know people are going to second guess the accuracy of the design having the gas raise a small ball. I had thought of a flow meter like I use on my Tig/Mig welders to measure the amount of Argon but I wanted to keep it very simple, accurate and easy for everyone to build.

Furthermore the material did not cost me a dime because of my friend, but yea this meter would not be cheap to build due to the material used. A cheaper way would be build the meter using a 3 litter bottle and a 2 litter bottle having the 2 litter bottle slide up and down inside the 3 litter bottle much like I have in my flow meter.

4.7L EFI
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2009 05:47 AM by DodgeViper.)
01-09-2009 04:34 AM
cmac0351 Offline

Dodge,

That is very similar to the one that I built. I used the design of sidyoung .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbjySj-zYw4

Instead of a straw in the middle like his, I used a couple CPVC fittings to get a 1/2 inch pipe up the middle of the 2 liter bottle. I put the 3 liters base on top of a box with a hole cut out of the middle to accommodate the 90 hose barb fitting, then another hole in the side where the hose sticks out (photos to come later). At the end of the hose coming out of the box is a T fitting. I can hook up the hose from my bubbler to one side of the T and just plug the top part to start timing the output.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2009 07:48 AM by cmac0351.)
01-09-2009 07:43 AM
DodgeViper Offline

(01-09-2009 07:43 AM)cmac0351 Wrote:  Dodge,

That is very similar to the one that I built. I used the design of sid young .

Yep my flow meter is based on the video I had seen of Sid Youngs flow meter, just a little more advance as I had access to some nice material to use. Does the same thing in a more compact design. Using a 1 litter bottle the user will know exactly when 1 litter of HHO gas has been reached.

Had I not had access to this material I would have made the soda bottle meter...

4.7L EFI
01-09-2009 09:32 AM
cmac0351 Offline

I had seen the video, then about 3 days later, my school had a Christmas party with lots of soda (I am a teacher). I quickly carpe diem'd a 3 liter and 2 liter when they were empty

(01-09-2009 09:32 AM)DodgeViper Wrote:  
(01-09-2009 07:43 AM)cmac0351 Wrote:  Dodge,

That is very similar to the one that I built. I used the design of sid young .

Yep my flow meter is based on the video I had seen of Sid Youngs flow meter, just a little more advance as I had access to some nice material to use. Does the same thing in a more compact design. Using a 1 litter bottle the user will know exactly when 1 litter of HHO gas has been reached.

Had I not had access to this material I would have made the soda bottle meter...
01-09-2009 12:10 PM
DodgeViper Offline

Here is a link I posted to You Tube on my working flow meter.

HHO FLOW METER

4.7L EFI
01-24-2009 03:16 PM
Gary Offline

RE: Building A HHO Flow Meter - Video
Not to bust your hard work and excellent job, but I posted this in the comment box to clarify what I was thinking of it:
"Dodge, I think the center tube size will have to be calculated out of the total capacity, inasmuch as it's empty to begin and empty at the end, giving a total of less than a litre of gas. That may be why ZFF used a straw - or was that Zero? Anyway..."
01-24-2009 03:54 PM
DodgeViper Offline

(01-24-2009 03:54 PM)Gary Wrote:  Not to bust your hard work and excellent job, but I posted this in the comment box to clarify what I was thinking of it:
"Dodge, I think the center tube size will have to be calculated out of the total capacity, inasmuch as it's empty to begin and empty at the end, giving a total of less than a litre of gas. That may be why ZFF used a straw - or was that Zero? Anyway..."

I don't see how. As the bottle rises the gas is displacing the volume that the center tube had displaced when the bottle was at its lowest point. When the bottle reaches its highest point its full of HHO gas... Remember the bottle is full of water and does not begin to rise until HHO gas is present in the larger tube. The only thing of question would be the very small cap that contains air. This could be eliminated very easily as well. Also it would be very easy to bleed off any air trapped in the hose and center tube and bottle before testing.

4.7L EFI
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2009 07:48 PM by DodgeViper.)
01-24-2009 07:31 PM
Gary Offline

DOH! You're right: the gas sees the tube as more water until the tube is gone. I get it now. Brain fart.
01-24-2009 08:08 PM