Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Citric Acid? Urine as Electrolyte? Issues w/any Electrolyte sucked into engine?
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

Citric Acid? Urine as Electrolyte? Issues w/any Electrolyte sucked into engine?
Has this already been discussed, if so please point me to past thread, if not I'm not sure I heard it somewhere or was thinking it at one point myself...but I went into some further looking.

Maybe if I become a vegitarian it will be the right pH?

Or I can test pH and use it when it is Neutral...

http://www.rnceus.com/ua/uaph.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_urine

With different catalyst in Distilled water what are pros and cons for each in terms of getting sucked into throttle body/engine and possible issues over time?
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 07:42 PM by rudagray.)
07-22-2008 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Walt Offline

RE: Urine as Electrolyte? and if sucked into engine?
Urine is a piss poor idea.Big Grin
07-23-2008 06:13 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: Urine as Electrolyte? and if sucked into engine?
That's a pretty odd idea, but I can't say that I haven't thought about it either. Can someone shine some light on this topic, I'm curious too!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-23-2008 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pullstartpush Offline

RE: Urine as Electrolyte? Any Electrolyte sucked into engine?
just dont put your hand in it while sleeping!!
07-23-2008 09:24 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: Urine as Electrolyte? Issues w/any Electrolyte sucked into engine?
pullstartpush Wrote:just dont put your hand in it while sleeping!!

Aww, why not? I want to make more electrolyte while I'm asleep and make my hand smell nasty when I wake up Wink !

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-23-2008 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cheapfuel Offline

RE: Urine as Electrolyte? Issues w/any Electrolyte sucked into engine?
I have always said...if it doesn't work ...piss on it!
07-23-2008 11:57 AM
rudagray Offline

RE: Citric Acid? Urine as Electrolyte? Issues w/any Electrolyte sucked into engine?
I added Citric Acid to topic title(Lemon Juice?), and still looking for responce to second half concerning the Electrolyte making it into the engine.

I suppose I could double bubbler it, but then I say elsewhere that reducing the temp of the HHO might not be good...so if I don't bubbler and the Electrolyte fluid gets sucked into my Throttle body/Engine/Air Box pre or post filter???

With different catalyst in Distilled water what are pros and cons for each in terms of getting sucked into throttle body/engine and possible issues over time?
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 07:46 PM by rudagray.)
07-24-2008 07:45 PM
stevekos7 Offline

RE: Citric Acid? Urine as Electrolyte? Issues w/any Electrolyte sucked into engine?
rudagray Wrote:I added Citric Acid to topic title(Lemon Juice?), and still looking for responce to second half concerning the Electrolyte making it into the engine.

I suppose I could double bubbler it, but then I say elsewhere that reducing the temp of the HHO might not be good...so if I don't bubbler and the Electrolyte fluid gets sucked into my Throttle body/Engine/Air Box pre or post filter???

Why muck around with all these other electrolytes when the only ones worth using are NaOH and KOH. Anything else either won't work as well or will not last. Citric acid is not very stable and oxidises with air, so the oxygen from the electrolysis will destroy it in a few hours use.

If you use one good bubbler no electrolyte will make it past that. You need one as a flash arrestor anyway.
07-24-2008 10:21 PM
hoozadoctor Offline

I thought I read somewhere on the net that one person was using some sort of water filter. that is a device to take and remaining moisture out the the gas before it entered the motor.

I have a bubbler and at the moment amusing Bicarb but intend to go to caustic soda. At the moment the bicarb mix is very dirty. It only took a couple of hrs for the water in the bubbler to get as dirty as the cells so obviously the bicarb is reaching the bubbler.

Does anynody know of a way to filter the gas. ?

Doc
07-25-2008 03:52 AM
rudagray Offline

stevekos7 Wrote:Why muck around with all these other electrolytes when the only ones worth using are NaOH and KOH. Anything else either won't work as well or will not last. Citric acid is not very stable and oxidises with air, so the oxygen from the electrolysis will destroy it in a few hours use.

If you use one good bubbler no electrolyte will make it past that. You need one as a flash arrestor anyway.

There is recent talk, and I also had seen it elsewhere, about using Mineral water (San Pellegrino) when amps drop (it being the electrolyte) and distilled water filling as long as Amps are maintained.
07-25-2008 08:23 PM