Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Clean HHO
sax88player Offline

Clean HHO
Hey guys,

So I've been doing a lot of thinking about how clean the gas going into my motor is. When I broke a part of my cell the other day, I took apart my hosing and stuff temporary until I had the time to fix my cell... and I noticed that all of the insides of my tubes are coated in a dirty white-like substance. I am believing that this is from the fumes and moisture that has the sodium hydroxide mixed it it, since when a drop of that dries up on a table, it makes a similar residue.

Now my concern is this: should I expect that the inside of my intake manifold is probably in similar condition, and that this caustic residue is eating away at my aluminum parts in my motor? Also, are these fumes that are being burned up in my motor leaving other possibly worse effects from the addition of great heat?

I am doing all of this on a 1996 toyota tercel, and I am using 2 cells wired in series that is being injected to my pcv valve (pulling roughly 13-15 amps). Tho, i am reconsidering the plate setup that i'm using, because i finally measured the gas output, and it's only like 1/3 a liter per min.

I was thinking about coming up with some sort of an inline air filter like on a gas mask that would let the oxygen and the hydrogen through, but not the denser sodium hydroxide fumes.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Advice? ect...

Thanks!
05-15-2009 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Clean HHO
Do you have a bubbler? Do you rinse it out occasionally?

You aren't boiling your electrolyte with an inefficient cell, sending steam into your engine?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-15-2009 01:08 PM
sax88player Offline

(05-15-2009 01:08 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Do you have a bubbler? Do you rinse it out occasionally?

You aren't boiling your electrolyte with an inefficient cell, sending steam into your engine?

Hey Colchiro (or anyone else who might be able to answer this),

I don't have a bubbler since i am injecting my HHO into the PVC valve, which is under a lot of vacuum. I want to use a bubbler, but when i tried, it would just suck the bubbler water to the point where it would go in my motor... How do you install a bubbler in a vacuum injected set-up?
05-15-2009 05:44 PM
mattsauto Offline

(05-15-2009 05:44 PM)sax88player Wrote:  
(05-15-2009 01:08 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Do you have a bubbler? Do you rinse it out occasionally?

Hey Colchiro (or anyone else who might be able to answer this),

I don't have a bubbler since i am injecting my HHO into the PVC valve, which is under a lot of vacuum. I want to use a bubbler, but when i tried, it would just suck the bubbler water to the point where it would go in my motor... How do you install a bubbler in a vacuum injected set-up?

With 13-15A you should be able to produce easy 1 to 1.5L HHO with a DRY cell...
So far, what is the MPG gain with your current set up???
05-15-2009 06:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

If it sucks the bubbler water into the engine, why wouldn't it suck your electrolyte as well.

That's the main reason I'm not a big fan of injecting it into the engine vacuum.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-15-2009 06:38 PM
Zipstor Offline

Sax88.. You really want to read that hydroxy booster pdf hey... page 14.

It says in there that connecting the HHO line to a vaccum can be lethal. We like you man... but in one piece.

>> http://brownsgas.com
05-17-2009 03:56 AM