Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Clueless in KY
mattcat71 Offline

Question Clueless in KY
Hello
I am a newbie at all this HHO, PPO, IPO stuff. I do know that I have a 1999 Toyota 4Runner that I just love and would love to keep for another 10+ years... it is just that 20 mpg is killing me.

I am also very leary of internet scams.

Does anyone sell a proven system that will double my fuel economy?

mg 'in a toyota - down by the river'

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-17-2008 06:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Clueless in KY
Yup, wish I had my '99 4Runner with double the mileage. Pic1 Pic2 Hmm

My wife still has her Limited, but I don't like the mushy ride.

Someone had a commercial cell with a 30-day money back guarantee, but can't remember who that was. Wouldn't mind trying that on my brother-in-law's car. He's in sales and is on the road all the time. His primary vehicle used to be a full-size Chev pickup.

Things to remember, you should have an air-fuel sensor so an EFIE or resistor won't work with that. I post all my info in a Toyota thread. I probably have the closest to same engine as you, even tho I have a 4 cyl Rav4.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2008 07:07 AM by colchiro.)
05-17-2008 07:05 AM
jksav7 Offline

This is just my opinion, and others may disagree. I don't believe it's possible for anyone to guarantee 100% better mileage running on the typical hydroxy gas systems. Even 50% is a very tall order to make a guarantee on. The only exception that I can think of would be a very expensive procedure where a booster of 20 LPM or more capability is used in conjunction with a fuel heater and a reprogrammed ECU, among other things. That would cost thousands, and I've heard of one such conversion. Supposedly, a Ford Taurus ended up getting 70 MPG.

For the commoner I feel very strongly that it's much better to learn how to build these systems oneself and save that $1000 or more dollars. There's no gurantee in the end as to how much better fuel economy you'll have, so it's much better to tinker with it yourself. I would think that a 50% savings on your Toyota would be a bit of a lofty and very satisfying result, but not impossible.

There are those freak stories of people getting 100% gains, but very rare.

mattcat71 Wrote:Does anyone sell a proven system that will double my fuel economy?

05-17-2008 10:58 AM
mattcat71 Offline

thanks for the info.
i have more of a sales and marketing personality and am really looking for an off the shelf product that would increase my milage. Does that exist? My ROI on $1000 would be pretty quick.

matt
jksav7 Wrote:This is just my opinion, and others may disagree. I don't believe it's possible for anyone to guarantee 100% better mileage running on the typical hydroxy gas systems. Even 50% is a very tall order to make a guarantee on. The only exception that I can think of would be a very expensive procedure where a booster of 20 LPM or more capability is used in conjunction with a fuel heater and a reprogrammed ECU, among other things. That would cost thousands, and I've heard of one such conversion. Supposedly, a Ford Taurus ended up getting 70 MPG.

For the commoner I feel very strongly that it's much better to learn how to build these systems oneself and save that $1000 or more dollars. There's no gurantee in the end as to how much better fuel economy you'll have, so it's much better to tinker with it yourself. I would think that a 50% savings on your Toyota would be a bit of a lofty and very satisfying result, but not impossible.

There are those freak stories of people getting 100% gains, but very rare.

mattcat71 Wrote:Does anyone sell a proven system that will double my fuel economy?

05-17-2008 12:08 PM
colchiro Offline

mattcat71 Wrote:thanks for the info.
i have more of a sales and marketing personality and am really looking for an off the shelf product that would increase my milage. Does that exist? My ROI on $1000 would be pretty quick.

matt

You might keep an eye on this thread.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-17-2008 12:39 PM
jksav7 Offline

There's so many systems out there. Many are junk. I have very limited knowledge of what's on the market that would be worth buying. I've been hearing good things about the HydroSuper2, but nobody has of yet that I'm aware of produced any hard numbers as to gas production output. The Smack booster can be had for $260, but it will heat up a lot if used for long driving durations. The Smack (the guy who makes the Smack booster) is working on a series cell design that will greatly increase gas production, but I'm sure it will take up quite a bit of space. He said he won't have that one out for probably another couple of months.

I know that isn't really any help. Perhaps some other member here has played with a product that works really well.

Here's another website that comes to mind: http://www.hydrogen-boost.com/

And another: http://www.energyempire.com/hafc.html

Beware of Dennis Lee and the PICC. He hasn't shown any proof that he's been able to make it work. I'm skeptical of it, but the HAFC seems to be a good sound kit. Pricey, though.

I haven't heard much good about the magdrive units, but I haven't tested one either.

I do VERY STRONGLY encourage anyone who's looking for a booster to not buy one that can't be opened and cleaned. They do need maintenance now and then. When they're sealed they will eventually gunk up, and you'll have a very difficult time properly flushing them out. I think the HAFC unit is sealed. I think the HydroSuper2 is not.

[quote=mattcat71]
thanks for the info.

matt
05-17-2008 12:51 PM
maxc Offline

The HAFC is not a sealed cell. I have the kit on my truck.
mark
06-21-2008 03:02 PM