Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buy a HHO kit or build one?
kodoocha Offline

Buy a HHO kit or build one?
Hi there,

I'm planning to install HHO kit on a used motorcycle that uses carburetor. The bike probably has 50cc or 250cc engine on it.
I spent good hours going through on-demand HHO system.
What I came up with is:

A dry cell that produces enough HHO gas
PWM (Pulse Width Module)
Bubbler

Thanks in advance
04-01-2012 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Buy a HHO kit or build one?
The PWM isn't a requirement, but will make the whole system more trouble free. Be sure to get a constant current PWM. That way you can set it and forget it.

You definitely don't need much HHO on an engine of that size. I would say you only need to draw about 2 amps. So a very small generator will work fine. For that size, I think you can buy one of those cheap gennys that they sell on Ebay with the clear acrylic sides. You don't need anything bigger.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-01-2012 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
koya1893 Offline

(04-01-2012 09:31 AM)mike Wrote:  The PWM isn't a requirement, but will make the whole system more trouble free. Be sure to get a constant current PWM. That way you can set it and forget it.

You definitely don't need much HHO on an engine of that size. I would say you only need to draw about 2 amps. So a very small generator will work fine. For that size, I think you can buy one of those cheap gennys that they sell on Ebay with the clear acrylic sides. You don't need anything bigger.

I built a system for my Harley, it is 5" X 3" X 1", it produce .5LPM at 6-8 amps. As Mike mentioned you don't need much for that size engine. I used the same set up but configured differently for a Honda shadow, it definitely brought the bike to life, the gain you will see is not from cutting the fuel, it will be from the power to weight ration, with HHO being induced you won't crack that throttle that much to move.

Shoot me an email I'll send you photo fo the system. bmwman@md.metrocast.net

Ben
04-04-2012 10:17 AM
kodoocha Offline

A DC-DC converter that modulates output voltage and current is best option I can find.

What are the output voltages of the PWM that mostly used in HHO generator?
07-14-2012 03:27 AM
mike Offline

PWMs always use the voltage that they are supplied with. They don't change voltage. So for a 12 volt system, they pulse 12 volts. Actually, since a 12 volt battery runs at 13.5 volts or more, the PWM will pulse the 13.5 volts that are fed to it.

Instead of changing the voltage, the PWM varies the duration of the pulses, and that's how they control the average amperage that the system is using. But voltage is not changed. This article explains how it's done in more detail, and also explains how they maintain a constant current automatically: http://www.dry-cells.com/what-is-a-pwm .

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-16-2012 08:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply