Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building ZFF PWM
jkbanman Offline

Building ZFF PWM
Hi All,

This is my first post on FuelSaver forums. Kudos to all the members on making this the best forum that I have come across for all things H2 and HHO. I have built my first cell, now I am building the PWM and EFIE.

My cell is a 9 (+n-n+n-n+) plate design. In ABS canister.

My question is can someone make a little diagram or explain how to hook up the wires/connections that come off the PWM.

Using the attached picture as a reference. I get that the blue wire (s-and gnd) goes to the common ground. Where does the S+ go? Do both of the speaker wires get connected to the + on the board, then one to the ground and one to the S on the mosfet?

I appreciate any direction that can be given.
11-10-2008 10:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlexR Offline

RE: Building ZFF PWM
What do the directions for the PWM say?

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
11-10-2008 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmac0351 Offline

Zero explains where they go on his videos on youtube. Also, you can check the schematic on his website for more help, too. If you aren't sure how to read the schematic, the videos should suffice.

jkbanman Wrote:Hi All,

This is my first post on FuelSaver forums. Kudos to all the members on making this the best forum that I have come across for all things H2 and HHO. I have built my first cell, now I am building the PWM and EFIE.

My cell is a 9 (+n-n+n-n+) plate design. In ABS canister.

My question is can someone make a little diagram or explain how to hook up the wires/connections that come off the PWM.

Using the attached picture as a reference. I get that the blue wire (s-and gnd) goes to the common ground. Where does the S+ go? Do both of the speaker wires get connected to the + on the board, then one to the ground and one to the S on the mosfet?

I appreciate any direction that can be given.
11-10-2008 12:15 PM
cmac0351 Offline

Speaking of Zero's PWM,

I just finished up on the one I am building. When I hooked power to it, R14 fried.

His schematic says that it should have .5 watt tolerance and it also says "carbon."

Is there a difference between the carbon part and a regular resistor? The one I fried was a 1 watt tolerance from Radio Shack. Is that the problem, the type of resistor, or is it something else. I am pretty sure that all the other wiring is correct.

I know the traces on the board are correct because I did the artwork for Zero for the PWM's he is selling right now.
11-10-2008 12:21 PM
sixmenn Offline

I built ZFF's PWMv2 and it works perfectly! It effectively kept the amperage exactly where I put it. I was impressed.

cmac0351 Wrote:Speaking of Zero's PWM,

I just finished up on the one I am building. When I hooked power to it, R14 fried.

His schematic says that it should have .5 watt tolerance and it also says "carbon."

Is there a difference between the carbon part and a regular resistor? The one I fried was a 1 watt tolerance from Radio Shack. Is that the problem, the type of resistor, or is it something else. I am pretty sure that all the other wiring is correct.

I know the traces on the board are correct because I did the artwork for Zero for the PWM's he is selling right now.

1994 Camry 2.2L 4 cylinder
Smacks Booster
ZFF EFIE with 50 millivolt offset (still tuning)
IAT parallel 10K resistor
CTS parallel 3.9K resistor (removed for winter)
MAP sensor enhancer
Fuel pre-heater
11-10-2008 04:24 PM
jkbanman Offline

Is his design and parts list for the v2 on his website correct or did you change something for it to work? I will see if I can find the youtube video
11-11-2008 08:15 AM
sixmenn Offline

I built it according to the list on his website. I have not (yet) installed C6. I'll see if things heat up, and if they do, I'll spend the extra couple of bucks and put it in.

jkbanman Wrote:Is his design and parts list for the v2 on his website correct or did you change something for it to work? I will see if I can find the youtube video

Smacks Booster
MAP sensor enhancer
Fuel pre-heater
11-11-2008 12:33 PM
sixmenn Offline

I purchased all my parts from Mouser according to what ZFF recommended, with the exception of my heat sink and fan which I harvested from an old PC.

I looked at R14 on the parts list and checked it on Mouser. It calls for a metal film resistor. Whether that would make a difference, I don't know. You could possibly have a short, which would tend to overheat and blow R14, because it is one of the first resistors in the electrical path.

cmac0351 Wrote:Is there a difference between the carbon part and a regular resistor? The one I fried was a 1 watt tolerance from Radio Shack. Is that the problem, the type of resistor, or is it something else. I am pretty sure that all the other wiring is correct.

Smacks Booster
MAP sensor enhancer
Fuel pre-heater
11-11-2008 12:38 PM