Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Complete Newb
03Ram Offline

Complete Newb
Okay, so I've heard about this HHO stuff before but I just kind of blew it off until today. I've been researching and trying to find all the information that I can on how they work, what they do, etc. I kind of understand what this stuff does now, and I think I know what I need.... but I'm just here to double check and hopefully get pointed in the right direction.

So, I need the actual system and the EFIE, correct?

Now, here's my main question...

I'm looking for the most efficient, yet reasonably priced system that I can find. I'm currently driving a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.7L Hemi. I love the 345HP, but not the gas that it drinks. Never would've bought it if I would've known how expensive Washington is... both gas and insurance. I spend about half my check on that, then probably another quarter on gas. I just love where the Army sends you. Anyway, enough griping... can anyone help me out?
05-26-2008 02:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Complete Newb
My advice would be to read more, you'll learn a lot that way.

You'll probably need the double EFIE since you probably have 2 pre-cat o2 sensors with the V-style engine (V8). You need to make sure you have narrow band sensors (not air-fuel sensors or wide band sensors), since that's the only kind that work with the EFIE. Since you have an '03, you're probably ok there. With a large engine, you'll need a lot of hho, probably should think 2 hho cells.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-26-2008 06:21 AM
03Ram Offline

Well, my main thing is brand or whatever. Would the ones on eBay be sufficient or are there issues with too many scams with these products. Looking at this one.
05-26-2008 01:52 PM
colchiro Offline

Personally, I would not install a cell that uses wire or a glass housing, but there are many people here that got results with them (before their wire rusted).

Check out this Smack vs Hyzor thread.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-26-2008 02:06 PM
dpater47 Offline

colchiro Wrote:Personally, I would not install a cell that uses wire or a glass housing, but there are many people here that got results with them (before their wire rusted).

Check out this Smack vs Hyzor thread.

colchiro, i have a question and a comment.the comment is; i have several friends that have built the glass jar system and used the better wire(stainless or nickle) with no major problems and a couple has had it for a year.
i am still reading to see which one i want to build and of course cost is important.some one here in fla is selling a system called the hydro 4000 for appox $1300 and said the price will rise to $1900 after the intro,to much for me.so,what is the appox cost for the Smack or Hyzor system ?
as i said i am intrested in a system and i alreadt ordered the efie from mike,just need to pick the system.thanks
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2008 04:34 AM by dpater47.)
05-27-2008 04:33 AM
colchiro Offline

I think the Smack and Hyzor run about $300, maybe less, for parts and instructions (you build it). I've heard some people substituted 316L stainless (higher quality) for light switch plates in the Smacks.

I suspect the over $1,000 systems, if they install and setup (and they know what they're doing), might appeal to someone with 2 left thumbs, or no time to mess with it. I'd probably consider it if they could guarantee 10+ mpg and warranty their work.

Rick

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2008 05:32 PM by colchiro.)
05-27-2008 05:31 PM