Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Commercial Use Generator [Hi-Res Pictures]
Slim K Offline

Question Commercial Use Generator [Hi-Res Pictures]
[Image: 2718144856_89b4bd6714.jpg]
More Images are at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10558638@N05/

I've recently acquired this unit, all I know is that it is some sort of H2 or HHO Generator that has been used on a commercial truck, I have no idea how to get it operational or even test it, as you can see there are a LOT of wires and I have tried to figure them out by giving the wires that 'seem' to make sense some current with no luck at booting it up. It does have some sort of water/electrolytes in the system, but I have no idea what kind. It obviously has a wiring harness for power, that has one white wire, two black and two red wires going into it, i tried giving 12 volts to every possible combination of wires or groups of wires with no luck at getting the red LED's on the power supplies to come on or any other signs of life. I have no reason to believe this unit is broken i just have no idea how to use it.

If you know anything about this unit or similar ones, or have some ideas on how to get it working, or a way to remove some parts to make it similar and thus easier to test, please let me know. If you need any more images to get close-ups of more parts let me know.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2008 02:06 PM by Slim K.)
07-30-2008 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sidco7 Offline

RE: Commercial Use Generator [Hi-Res Pictures]
Wow! now thats something I would like to take apart! Where did you get it? I'm curious whats inside the electronic part of it? The Cell workings? Looks like many hours (and a few bucks) went into that puppy.

Good luck with it, looks like a great project.
07-30-2008 03:10 PM
stevekos7 Offline

Slim K Wrote:[Image: 2718144856_89b4bd6714.jpg]
More Images are at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10558638@N05/

I've recently acquired this unit, all I know is that it is some sort of H2 or HHO Generator that has been used on a commercial truck, I have no idea how to get it operational or even test it, as you can see there are a LOT of wires and I have tried to figure them out by giving the wires that 'seem' to make sense some current with no luck at booting it up. It does have some sort of water/electrolytes in the system, but I have no idea what kind. It obviously has a wiring harness for power, that has one white wire, two black and two red wires going into it, i tried giving 12 volts to every possible combination of wires or groups of wires with no luck at getting the red LED's on the power supplies to come on or any other signs of life. I have no reason to believe this unit is broken i just have no idea how to use it.

If you know anything about this unit or similar ones, or have some ideas on how to get it working, or a way to remove some parts to make it similar and thus easier to test, please let me know. If you need any more images to get close-ups of more parts let me know.

Someone has taken a serious approach to building this unit!

It would take an electrician some time to work through the system and get an idea of the components of the circuits involved. HHO systems come in all sorts of configurations and components, and they are mostly built by 'backyarders' so it might not be easy.

Can you find out from where you got it how or by who it was built?

How did you aquire it? Was it discarded by someone because it didn't work?

For a start, large trucks don't always run on 12v, often 24v or some even 36v so that is the first place to start. If you run 12v through a 24v circuit you could actually damage some of the components. Also there might be circuits to create a pulsed current, monitoring guages, temperature gauges, ammeters etc. If you are not electrically educated you might have a hard time working through this project.

Are you going to install it in a large truck? If not, I would take it apart and salvage the components that could be used to build one for your car, and build it up from scratch, learning as you go.

Have fun!
07-30-2008 03:19 PM
baracuda Offline

I don't know if what you have came from here but these are the guys that have the $$$$ to make it. They are traded on the NYSE, have multi million dollar contracts with the government and private coorporations......If there is a Guru of Hydroxy production, I believe these guys are probably it. They certainly have the experience, R&D capabilities and the cash to get it done.

http://www.teledyneenergysystems.com/

You can't skin a fish before you catch it !
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2008 04:10 PM by baracuda.)
07-30-2008 04:05 PM
Slim K Offline

baracuda, its not from that company but it is from a similar type of company, a lot of r&d went into these, i believe the company is now defunct or something, the local dealer has closed down... these units were produced id say at least in the 100's if not 1000's and this type of unit i have reason to believe was 12 volts based on the switched power supply youll see in one of the close up pics, it was likely used in big pickup trucks or cube vans, not 18 wheelers.

heres a pic of the switched power supply
[Image: 2717315011_53db9449a2.jpg]
07-30-2008 04:45 PM
Sidco7 Offline

I'm wondering if they worked and if so, how well. And if they worked well, why are they not on every blasted cube van in North America?

I cant wait until you get through the reverse engineering on this thing.

Keep us posted and lots of pictures of the process too.
07-30-2008 04:50 PM
Slim K Offline

im a little afraid to start taking in apart in case someone comes up with a way to use it without potentially messing it up...its all custom parts, likely not much i can salvage for my own projects...yet i could be wrong

anyone know what those switching power supplies are for, how do they help production of gas?
07-30-2008 05:18 PM
Sidco7 Offline

Crap - Ida had that thing tore apart and all over that garage floor by now.
07-30-2008 05:42 PM
baracuda Offline

Slim,
If you haven't already, you might take a look at each of the electronic compents ie; power supply, transformers, ....whatever. Write down the manufacturer and part numbers. Do a little google and see what you come up with.

There's probably some sort of control unit on it, maybe PLC ( Programmable Logic Controller )

With some indepth research you might find it produces 8.25 GIGAWATTS. If that's the case all you'll need is a Delorean!!!!!

You can't skin a fish before you catch it !
07-30-2008 05:55 PM
Sidco7 Offline

baracuda Wrote:With some indepth research you might find it produces 8.25 GIGAWATTS. If that's the case all you'll need is a Delorean!!!!!

Now I just nose jetted my drink all over my laptop!
07-30-2008 06:15 PM