Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bummer...
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

Sad Bummer...
Okay so a week ago I finished with every mod on my truck.

*HHO generator
*IAT resistor
*CTS resistor
*EFIE device
*MAF resistor
*MAP resistor
*Fuel vaporizer

And before I would get 32O miles on a tank with my 2OO3 Ford Ranger. And now, after the mods, I get 32O miles a tank. There was absolutely no difference. The HHO cost me $1,OOO for a new intake manifold. The fuel vaporizer cost me $4OO for a new fuel line. And the HHO generator cost me $1OO and the EFIE cost me $7O and the resisters and other electronics cost me $35. And my truck has a hole in the hood from the HHO explosion. So all in all, I spent $1,6O5 on everything total, and I got no better gas mileage. I just don't understand. I know you fail sometimes but I don't understand why, with all this, I didn't even see a little increase. I am so dissapointed that I spent that much money and I almost give up. Any ideas?
03-20-2008 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Bummer...
Do you have a check engine light? If so, can you read the error codes? If you've got that many sensors being adjusted, you should be good unless you've adjusted them to an out of spec range, in which case the ECU will complain with a trouble code. In this case, that sensor will move you backwards until you get it corrected.

How much HHO gas does your unit produce? If you haven't measured it, how many Liters/hour is it rated to produce? What type is it?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-20-2008 04:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

I think it produces something like .75 liters a minute. It runs on only 3 amps. I did get a check engine light, but from the EFIE being a bit too high. It was weird, after I adjusted the sensors I thought I could get the EFIE to go higher...turned out I had to lower it. Now check engines lights and I have gone through a whole tank with no check engine lights or anything.
03-22-2008 06:24 PM
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

It's the one on this page, third one down.

http://shop.alternative-energy-store.net/main.sc
03-22-2008 06:28 PM
colchiro Offline

If you're going to change 12 things and you get better mileage, how can you tell what helped and what didn't? That's something best left to expert installers.

How much can you disable or turn off to reduce it to just a couple changes? Ideally, I would think you'd want just the hho on for starts.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-22-2008 07:11 PM
mike Offline

I'm pretty sure you're getting much less than .75 liters/minute out of that electrolyzer. It's just 2 wires in some electrolyte. It's good for learning about HHO, but not really adequate for supplying your Ford Ranger.

With what you've learned so far, if you can get a real electrolyser installed, you should be able to see some results.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-22-2008 07:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

But even if the HHO generator was a little better, I doubt it would let me push any of the resistors any further by sensing the HHO increase. So it doesn't make sense why I haven't seen ANY gain. Even If I just never put in the HHO and messed with all the sensors to tell the engine to run leaner, even though you should never do this if you aren't supplying an alternate fuel, you would still see results. I am upset and puzzled.
03-23-2008 12:21 PM
xcite Offline

I have read thru your various post but have not seen you mention what your resistor levels where set at for the different sensors. Have you looked up the tables of your sensors to calculate how the resistors are affecting the reading the computer sees? For an example My CST at 194 deg is about 2.8k ohms and when I add in 6.8k ohms in parrellel it is telling the computer the engine is about 214 deg. If you go to far or not far enough the computer may think something is wrong with the sensor and ignore it. Or if the end temp that is being told to the computer is to high it will take steps to cool the engine that it thinks is to hot.

With out knowing some of this its hard to offer any advise on why things are not improving for you.
03-23-2008 01:27 PM
RebelScientist Offline

NeVeRmiNdQ Wrote:But even if the HHO generator was a little better, I doubt it would let me push any of the resistors any further by sensing the HHO increase. So it doesn't make sense why I haven't seen ANY gain. Even If I just never put in the HHO and messed with all the sensors to tell the engine to run leaner, even though you should never do this if you aren't supplying an alternate fuel, you would still see results. I am upset and puzzled.

Hey NevermidQ, it seems that the HHO amount that you are making is way too less for any results. I am running 15 amps on 12 volts in my 4cylinder 1.8 liter and I need more. I don't know how much gas I am making but my HHO plates are pretty efficient. I get 10 amp on just tap water.

I dont know how big is ur engine but if its bigger than mine, u need more gas than what 15 amps on 12v makes.

HHO gas is hydrogen going into your car which is fuel. the more Hydrogen from HHO gas, the less hydrogen you need from that dirty gasoline in your tank. and thats how your system should work and should adjust accordingly.

I know that at 10 amps on 12v, a cell gets about .5 liter per minute. and u are making less than .25 liters per minute. not enough!!!
03-25-2008 09:19 AM
mike Offline

Quote:I know that at 10 amps on 12v, a cell gets about .5 liter per minute. and u are making less than .25 liters per minute. not enough!!!

Be careful with this datum. It's not necessarily true. In fact, it shouldn't be true. This is only true if the system is not very efficient. A very good, efficient electrolyser would provide enough gas for a small 8 cylinder engine, and is plenty for 4 and 6 cylinder engines.

Remember it's the amount of gas, not the amount of amps, that's important.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-25-2008 01:46 PM