Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't process enough HHO gases
chris0147 Offline

Can't process enough HHO gases
Hi guys,

I would like you to help me with two of the main problems as I has got. I am using smack cell with 6 plates for a small scale to generating to make HHO gases which I am being successful. My problems is that the cell does not generate enough gases as I am using 14A. I am not really sure if it enough gases or not, I can only see the cell has making a lot of bubbles. Can you tell me what is the max amps for a small scale that it will generating enough HHO?

And my another problem, I have a bit of trouble to collect the gases on the top of the water to get through into the pvc tubing. I saw some gases was going through into the tube to the plastic bottle, but I can't collect enough gases. I tried to find the solutions of how to collect the gases on the top of the water and into the water when I used 1/4" tubing, but the gases did not got through correctly. I tried to moved the tube around a bit, but it didn't really helped. There was no leaks at all. I am not sure if I have not done it properly or if the tube is bit quite small. Can you advice me why the gases did not got through in the tube and how I can find the solution to collect the gases?

Any advice would be much appreciate.

Thanks!
05-01-2011 10:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chris0147 Offline

RE: Can't process enough HHO gases
31 viewers and no one is going to replying?
05-03-2011 09:44 AM
creepyjon Offline

Very few people use the classic style smack anymore, wet cells are a thing of the past. It's still a good cheap booster, and easy to build. You have to run about 30 amps into it before you get any real production out of it, and that's after it's broken in. The light plates are low grade, so they will shed till you get them condition nicely. They will turn kinda golden brown when they are getting conditioned. Realistically though, can your alternator handle 30 amps, and is less than 2 liters output from 30 amps enough to get any gains? With only 6 plates you won't get anywhere near 2 liters, you will be lucky to see 1 liter at high enough amps to make steam which is bad.

As for the leaks, what I do is take off the output hose. Hold your thumb over it till pressure builds, if you don't get pressure you have a leak. If you do get pressure, you may still have a small leak, spray the connections with anything soapy, 409, windex, soapy water, and look for bubbles. 1/4 inch hose is ok, 3/8 is better.
05-03-2011 03:50 PM
chris0147 Offline

yeah I know that, but I built the booster so that I could process for a small hho test. Do you know what is the minimum amps rating that I should run for a small hho process to make it works? when i generate to make enough HHO gases, I will move on and I will be using the dry cell instead of using the wet cell. How many plates would I really needs if I want to process enough hho gases?

Do you know how to collect the gases when I filled the distilled to the minimum size in the container while i have the outlet hose on the top of the container and engaged with the 1/4" tubing? and would I have to change the hose to 3/8 if i want to collect the gases?
05-04-2011 01:38 PM
martinruf Offline

(05-04-2011 01:38 PM)chris0147 Wrote:  Do you know what is the minimum amps rating that I should run for a small hho process to make it works? when i generate to make enough HHO gases,
What do you want to achieve?
My car reached the savings with a wet cell, 1-4 amps, KOH, drying machine water.
I used 5N for a cool running with 12 Amp and no savings.
But I didn't change my system now with 1-4 amp. Mabye a 3N/4N will work also.
With 1-4 amp you will not see bubbles often.

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
05-06-2011 12:35 AM
chris0147 Offline

(05-06-2011 12:35 AM)martinruf Wrote:  
(05-04-2011 01:38 PM)chris0147 Wrote:  Do you know what is the minimum amps rating that I should run for a small hho process to make it works? when i generate to make enough HHO gases,
What do you want to achieve?
My car reached the savings with a wet cell, 1-4 amps, KOH, drying machine water.
I used 5N for a cool running with 12 Amp and no savings.
But I didn't change my system now with 1-4 amp. Mabye a 3N/4N will work also.
With 1-4 amp you will not see bubbles often.

I want to achieve to generate to make hho gases, that is what I want to do. I don't have car engine, I am only doing this for experiment that was all.
I am using 14 amps and 12 volts with 6 plates, so how many plates would I need to generate to make hho gases?
and does 14 amps sound good enough for me? if so then do you know how to collect the gases to preferring into the outlet hose barb?

I still really needs the answers to get this solutions. Sad
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 06:42 AM by chris0147.)
05-10-2011 06:40 AM
martinruf Offline

(05-10-2011 06:40 AM)chris0147 Wrote:  
(05-06-2011 12:35 AM)martinruf Wrote:  [My car reached the savings with a wet cell, 1-4 amps, KOH, drying machine water.

I want to achieve to generate to make hho gases, that is what I want to do. I don't have car engine, I am only doing this for experiment that was all.
I am using 14 amps and 12 volts with 6 plates, so how many plates would I need to generate to make hho gases?
and does 14 amps sound good enough for me? if so then do you know how to collect the gases to preferring into the outlet hose barb?

I still really needs the answers to get this solutions. Sad

I think you have now (P=plate, G = gap, N = neutral) The Neutral do not touch other metal srews, nuts or plates.

P G P G P G P G P G P
+ N N N N -

You use destilled water.
And you have to use an good electroyte like KaliumHydroxid (KOH), NatriumHydroxid (NaOH). Bad things are BakingSoda, Salt, acid.

You will add spoon by spoon till you measure 14 amps through the water.

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
05-13-2011 01:52 AM