Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Common rail diesels
ggooch Offline

Question Common rail diesels
Do common rail diesels have O2 sensors that must be adjusted in order to achieve good results from a hydrogen/oxygen generator?
04-19-2008 05:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Common rail diesels
Hi Gordon!

I'm afraid I'm not an expert, and a real diesel mechanic should be consulted to verify what I'm going to say here. But as far as I know, all diesels are good to go with an HHO device without an EFIE. The reason is that they don't maintain fixed air/fuel ratios the way gas engines do. Diesels vary their air/fuel ratio dramatically in order to provide acceleration and deceleration. in theory, adding an HHO device would just increase your horsepower for any given throttle position. It should be as simple as that.

Gas engines try to maintain a 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio, and the HHO tricks the computer into making the mixture too rich. That's the only reason we use the EFIE: to un-trick the computer and get it back to 14.7:1. Diesels just don't have this whole thing going on, and therefore shouldn't require an EFIE.

If you find out anything different on this, please let me know. But this is my understanding of the situation.

Are you having trouble with mileage gains with a particular common rail diesel engine?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-19-2008 07:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ggooch Offline

ggooch Wrote:
mike Wrote:Hi Gordon!

I'm afraid I'm not an expert, and a real diesel mechanic should be consulted to verify what I'm going to say here. But as far as I know, all diesels are good to go with an HHO device without an EFIE. The reason is that they don't maintain fixed air/fuel ratios the way gas engines do. Diesels vary their air/fuel ratio dramatically in order to provide acceleration and deceleration. in theory, adding an HHO device would just increase your horsepower for any given throttle position. It should be as simple as that.

Gas engines try to maintain a 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio, and the HHO tricks the computer into making the mixture too rich. That's the only reason we use the EFIE: to un-trick the computer and get it back to 14.7:1. Diesels just don't have this whole thing going on, and therefore shouldn't require an EFIE.

If you find out anything different on this, please let me know. But this is my understanding of the situation.

Are you having trouble with mileage gains with a particular common rail diesel engine?

Ignore the previous post with nothing in it. I am new to this forum thing.

No problem...yet. We manufacture the MileageMaker and I have a dealer in Scandanavia working the Scandanavian big rig markets. I was relaying the question I received from him. Thanks for the assist.

ggooch
04-19-2008 07:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Not a problem. I deleted the empty post.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-19-2008 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply