Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheap Quick and easy gen design using a 5 gallon paint bucket
CraigBMM Offline

Cheap Quick and easy gen design using a 5 gallon paint bucket
I thought up a gen design using a 5 gallon paint bucket. I'm in process of building this.

I have just tested the lid seal for air tightness with 1 gas outlet and it really is quite air tight once you secure the lid (using the lids with the rubber o-ring seal and locking lid) which i thought it would be , and the rubber o-ring seal is not in the electrolyte mix so should not deteriate i am thinking. remember there is not alot of pressure here , with a very low pressure to open one way check valve in the hose line up front by the engine to keep the HHO in the line and in bucket during stops.

this is the simple and cheap gen design using a 5 gallon paint bucket about anybody can get really cheap if not free ( try paint supply stores , construction sites) . its a 2 cell design using a plexi glass seperator in the center leaving enough room at the top of the bucket so the gas from each gen can come together (about 2 inches from top). then two 4 or 5 plate gen setups running the 2 generator cells in series from the one bucket with 1 jumper wire going from one cell to the adjacent cell. + in gen1 , jumper wire out to other gen2 , then out gen2 - out to ground. this way the cells receive 6 volts each with enough voltage staying within the 4 or 5 plate design to create good HHO and running very cool so as not to melt the plastic bucket , the current goes in gen1 through the water then out gen1 jumped in to gen2 thru the water then out to ground - . this design can run very cool being not alot of excess voltage on the plates creating excess heat which would be bad for this gen design and melt the plastic . i have run a 4 plate design with 2 seperate plastic containers in a design just like this for my dads truck and they did produce some very serious gas and stayed very cool . 4 8x4 inch 304 16 gauge stainless steel plates per gen run in series with a jumper wire just like this design , so i'm thinking this should work the same just being in one bucket.

keep the water in each cell a few inches below the top of the plexi glass top , its ok if the water splashes between cells during operation . you just want to keep each cells water seperated by sealing the center plexi glass divider with silicone or other good sealer. once the cells warm up and fill bucket and gas line to the front of car it will not need to fill the bucket and line again because of the check valve in the line up by the engine will keep the gas in the system, so on quick stops the gas will stay in the line ready for quick gas production once the engine is restarted.

the electrolyte used was NaOH (Sodium Hydroxide) 2 teaspoons per cell with distilled water. (you need to make the electrolyte stronger in series cells being they only receive 6 volts not a full 12 like one generator would) . plate setup was +-+- .

these gens can be put in the back of a truck bed or inside a trunk corner in a car with the power and gas line being run under the car or truck like my dads was.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1636

of course you need to address the electronics using either a map/maf controller or an efie
to lean out the gasoline. dont need this on diesels . just pump in the HHO somewhere in the air intake.

good luck and may the force be with you .. go get cha miiiilaaage Smile
.jpg  IMG_0005-1.JPG (Size: 225.43 KB / Downloads: 275) plate setup

another view

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2008 02:38 AM by CraigBMM.)
09-22-2008 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
buzz Offline

RE: Cheap Quick and easy gen design using a 5 gallon paint bucket
CraigBMM Wrote:I thought up a gen design using a 5 gallon paint bucket. I'm in process of building this.

I have just tested the lid seal for air tightness with 1 gas outlet and it really is quite air tight once you secure the lid (using the lids with the rubber o-ring seal) which i thought it would be , and the rubber o-ring seal is not in the electrolyte mix so should not deteriate i am thinking. remember there is not alot of pressure here , with a very low pressure to open check valve up front by the engine to keep the HHO in the line and in bucket during stops.

this is the simple and cheap gen design using a 5 gallon paint bucket about anybody can get really cheap if not free ( try paint supply stores , construction sites) . its a 2 cell design using a plexi glass seperator in the center leaving enough room at the top of the bucket so the gas from each gen can come together (about 2 inches from top). then two 4 or 5 plate gen setups running the 2 generator cells in series from the one bucket with 1 jumper wire going from one cell to the adjacent cell. + in gen1 , jumper wire out to other gen2 , then out gen2 - out to ground. this way the cells receive 6 volts each with enough voltage staying within the 4 or 5 plate design to create good HHO and running very cool so as not to melt the plastic bucket , the current goes in gen1 through the water then out gen1 jumped in to gen2 thru the water then out to ground - . this design can run very cool being not alot of excess voltage on the plates creating excess heat which would be bad for this gen design and melt the plastic . i have run a 4 plate design with 2 seperate plastic containers in a design just like this for my dads truck and they did produce some very serious gas and stayed very cool . 4 8x4 inch 304 16 gauge stainless steel plates per gen run in series with a jumper wire just like this design , so i'm thinking this should work the same just being in one bucket.

keep the water in each cell a few inches below the top of the plexi glass top , its ok if the water splashes between cells during operation . you just want to keep each cells water seperated by sealing the center plexi glass divider with silicone or other good sealer. once the cells warm up and fill bucket and gas line to the front of car it will not need to fill the line again because of the check valve in the line up by the engine will keep the gas in the system, so on quick stops the gas will stay in the line for quick gas production once the engine is restarted.

the electrolyte used was NaOH (Sodium Hydroxide) 2 teaspoons per cell with distilled water. (you need to make the electrolyte stronger in series cells being they only receive 6 volts not a full 12 like one generator would) . plate setup was +-+- .

these gens can be put in the back of a truck bed or inside a trunk corner in a car with the power and gas line being run under the car or truck like my dads was.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1636

of course you need to address the electronics using either a map/maf controller or an efie
to lean out the gasoline. dont need this on diesels . just pump in the HHO somewhere in the air intake.

good luck and may the force be with you .. go get cha miiiilaaage Smile plate setup

another view

What is your gas LPM out put?
09-24-2008 04:34 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Wow that would be great! The only thing I can think of being a problem is make sure your bucket doesn't spill over!! That would not be a fun mess to clean up, and are you sticking it in your trunk? It sounds interesting, keep it up and let us know how it goes!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
09-24-2008 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CraigBMM Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Wow that would be great! The only thing I can think of being a problem is make sure your bucket doesn't spill over!! That would not be a fun mess to clean up, and are you sticking it in your trunk? It sounds interesting, keep it up and let us know how it goes!

ya just stick it in a plastic tray to catch any spills and secure it good
09-24-2008 06:27 PM
Clifford Offline

good luck my friend...hope u will find something possitive
05-07-2012 02:18 PM
Harishsharma Offline

We are registered with the DVLA to supply Number Plates, you should not obtain number plates from unregistered sources as they are acting illegally and your plates may not mee t the legal specification that could generate fines by police and also cause your vehicle to fail it's MOT. Car Number Plates Milton Keynes

car-number-plates-milton_keynes
06-15-2012 10:22 AM