Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Check Engine" Light On - P0171 - How bad is this?
RebelScientist Offline

RE: "Check Engine" Light On - P0171 - How bad is this?
hmm.. crimp connectors and heat shrink tubing. I'll look for them. These are great Ideas to keep wires connected. Thanks Mike Big Grin and yeah, I hate Radio Shack also. so far, the only thing that worked right are jumper cables.

well, the cutting has been already done. but other vehicles, I'll find wires close to ECM. My next project car, an 87 Buick, only has one O2 wire. so, YEY Big Grin
02-25-2008 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RebelScientist Offline

oh, by the way, CEL Came again, after the day I passed my Emission Inspection. this time, it was 4 different codes.... p0125, p0171, p0130, p0133

the 30 is faulty electrical connection for 02 sensor
and the 33 is for slow response for 02 sensor.

see, thats what happenes when I use electical tape CrazyBig Grin ...... Damn electrical connections. I am going to get those crimp connector soon. meanwhile, I hope jumpercables do the job.

no questions. just sharing my experience Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2008 02:43 AM by mike.)
02-27-2008 02:42 PM
mike Offline

Hey, I was meaning to tell you. You may well, be able to solder those joints. You probably just need a hotter iron. I was soldering some joints yesterday, and had my iron set too low, and experienced what you described. It just wouldn't stick. And I thought of what I'd written to you. If you have access to a hotter iron, you might be able to succeed with solder joints there. Be sure to get the wire good and hot. Crimping is really an inferior connection and should be avoided if possible.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2008 04:10 PM by mike.)
02-27-2008 04:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RebelScientist Offline

Okay, yeah, My Soldier thingy is way too cheap. It sometimes smoke. and I think its corroding from the tip. I'll keep in mind for the newer one I am going to buy

by the way, I got the crimp connectors up and working. I gotta get heat shrink now... So far, no CEL. the experiments will start this weekend, again. Hope everthing goes well Smile Thanks for the guidence Mike Big Grin
02-28-2008 09:32 AM
mike Offline

No problem. That's what we're here for.

Please let me know how it goes.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-28-2008 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply