Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Caution ****
abe Offline

Caution ****
After reading an earlier post about Chromium Leeching out of our SS Cells I have been worred about contamination.To the point I have removed my cell.I now see that our waste can cause Cancer.TO us or even our love ones.Their is research on using other materal to substitute for SS.Until we find more info on SS I would suggest we stop using Cell made of SS.I worry someone will get Cancer. Saving gas is not worth that. If this is true it won't be long befor the EPA steps in anyway.Please be carefull you only live once.I,m not a chemist and dont play one on TV.The Idea is sound, we may have moved to fast with SS. I,ve pulled my cell and if it truly makes Chromiun I sugest you do too.This is only one man's opinion,but if it true do you want to take that chancs. Think Titanium
11-13-2009 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

RE: Caution ****
The solution to dispose of used electrolyte is to put simple table sugar in it, converting the hexavalent chromium to a different, harmless kind. This has been out for a year now.
11-16-2009 07:01 PM
abe Offline

(11-16-2009 07:01 PM)Gary Wrote:  The solution to dispose of used electrolyte is to put simple table sugar in it, converting the hexavalent chromium to a different, harmless kind. This has been out for a year now.

How many do that or pour it on the ground.Assumeing your right,who's telling you to do that when they sell you a cell. I'm just saying a warning label should be posted. But as for me I will be going on to something safer.Not giving up just going in a different direction.
11-19-2009 04:36 PM
Ryanrpm Offline

(11-19-2009 04:36 PM)abe Wrote:  
(11-16-2009 07:01 PM)Gary Wrote:  The solution to dispose of used electrolyte is to put simple table sugar in it, converting the hexavalent chromium to a different, harmless kind. This has been out for a year now.

How many do that or pour it on the ground.Assumeing your right,who's telling you to do that when they sell you a cell. I'm just saying a warning label should be posted. But as for me I will be going on to something safer.Not giving up just going in a different direction.

How about platinum plated SS? Or titanium plated. Will SS coated with another element be any safer?

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
11-23-2009 09:44 AM
Gary Offline

I'm told that the Hex problem is a leeching of chemicals from the SS from the manufacturing process and it doesn't happen with other metals as far as we know. Again, if you're worried about killing the neighborhood cats (a good thing), you can add sugar before dumping.
And WHO is doing all this dumping? Once I get a cell running, and adjusted, there is no dumping save a very little in later adjustments.
BTW, how is that aquatune of yours working out? Do you get gains without HHO?
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2009 12:33 PM by Gary.)
11-23-2009 12:32 PM
AlexR Offline

I'd like to see the evidence about our cells producing hexavalent chromium. While it may well be possible that chromium may come out of the plates into the elecrtolyte this is far from saying it makes hexavalent chromium.

Here is an article on chromium and health.

http://www.drugs.com/cons/chromium-suppl...teral.html

Quoted

"Chromium supplements are used to prevent or treat chromium deficiency.

The body needs chromium for normal growth and health. For patients who are unable to get enough chromium in their regular diet or who have a need for more chromium, chromium supplements may be necessary. They are generally taken by mouth but some patients may have to receive them by injection. Chromium helps your body use sugar properly. It is also needed for the breakdown of proteins and fats.

Lack of chromium may lead to nerve problems and may decrease the body's ability to use sugar properly."

Before you hit the reply button telling me I'm an idiot let me finish.

My point here is that chromium can come in many different forms. I'm not suggesting that we lick the plates of our electrolyzers for health reasons. What I am saying is that making the jump to hexavalent chromium seems a bit of a stretch. I've been reading on this topic on another HHO forum and no one could find any evidence that an electrolyzer produces hexavalent chromium. I read a lot and at the moment can't remember the specific forum.

Lets say for a second that the SS plates do make this chemical. How is it harmful to the human body? Breathing the fumes? having it touch the skin? ingestion? Does anyone know?

How do we test for it?

Does it breakdown into harmless components after a few hours, days, months?

Gary says sugar will neutralize it. If that is true, great!

My point again is that it seems like a lot of fear here for something that hasn't been proven to even exist in our electrolyzers.

If anyone has any evidence that hexavalent chromium is present please post it. Even better if someone knows how to test for it.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
11-23-2009 12:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abe Offline

Alexr You sound like a educated man,I'm not tell you what or what not to do.Just trying to let some know of the danger of what I belive could happen.Hexavalent Chromiun has been reported before here and on other sites.You can now buy a test kit online now and test it for your self.Yes I did read you can delute it by pouring surgar in it.This is suppose to reduce it by 97%, but do you know how much sugar to use.Buy if you would like you can go to http://www.youtube.com/user/eletrikride and watch him test for Hexavalent Chromiun for you.The proublem it seems is not running your cell,but it breaking them in. Good luck and be safe. Abe
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2009 06:58 PM by abe.)
11-23-2009 03:27 PM
abe Offline

(11-23-2009 09:44 AM)Ryanrpm Wrote:  
(11-19-2009 04:36 PM)abe Wrote:  

How many do that or pour it on the ground.Assuming your right,who's telling you to do that when they sell you a cell. I'm just saying a warning label should be posted. But as for me I will be going on to something safer.Not giving up just going in a different direction.

How about platinum plated SS? Or titanium plated. Will SS coated with another element be any safer?

Sorry I didn't see your question before now. I'm not sure about platinum but titanium needs to be coated.They have been using nano coated titanium on the outside of building for some time now.This seem to be working good.The odd thing is it makes more H. than it does O.at lower amps.By doing so you don't need a PWM to control the amps. Thanks and be careful Abe
11-24-2009 07:25 PM
AlexR Offline

(11-23-2009 03:27 PM)abe Wrote:  Alexr You sound like a educated man,I'm not tell you what or what not to do.Just trying to let some know of the danger of what I belive could happen.Hexavalent Chromiun has been reported before here and on other sites.You can now buy a test kit online now and test it for your self.Yes I did read you can delute it by pouring surgar in it.This is suppose to reduce it by 97%, but do you know how much sugar to use.Buy if you would like you can go to http://www.youtube.com/user/eletrikride and watch him test for Hexavalent Chromiun for you.The proublem it seems is not running your cell,but it breaking them in. Good luck and be safe. Abe

Abe,

Thanks for the info, I will look at those videos.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
11-26-2009 04:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply