Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I use EFIE in my car ?????
jetmec Offline

Rolleyes Can I use EFIE in my car ?????
I have installed a hydrogen generator in my 2003 Ford Taurus EFI with 4 oxygen sensors. (2 upstream of the mini cat.converters and 2 downstream of the mini converts but up stream of the main cat.) All of the sensor have 4 wires coming from them. After reading the wiring diagrams on ALLDATA.com I found that my heated O2 Sensor connector pins 1 and 2 are for the heater and have a steady 12.5 VDC. Pin 3 had 13.6-13.8 VDC while the engine was running. Pin 4 had 13.8 VDC fluxuating to 0 and back to 13.8 VDC with the engine running. got these same reading on a couple of fluke meters. can I use EFIE on this system??????

Kevin M. Carlson
Jet Mechanic at Large
05-26-2008 05:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Can I use EFIE in my car ?????
I've never heard of an o2 sensor that had 12 volts on the output lead. Usually it's 0-1 for narrow band and closer to 3 for wideband.

Can you check the voltage on the other two leads? These two sound more like heater wires.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-26-2008 06:46 AM
mike Offline

You've got the wrong wires, or else the sensor is completely failed. There is no oxygen sensor of any type that uses 12 volts on it's signal wire. You're going to have to get a better wiring diagram, or else trace the wires from the physical sensors.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-26-2008 07:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jetmec Offline

Rick, Wires 1 and 2 are the heater wires and they checked at 12.5 VDC steady so that is not the case. wires 3 and 4 are the signal wires.

Mike, I checked this at the first connector coming out of the O2 Sensor and the ALLDATA connector info looks like it is good, all wires are the correct color. Maybe I stumbled on a bad sensor. I am going to try a different sensor and see what it's readings are. I am going to check the voltage at wires 3 to ground and 4 to ground correct???

Thanks Kevin

Kevin M. Carlson
Jet Mechanic at Large
05-26-2008 11:24 AM
colchiro Offline

Jet, the pre-cat sensors are the ones of interest. If you have a V8 or V6 (or V4), you probably have one for each bank. The only people who mod the post cat sensors that I know of are for cars with turbos.

Yes check the voltage to ground.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-26-2008 11:43 AM
jetmec Offline

colchiro Wrote:Jet, the pre-cat sensors are the ones of interest. If you have a V8 or V6 (or V4), you probably have one for each bank. The only people who mod the post cat sensors that I know of are for cars with turbos.

Yes check the voltage to ground.

With fresh batteries in my fluke meter, large cup of coffee and good prints from a friend I headed out to the driveway to find out once and for all where my O2 signal wire is. looking at the pre-cat sensors I found that wire GY / RD has voltage reading of .25-.95 VDC (fluxing very quicky) on both the foward and aft sensors. according to my print this is the signal return wire back to the PCM. Ok does this make me ready for and EFIE sytem is there anything else I have to check?? What do you think of splicing in the EFIE system at the pigtail of the O2 sensors?? Can I added to the lenght of the wire that come with the EFIE system??

Jetmec

Kevin M. Carlson
Jet Mechanic at Large
05-29-2008 09:12 AM
colchiro Offline

A narrow band sensor will vary between 0 and 1 volt dc and warmed up and under a light cruise, should be close to .5 volts. I connected mine to the sensor lead, just before the connector. I figured the sensor could be replaced, but harder to replace the under-hood wiring. Hmm

The latest I've seen says to use a crimp connector for that, so the sensor can "breathe" through the wiring. My wires were long enough to reach.

Rick

05-29-2008 04:49 PM
markodevine Offline

Some of the fuel saving devices on this website uses water for fuel. I am sure you heard from the run your car on water. to my knowledge, no one uses their car on the total water and fuel. However there is a way to use water for fuel as a supporter of hydrogen.

Worcester park Taxi
04-15-2011 07:31 AM