Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Complete Build Questions
JFTN Offline

Complete Build Questions
Is there any type of compilation being done on the best methods found from everyone's tinkering? Sort of like a FAQ or complete build guide or just a thread dedicated to compiling the most up-to-date findings?

Questions I have now are :

1) Whats best plates or spirals? Materials & Sizes?

2) Whats the best container material & sizes? SS, PVC, Glass?

3) Can you see gains without sensor modifications?

4) Whats the best position to introduce the gas? Behind the air filter? Direct to the Intake? PCV? other?

5) What are good electrolytes and how/where are they purchased? Are there any safety precautions in mixing/using?
07-21-2008 07:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shotgun Offline

RE: Complete Build Questions
about 3 weeks worth of reading and watching the threads here and the secrets will be revealed to you eventually Big Grin

i think everyone's busy with building the perfect system so they don't have much time left to compile a guide ..

Big Grin
07-21-2008 05:02 PM
Nitebot Offline

A guide would be most helpful, or a nice sticky thread with all the basic stuff covered via links and so on.
07-21-2008 10:54 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

I just finished my coiled (wrapped or "Mr. G" method) method today. I'm using 3" PVS ABS (schedule 40), it's real tough but expensive. I use it more because Arizona is so flippin' hot that I don't want my enclosure to warp. I tried it out about an hour ago but I think I had a short somewhere (crap!). Back to the drawing board, I guess. If you want to help, please check out this thread! It explains what happened in descent details, thanks!
http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php...71#pid9271

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-21-2008 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stevekos7 Offline

I think a sticky FAQ that could be edited continuously would be a great idea. The only problem is that for every question you will get at least a dozen different answers, all from people who have seen 'their' system work.

Sorry JFTN, there just isn't any easy to digest, pre-packaged box of all the answers to these questions. It's a steep learning curve, unless you just go and buy a unit from a seller on ebay or the net. I would recommend spending about 50 hours looking at all the videos, this forum and others, and learning slowly.

But, because I do have some time available:

1. Construction of electrolyzers: Plates are the most popular, around 6" x 3" or so is the most common size (although some would disagree). The majority of people would agree that 316 or 316L Stainless steel plate around 1.2mm max in thickness would be the best, but definitely at least 304 grade.

2. Best containers: Some swear by glass 'mason' jars (but don't drop one). PVC works ok, but it does get soft with alot of heat. I am perfecting my latest cell built with clear acrylic sheet. Some people use electrical boxes, and they are ok. If you use neutral plates you must seal the cell to stop current leakage. Not too big or you will not be able to fit it under your hood. Not too small or you will have to fill it too often. I would say a good size for a container is 2 times the area your cell takes up, but that is just a 'rule of thumb'.

3. Gains: Depends on your vehicle. If yours is a carb vehicle pre '86 you don't need to play with any electricals to see good improvements. Otherwise it is a case of working through things bit by bit. Most EFI vehicles will need a mod to the O2 sensor. Many swear that an EFIE (Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer) is a must, but some swear that they get good results without one. There are other gizmos like MAF enhancers, and the list goes on.

4. Best position to introduce the gas: Some say into the Air cleaner box, some after the air cleaner but before the throttle body. Some say the vacuum hose, some say both.

5. Electrolytes: This one is fairly easy. Definitely either NaOH (Sodium Hydroxide - as pure as you can find) or KOH (Potassium Hydroxide - very hard to get). NaOH and KOH are dangerous if you spill high concentrations on your skin or get it in your eyes, but if you are reasonably careful you don't have to be too worried. Definitely don't use baking soda (goes brown and clogs up cells), salt (too corosive and gives off chlorine gas), mineral water (has some wierd salts that do all sorts of alchemic wizardry in your cell), tap water: (goes brown and gunky), coke (just kidding, but I am waiting to hear...)

And that's just for the questions you asked. There are at least a dozen important questions you haven't asked yet.

Have fun (realy... it is!)
07-22-2008 03:32 AM