Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cell Results (Nice for first try)
joe38socalif Offline

Smile Cell Results (Nice for first try)
Well today I went forward with the installation of my cell.

I have a 2000 Ford F150 4.2L v6
Miles= 210.000

16 plate configuration +nnnnnn--nnnnnn+
(316L ss)

Sodium hydroxide mixture.
Pre-conditioned cell for 36 hours changing water every 6 hours.

I have o2 extenders on all 4 o2 sensors.
Installed the hho line into the air intake.

Mileage before install 12 mpg
Mileage after install. 15.55 mpg
Mpg gain = 3.55

I filled tank at station until auto shut off.
Drove a 70 mile round trip back to the same station using the same pump until auto shout off. Filled tank with 4.5 gallons.
At the half way point I stop to check heat of the cell. Outside temp of the cell 97 degree’s Temp at gas station during refill 103 degree’s.

This was a very raw install. What I mean by that is I didn’t seal the hho hose into the air intake. No electronics, at all. Just the extenders and hho cell. Now its time to rape the 02 sensors with tin foil and see what that does. The install the map sensor enhancer.
My goal at this point is 18- 20 mpg.
I think I can get there.

CALL YOU CONGRESS MEN AND OR LOCAL LEGISLATOR AND TELL THEM TO REMOVE ETHANOL FROM ARE FUEL. TELL THEM FOOD ON THE TABLES OF AMERICANS IS MORE IMPORTANT AND KILL THE ETHANOL FROM CORN DEAL. ETHANOL FROM CORN CAUSES EVERYONE TO PAY MORE FOR FOOD.
11-07-2008 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ghahai ghato Offline

RE: Cell Results (Nice for first try)
Excellent... Good luck!!!
11-08-2008 04:35 AM
gtkco Offline

joe38socalif Wrote:...Now its time to rape the 02 sensors....
I agree! That is exactly what those dam things derserve, them and the dam ECU! I think everyone in HHO feels the same way!

I couldn't resist. Seriously, congrats on the install. Keep us updated. We can all learn by success stories.
11-08-2008 06:17 AM
Gary Offline

Your mileage really sucked for a six. You need to check other things out as well.
11-08-2008 06:36 AM
joe38socalif Offline

Gary Wrote:Your mileage really sucked for a six. You need to check other things out as well.

210,000 miles on the truck and you think that mileage sucked ?

CALL YOU CONGRESS MEN AND OR LOCAL LEGISLATOR AND TELL THEM TO REMOVE ETHANOL FROM ARE FUEL. TELL THEM FOOD ON THE TABLES OF AMERICANS IS MORE IMPORTANT AND KILL THE ETHANOL FROM CORN DEAL. ETHANOL FROM CORN CAUSES EVERYONE TO PAY MORE FOR FOOD.
11-08-2008 07:41 AM
mrbillr Offline

joe38socalif Wrote:
Gary Wrote:Your mileage really sucked for a six. You need to check other things out as well.

210,000 miles on the truck and you think that mileage sucked ?

I agree. I think a v6 should be around 18 anyway. I have a v8 4.6 and my mileage at its worse was 14mpg. 16mpg on a good day.
Now that the hho and EFIE is installed I am up to 18.5mpg on the first fill up and doing more mods.

But certainly a good start. Any improvement is in the right direction. Keep it up!

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
11-08-2008 09:25 AM
Gary Offline

How was I to know that you've allready worn it out? And yes, 12mpg on most vehicles would be with a big diesel or 6 liter motor. Climbing hills. With a trailer.
11-08-2008 03:41 PM
joe38socalif Offline

Gary Wrote:How was I to know that you've allready worn it out? And yes, 12mpg on most vehicles would be with a big diesel or 6 liter motor. Climbing hills. With a trailer.

it's all good Big Grin

I tried the water bottle trick to see how much hho it was putting out today and to say the least it suck as a way to measure it. So I went down a bought an o2 meter the doctors use to give o2 to people, put it on there, and the thing sits at 4.5 to 5 lpm.
That to me seems high but then again what do I know.

When I put it on I did notice two leeks coming out of fittings on the top of the cell as water was seeping out. So I will have to fix that in the morning.
I have a meter to check amps. When I was bench testing it, it ran about 10 amps. How I would check the amps was to open the clamp and put the neg wire inside the loop, and it would read 10 amps,
Now when its on the truck it’s only reading 00.4 amps. And 12 volts.

Am I doing this right?

11-08-2008 05:58 PM
Gary Offline

I like using the bottle and find it accurate...at 1L/min! If yours is putting out 5 times that, I could see how it could be difficult to initiate and complete a run accurately. That is a LOT of gas! Is there water going thru the meter as well as gas? That would make it go very high.
Is your amp loop meter for AC or DC? An AC meter will read DC sometimes, but not accurately. Some of us didn't know that when we (me) bought them. Mine also would read the pulsed DC from the battery charger to a point, but got extra weird readings on the truck that made no sense. I hope this helped.
BTW, Harbor Freight sells a very cheap ammeter (50 amp) that works well for me, but one guy posted that he hated it. About four bucks.
I absolutely believe you need an ammeter in the vehicle. Too many things can (and will) go wrong that it will warn you about.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2008 06:20 PM by Gary.)
11-08-2008 06:18 PM
Yodamaker Offline

I completely agree about the amp meter but finding a good one has been like trying to catch a humming bird.

I simply used a 1ltr soda bottle and a 2ltr soda bottle

Cut the top of the 2ltr bottle off to just a little bigger than the diameter of the 1ltrr bottle
cut the center of the bottom of the 1ltr bottle out about the size of a half dollar (dont cut it off)
then i put a 3/8 barbed fitting in the cap of the 1 liter bottle
then just fill the 2ltr bottle with water and then insert the 1ltr bottle and then connect the hose to the barbed fitting as needed to measure the gas production.

when the bubbles collect it will push the 1ltr bottle up and its not hard to time the collection of one liter.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

89 Ford Probe 4cyl 51mpg/hwy
http://www.greatertech.com
11-08-2008 11:16 PM