Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CTS and AIT resistance...
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

CTS and AIT resistance...
The CTS and AIT sensors are the only 2 sensors I don't have the signal altered. I wanted to do it but I'm not sure how to, I read if you make it think the air is hotter it will save gas but the alternator will run to try and cool it bc it thinks its too hot. And the same with the coolant temp. [/align]Can someone tell me how it is done, I know I have to put a resistor on the ground of both right? How could I do it to make sure it isn't doing the opposite by overheating?
03-01-2008 02:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: CTS and AIT resistance...
You can find an excellent article on this here.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-01-2008 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

It says to install a resistor across the CTS and IAT sensors in parallel with the sensor. I'm not sure what that means. So were do I put the resistor, is it on the ground wire of both? Also I realised it was you who gave me that link before and I accidentally posted it back to you thinking you were someone else, lol.
03-01-2008 02:59 PM
mike Offline

NeVeRmiNdQ Wrote:It says to install a resistor across the CTS and IAT sensors in parallel with the sensor. I'm not sure what that means. So were do I put the resistor, is it on the ground wire of both? Also I realised it was you who gave me that link before and I accidentally posted it back to you thinking you were someone else, lol.

No problem. Have a look at the attached diagram. It shows a resistor in parallel to your AIT sensor.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit Our Documents Page
03-01-2008 06:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

Thank you. What is a recomended amount of Ohms for an AIT and then for the CTS. Just like a starting and max Ohm range.
03-02-2008 06:38 PM
tanahiro Offline

ok, i found in my car the iat wire and the maf wire signal. both with his ground, my question is i have to connect the resistor in this iat and maf with his ground wire signal?

ok i read the article but what kind of resistor? for example, start with 3.9k ohm and up but, with how many watt, 1/4?
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2008 09:40 PM by tanahiro.)
03-02-2008 08:35 PM
mike Offline

tanahiro Wrote:ok, i found in my car the iat wire and the maf wire signal. both with his ground, my question is i have to connect the resistor in this iat and maf with his ground wire signal?

ok i read the article but what kind of resistor? for example, start with 3.9k ohm and up but, with how many watt, 1/4?

1/4 watt will work fine.

The following diagram shows you how to hook them up.

Does this answer all of your questions?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit Our Documents Page
03-02-2008 10:36 PM
tanahiro Offline

well, almost.
in the attached I see that the resitor boing in the negative, it's mean in the ground wire? because my MAF have the iat integrated (5wire). I already identify the IAT and his ground. the other 3 wire are for the MAF, one 12volt i think this one is the power. the other two are, the MAF and his ground.

perfecto. thanks.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2008 05:41 PM by tanahiro.)
03-04-2008 05:29 PM
mike Offline

Yes, the negative symbol is used to represent the ground wire in the diagram.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-04-2008 05:43 PM
tanahiro Offline

ok, today i install the resistor in the 3.9k ohm in the cts and no problem. the same resistor in the AIT and no problem. but i install 10k ohm in the maf and was no good, i removed the 10k and install a 3.9k and no good too.

mike.
today i will install the efie in the wideband oxy sensor. but the volt is suppost to be up of 3.30v or down for run lean?
03-05-2008 01:01 PM